Have a child on my account, changed xbox privacy setting, they can't join realms on Minecraft.

Discus and support Have a child on my account, changed xbox privacy setting, they can't join realms on Minecraft. in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Hi there, My problem is that I have a child on my account and I changed all the xbox settings, and they have signed in and out of their account to... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by bunnyplush, Aug 3, 2018.

1. bunnyplush
    bunnyplush Guest

Have a child on my account, changed xbox privacy setting, they can't join realms on Minecraft.

Hi there,

My problem is that I have a child on my account and I changed all the xbox settings, and they have signed in and out of their account to try to see if that works, but they can't join realms.

Also, I have tried to change "you can create and join clubs" and "broadcast gameplay" to "allow" but everytime I hit submit, they go back to being 'blocked.'

Any help is appreciated.

:)

bunnyplush, Aug 3, 2018
  2. how to add child to xbox live without a console so that minecraft realms work?

We're trying to use Minecraft PE to connect to a realm. The child account was created from Minecraft PE on iOS, the account appears under the parent Microsoft account family, but does not appear under the Parent Xbox Live family.

The child was successfully invited to a realm created by the parent, but when the child tries to connect, gets the message "You cannot play on Realms because of how your Xbox Live account is set up. This can be changed in your privacy & online safety settings
    on Xbox.com".

However, the child can't change those settings, the parent needs to, but the parent can only change them from the Xbox account view (where, in this case, the child does not show up).

We do not have an Xbox console. We just want to play MInecraft with family and friends on a realm.

Microsoft support says there's no way to add the child without an Xbox console. I wonder why Minecraft PE walked us through creating a child account in the first place?

AglitterBook933, Aug 3, 2018
  3. Redshirt1701
    Redshirt1701 Guest
    Minecraft Live on Xbox one and Windows 10 - Child accounts can't join realm

OK, I took another crack at it tonight and this worked for me. If you try it, please reply to let people know if it worked for you.

I stopped trying in Sign in to your Microsoft account I moved to working in the console exclusively

In the console,

• I went into my Minecraft realm and sent an invitation to my child's account
    • I exited Minecraft
    • I made sure my child's account was signed out
    • I logged into my xbox one with my account and went to settings --> Account --> Family --> Child's settings
    • In the Account <child gamer Tag>'s privacy and online safety settings
    • I went into privacy & online safety --> Xbox Live Privacy --> and changed it to Adult Defaults "More Social" & selected swich
    • I went back 2 screens and went to Access to Content and then changed it to appropriate for ages up to 17
    I left myself signed in and then signed in my child's account

From my child's account I went into Minecraft over to friends tab and accepted the invite and then logged into the realm, letting it load backup

Success!!!

OK, now to lock things back down

I quit out of minecraft

Signed off of my child's account

Went back into the child's settings:

Set the xbox privacy to Child defaults and hit switch

I then went view details and customize --> . communications & Multiplayer & Set allow for "you can join multiplayer games"

And then backed out of the profile.

To test:

I kept my account logged in

Signed into my child's account

Loaded mine craft and joined the realm

And it worked!

Also, my son who also plays on a windows 10 computer can get in as well.

Caveat - I hope this makes sense

We have 4 xboxes & 4 users in the house (excessive I know). 2 users have xbox gold accounts. When either of the two users without gold accounts login (without someone with a gold account already logged in) , they can get to Minecraft but not into the realm.
    So, looks like you need an xbox gold account to use minecraft realms.

I hope this helps someone else. I conquered the error, but need to buy two more xbox gold accounts if I want all 4 people to be able to log into their own xbox and play in the realm. sigh.

Redshirt1701, Aug 3, 2018
  4. Saeleth
    Saeleth Guest

Heya,

I would suggest setting all of the default settings on your child's account to adult, just to test to see if you can play together which will help us zero on in where the issue may be. If you can't even even they have full access then its a symptom of something
    different than just settings. If it does work then you can revert to child settings one by one to see where / if the issue occurs again.

Saeleth, Aug 4, 2018
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema:

Users found this page by searching for:

1. minecraft realm add child without xbox console

2. how to change xbox child settings so can do realms