Has there been any progress on audio lag for Dolby Atmos and other Dolby options?

Discus and support Has there been any progress on audio lag for Dolby Atmos and other Dolby options? in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; It has been a slight issue honestly for me since the implementation of the audio option. I connect through an AV receiver to tv. It's only with Dolby... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/Leatherface24, Nov 3, 2023.

1. Has there been any progress on audio lag for Dolby Atmos and other Dolby options?

It has been a slight issue honestly for me since the implementation of the audio option. I connect through an AV receiver to tv. It's only with Dolby options that there is any noticable audio lag. Other options are totally fine including DTS:X. There was some discussion not too long ago when Sony added Atmos as an audio option for PS5 and there is zero audio lag either through TV eARC or through my receiver for that. It looked like Xbox did take notice to that but I've read and heard nothing since.

submitted by /u/Leatherface24
    [link] [comments]

/u/Leatherface24, Nov 3, 2023
  2. StuartATrueRed Win User

Dolby Atmos for Headphones question

If the game does not support Dolby Atmos, then the audio is normal stereo. Microsoft are working on updating Dolby Atmos, where if the game does not support Dolby, the audio will be converted to simulate Dolby Atmos.
  3. lXxTGOxXl Win User

Dolby Atmos for Headphones for Xbox

I did that and when I click Dolby Atmos for headphones in my audio settings on my Xbox it pops up a window that says I need to download Dolby Atmos for Headphones from the Dolby Access app. Then in the same window it gives me the option to learn more and
    when I click learn more. It takes me to my Dolby Access app. Just to tell me I have to turn Dolby Atmos for Headphones on in my Xbox audio settings. It is a repeated cycle. Both is telling me I need to enable something on the other but it won't let me
  4. Krudster Win User

Dolby Atmos App - When will it be updated

This is Xbox One specific, and relates to how Dolby Atmos capabilities via Home Cinema amps. They have been compromised by the fact that the Dolby Atmos app version has not kept up with the firmware of numerous current amps from multiple brands.

Since August, it changed from outputting Atmos signals as "Atmos" to to generic "multi Ch in".

Like many others, I mailed Denon, and it is an issue relating to the MAT container embedded in the Dolby Atmos app. We collectively need a definitive answer on when Microsoft and/or Dolby intends to upgrade to 1.6?

The full quite of the Denon explanation is below:

"Dolby Atmos version is changed from “Dolby Harmony 1.3” to “Dolby Home Audio 1.6” via U21 Update. The Dolby Home Audio 1.6 includes the “Dolby MAT signaling” feature that detecting the channel based PCM signal contained into the Dolby MAT Container.
    And, major player which contains the PCM signal into Dolby MAT container is only XBOX One S and XBOX One X, currently. With new Dolby Atmos version 1.6, specific processing of source (XBOX) is needed. This is now the problem: Xbox did not implement this processing
    yet:"
  5. napalm 31337 Win User

Dolby Atmos on Xbox One X = issue !

Hi RomiDumitru,

*maybe* this "problem" is exactly how the Dolby Atmos App on Xbox One X works.

Dolby Atmos native content? perfect! Dolby Atmos playback.

No Dolby Atmos? the App upmix current audio track to Dolby Atmos (the headphones features works in this way).

I don't know if is intentional.
  6. kev edin Win User

Dolby Atmos app on xbox not working....

I have same problem everything shows as dolby atmos. I just get on with it . I dont have audio delay though 🤔

There are issues with dolby atmos that has been on going for a while though. Still no fix 🤔👍
Thema:

Has there been any progress on audio lag for Dolby Atmos and other Dolby options?

1. Has there been any progress on audio lag for Dolby Atmos and other Dolby options? - Similar Threads - Has been progress

2. I have lost all my Forza Horizon 5 progress from my console cloud save and it has been...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I have lost all my Forza Horizon 5 progress from my console cloud save and it has been...: I had a cloud save for Forza Horizon 5 on my Xbox Series X that I have been playing on since the game launched. Yesterday, I decided to download the Xbox App on PC and download Forza Horizon 5...
  3. All of my sea of thieves progress has been lost, how do I get it back?

in XBoX Accessibility
    All of my sea of thieves progress has been lost, how do I get it back?: I have recently tried to play sea of thieves through steam after resetting my computer. To my surprise, when I logged in with the email that I have always used - the game prompted me to choose a...
  4. How to recover progress of game which has been lost

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How to recover progress of game which has been lost: Lost progress of game middle earth shadow war was more or less half way through the game and all of a sudden when went to play game my progress was lost is there any way of fixing issue ?...
  5. Controller has been sent back and I have no way to contact Microsoft about progress of issue.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller has been sent back and I have no way to contact Microsoft about progress of issue.: I have sent back an Elite Series 2 Wireless Controller and I had been contacted by a microsoft Employee about 2-3 weeks ago. He told me that there were ver lenghty delays on refurbished stock so...
  6. Cloud save has been overwritten with old save. I've lost all my progress.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cloud save has been overwritten with old save. I've lost all my progress.: While playing Binding of Isaac repentance, without even exiting the game, I have lost all the progress I had. It has returned to leave the game as it was in the previous update. In my profile, all...
  7. It has been a decade without progress

in XBoX on Consoles
    It has been a decade without progress: Xbox has been out for over a decade but people in Indonesia are still not afforded the ability to purchase your products legally. They are forced to buy black market games and use fake game pass...
  8. My Forza Horizon 4 has been synchronizing data since entering the game, but the progress...

in XBoX on Windows
    My Forza Horizon 4 has been synchronizing data since entering the game, but the progress...: My Forza Horizon 4 has been synchronizing data since entering the game, but the progress has been 0 49d240e6-77f7-4bc7-90db-315940df72a6
  9. All my progress in the solitaire collection has been lost 3 years of daily play gone

in XBoX Games and Apps
    All my progress in the solitaire collection has been lost 3 years of daily play gone: My father has been playing the solitaire collection for three years he is 86 years old and are his computer stopped working so I took my laptop down there converted his stuff over to my computer...
  10. My Jigsaw Jam progress has been wiped

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My Jigsaw Jam progress has been wiped: Yesterday I completed three stars on all levels for collections 1, 2 and 3. Also earlier today I completed a 200+ piece puzzle (the Tiger) and it has not recorded my progress. Any help to have my...