Has Xbox Live for the Xbox 360 been discontinued by Microsoft?

Discus and support Has Xbox Live for the Xbox 360 been discontinued by Microsoft? in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Microsoft did a similar thing when they silently ended production of the Xbox One in 2020. I am surprised no one else has mentioned that error 80151103... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by TheBlast347, Mar 30, 2022.

1. TheBlast347
    TheBlast347 Guest

Microsoft did a similar thing when they silently ended production of the Xbox One in 2020. I am surprised no one else has mentioned that error 80151103 and related errors has been going on (for me at least) since about late 2020. That particular instance of the error was fixed for me when I contacted support; apparently they fixed an internal error with my profile. However, when I bought another Xbox 360 lately, it started to happen again (I sold the other one a while back). I have heard they have temporarily shut down the servers to fix these errors, however I'm skeptical it's temporary because there may not be a solution. The Xbox Live servers for Halo on the 360 were recently shuttered, the 360's predecessor was shut down over 11 years ago, and there is not much reason to keep the servers other than multiplayer on backward compatibility. I hate to say this because I started using Xbox Live on the 360 and it is my favorite console of all time, but this could be more trouble than it's worth.

Thank you.

:)

TheBlast347, Mar 30, 2022
  2. TheBlast347 Win User

I don't think you understand what I'm saying here. I have given up trying to log in on Xbox 360, but I'm sure that others haven't, and clearly I want this issue to be resolved more than Microsoft does.
  3. Obsessive Power Win User

Hi,

The Xbox Live Servers for the Xbox 360 are not shut down. Individual games will vary depending on how the games were designed to be played online. Some games use dedicated servers, many of these have been shut down by their respective owners.

Error 80151103 can be caused by:

• There's a temporary problem with the Xbox Live service.
    • There's a problem with the security information for your Microsoft account.
    • There's a problem with the Xbox Live profile that's stored on your Xbox 360 console.
  4. Danno McK. Win User

360 not playing games or movies.

Hardware service for original Xbox 360 consoles has been discontinued. Microsoft now only offers service for the later 360S and 360E consoles.
  5. Shadow1849 Win User

Xbox live

Hi mickiecipprianii!

Xbox Live 1-year subscriptions have been discontinued and will no longer be offered or honored and will be converted to Xbox Live Ultimate Game Pass.

No further information has been provided at this time.

Source(s):

https://www.pcmag.com/news/microsoft-stops-selling-12-month-xbox-live-gold-subscriptions

https://www.techspot.com/news/86052-microsoft-has-discontinued-12-month-xbox-live-gold.html

https://www.engadget.com/microsoft-ends-12-month-xbox-live-gold-memberships-192821957.html
  6. StuartATrueRed Win User

Can You Bring Back Xbox 360 Smartglass Please

The Xbox 360 smartglass has been discontinued, and as such will not be coming back to any of the app stores including Google Play, the Microsoft store or iOS.
Thema:

1. Has Xbox Live for the Xbox 360 been discontinued by Microsoft? - Similar Threads - Has Live 360

2. Why does my mw3 on xbox 360 keeps saying tbe communication with xbox live has been...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my mw3 on xbox 360 keeps saying tbe communication with xbox live has been...: Why does my mw3 on xbox 360 keeps saying tbe communication with xbox live has been interrupted if I'm actually connected? ba3926af-0fcf-4032-963d-e0e473da5eed
  3. I renewed my xbox live subscription on xbox 360 and now my Data has been deleted

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I renewed my xbox live subscription on xbox 360 and now my Data has been deleted: I renewed my xbox live subscription on xbox 360 and now my Data has been deleted I encountered this issue on modern warfare 3 All my statistics have been deleted Help me please...
  4. Xbox 360 has internet but can't connect to xbox live

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 has internet but can't connect to xbox live: I bought a second hand orignal xbox 360 its plugged into via ethernet cable my arris xfinity router during the test it has internet gets 30% through the xbox live bar and than says it fails.please...
  5. My Xbox 360 has failed Internet connections and blocked Xbox Live

in XboX Networking Hardware
    My Xbox 360 has failed Internet connections and blocked Xbox Live: My Xbox 360 has failed Internet connections and blocked Xbox Live Have you tried port forwarding If you have a firewall or network hardware such as a router, you might need to make a...
  6. 360 Console has Service Alert when all services show up xbox.com and Live profile won't login

in XBoX on Consoles
    360 Console has Service Alert when all services show up xbox.com and Live profile won't login: 360 has error 8007007A for a few days. XBOX.com says services up. Account says last login was successful on 360 but I get the error. 3 Xbox One, Xbox One S work fine. xbox.com works fine. No 360...
  7. My Xbox 360 has connection issues to Xbox Live

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox 360 has connection issues to Xbox Live: I bought a Linksys EA7500 wireless/wired router and upgraded from a much older model that finally died after a good 10+ years of use. This new router works fine for my cell phones, my laptops, my...
  8. Has Microsoft killed Live for the 360?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Has Microsoft killed Live for the 360?: I have been unable to sign into Xbox Live for a few days now. It worked perfectly last week when I re-upped my Gold account, and it still has internet connection, but fails to connect to Live. I...
  9. Xbox live account and 360 has been banned

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox live account and 360 has been banned: I recieved an email the other day telling me my Xbox live profile ( Dan Fletcher x ) has been banned off Xbox live forever. I have had this account for over 6 years and I am absoloutly gutted...
  10. My Xbox live gamertag has changed and I can no longer sign in to Xbox Live via 360

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox live gamertag has changed and I can no longer sign in to Xbox Live via 360: Last week I was known as zZFlickerBeanZz, I turned on my xbox today to get this message: "Sorry this profile can't connect to xbox live on this profile. To fix it, download it again." I signed...