Have a Question about Xbox Game Pass - Download resume feature broken

Discus and support Have a Question about Xbox Game Pass - Download resume feature broken in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Hello Team, Need your help on the following: Please read carefully that help understand problem description Description I have 3 Drives (C: , D:... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Devendra_S, Jan 29, 2022.

1. Devendra_S
    Devendra_S Guest

Hello Team,

Need your help on the following:

Please read carefully that help understand problem description

Description

• I have 3 Drives (C: , D: and E: ) , C- M.2 SSD , D and E - HDD 1TB and 2TB respectively
    • Now, I have windows only on C: and for various reason I have now to wipe / format OS and reinstall Windows (It's needed)
    • And all my "Games" are on E: drive completely isolated from C: drive.
    • Now, unlike Origin and Steam which smartly able to detect my already downloaded games and able to install them like they've been already downloaded
      (I mean after fresh windows install)
    • I have faced challenge with that for Xbox Games Pass app. I had to download Forza (105 GB and other games) AGAIN. So not a bandwidth optimized app I would say.
    Please help me to take steps before I proceed with formatting my C: drive to help save my bandwidth.

:)

Devendra_S, Jan 29, 2022
  2. Jesse E' Win User

Hello, My name is Jesse. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

Unfortunately you'll need to install the games again as there's a bug on the app that makes it fail to recognise existing games after a Windows reinstall. This is due to how heavily encrypted the WindowsApps where Microsoft store games is. Sorry for the inconvenience
  3. Devendra_S Win User

Cannot resume or cancel download (Xbox Gamepass PC)

Hello I have similar question,.
    Adding reply here to visit this later.

But if you interested to take a look at my question posted regarding download and resume (already downloaded) xbox games pass -games.

LINK
  4. Bart50 Win User

Instant on, game resume

The resume quickly feature has been broken for me as well since the March update. I only have one game -- Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag. I also have limited time to play it -- 15 minutes here, 30 there, and that quick resume was a life saver! Now that
    it's gone, I'm quite irritated.

I used to look forward to system updates on the Xbox 360. So far on the Xbox One, updates are something I worry about when they are announced. It's like "What's going to break this time?" Seriously, the previous update broke my ability to say "Yes" after
    saying "Xbox Turn Off". Now that feature is working again but I can't resume my game in progress. Ugh.
  5. kyle_m4496 Win User

xbox series s quick resume

Hi Mattie. My name is Kyle and I'm an independent advisor.

Some games do not support Quick Resume, the developer can disable the feature for their game if they wish.

For example Fortnite does not and never has supported quick resume.

Please reach back if you have further questions.

Thanks,
    Kyle
  6. Lucas Lauer Win User

Quick resume

Hello, begsback. Thanks for reaching out! My name is Lucas, and I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft user just like you. I'll be happy to assist you today.

You can try to remove games from the quick resume feature. To not use quick resume when on standby:

- Press the Xbox button on your controller to open the guide.

- Select System > Settings > Power & startup > Power mode & startup.

- Under Quick resume, toggle the setting to Off.

To remove games from the quick resume:

- First, click on the Xbox button on your Controller, then “My games & apps”.

- You will locate the list of games that are currently used in the feature Quick Resume.

- Head to the game with the quick resume saved states that you are looking to remove.

- In the highlighted game on your controller hit the Menu button (a small button with the 3 horizontal lines icon) to open up the pop-up menu.

- Now in your pop-up menu, click on “Remove from Quick Resume”.

If you want to submit a feedback for the Xbox team to remove the quick resume feature or to have an option to complete turn it off, please use the Feedback Hub app. It is currently the best choice available for us players. Here on the community forum we are only users. We do not work for Xbox.

If you have any question, please let me know.
Thema:

1. Have a Question about Xbox Game Pass - Download resume feature broken - Similar Threads - Question Game Pass

2. Question regarding Game pass

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Question regarding Game pass: Hey so I have game pass on my Xbox series X but i wish to share my game pass subscription to my brother who has an Xbox one, the game sharing part works but my brother cannot play games online for...
  3. Xbox PC Game Pass question

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox PC Game Pass question: I want to buy PC Game Pass, i just want to ask can i play multiplayer/co op games with my friends without ultimate gamepass, and how long do games stay in catalog, because i don't want to take...
  4. Question on game pass please

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Question on game pass please: Hello I'm new to Xbox series x I have purchased the £1 game pass trial 14 days. But there is a game I want to purchase it's £18.14 and not available on the game pass My question is will I loose...
  5. question about game pass starfeild

in XBoX Games and Apps
    question about game pass starfeild: will it be avilible on 1 or 6th will it include deluxe or just basic ? can i buy deluexe only and use it on game pass ver ? ec34f62e-a597-4c60-9d30-4886cc3c0f19
  6. Xbox Family Game Pass Sharing Question

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Family Game Pass Sharing Question: Hi! Does anyone know if and when Microsoft will offer Xbox family game pass sharing? I know they were testing it but I haven’t heard any updates. Thanks submitted by /u/roccoj86 [link] [comments]
  7. Question about how to transfer Xbox Game Pass games from old PC hard drive into new PC.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Question about how to transfer Xbox Game Pass games from old PC hard drive into new PC.: Hi, I have a question about how to transfer Xbox Game Pass game files from my old PC(Win10) hard drive into new PC(Win11) without re-downloading all over again? My new PC is gonna arrive by next...
  8. Question: Would I be able to redeem regular Xbox Game Pass Ultimate codes at 60% of the...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Question: Would I be able to redeem regular Xbox Game Pass Ultimate codes at 60% of the...: https://mp1st.com/news/195198xbox-game-pass-friends-and-family-plan-revealed-ahead-of-official-announcement-conversion-rates-faq-listed Maybe I will be able to tell Microsoft to convert what I’ve...
  9. Question: How many Xbox Game Pass Ultimate days would I get with this? (Saturday, May 14th,...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Question: How many Xbox Game Pass Ultimate days would I get with this? (Saturday, May 14th,...: Hopefully more than 50 days at 22,750 pts. as a level 2 member on Microsoft Rewards! https://rewards.microsoft.com/redeem/000400000334 2ec4b23a-841c-40e2-a5fb-33b68d471f92
  10. PC Game pass + Microsoft rewards question

in XBoX on Windows
    PC Game pass + Microsoft rewards question: Hello there! So recently I have been using Microsoft rewards a lot and soon plan to redeem 1 Month of the PC game pass. Therefore, I see some little stuff in the text, and I wanted to ask a...