Has Microsoft killed Live for the 360?

Discus and support Has Microsoft killed Live for the 360? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have been unable to sign into Xbox Live for a few days now. It worked perfectly last week when I re-upped my Gold account, and it still has internet... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Whytwulf35, Jan 23, 2016.

1. Whytwulf35
    Whytwulf35 Guest

I have been unable to sign into Xbox Live for a few days now. It worked perfectly last week when I re-upped my Gold account, and it still has internet connection, but fails to connect to Live. I have run through the Troubleshooter steps on here multiple
    times, and have looked for solutions elsewhere as well. I have done the UPnP fix, Port Forwarded, DMZ, Direct Modem connection, etc. Cleared System Cache, and deleted my profile as suggested in the event it was corrupted (and now because I can't connect
    to Live, I can't download it again. Thanks for that.) My ISP has not changed, nor have they changed their policies regarding consoles, so it isn't them. All signs point to this being an issue on Xbox's end. So, what gives? I thought the rumors of 360
    Live ending were just that, rumors. Are we being forced to buy an XbOne?

:)

Whytwulf35, Jan 23, 2016
  2. G Ray
    G Ray Guest
    Purchasing Microsoft Points for a child's account

Now that Microsoft has killed the Family Pack, how do I purchase Microsoft Points for my kids' accounts?

G Ray, Jan 23, 2016
  3. FoomBerry
    FoomBerry Guest
    MS Has killed the community...

The MVP's bragging I don't believe, most of the other things you said I do believe however.

FoomBerry, Jan 23, 2016
  4. Has Microsoft killed Live for the 360?

Whatever is causing your connection issues is not due to a closure of Xbox Live for the 360. I played a co-op game online with my 360 today, so I can verify that Live is still functioning on the 360. Microsoft would give us a formal announcement prior to
    shutting down the live services.

I see that you've done several things in the attempt to connect to live, so please forgive me if you've done this already: have you tried resetting your modem and/or router?

HyruleBalverine, Jan 23, 2016
  5. Whytwulf35
    Whytwulf35 Guest
    I only asked about them closing 360 Live as the same issues were occurring for a few other friends as well. But they are back online and I am not. Yes, I have done the extended power cycle for both router and modem. I have even done a factory reset on
    my router and then reconfigured it (again) as per the troubleshooting guide. Still no success. I have Internet connectivity according to the Network Test, and am able to connect to my PC. It just constantly fails between the Internet and Live Services,
    although it is able to display the status of Live Services.

Whytwulf35, Jan 23, 2016
  6. Whytwulf35
    Whytwulf35 Guest
    Here's my Error Status Report, if it helps.

W: 0000-000B

X: 0000-F001

Y: 30A8-4840

Z: 0000-0000

ID: FFFF-FFFF

L: 8015-190E

Q: 8007-0435

T: Wired

Whytwulf35, Jan 23, 2016
  7. Hello, your connection issues are not do to Microsoft discontinuing Xbox Live service for the Xbox 360.

-Xbox Ambassador

SilencedAxis569, Jan 23, 2016
  8. Has Microsoft killed Live for the 360?

Hello Whytwulf35,

I apologize for the issues you are having, regarding to that you are not able to sign into Xbox Live. Would you try this troubleshoot, and if it works would you like this post and let us know if it works? Thank you!

Troubleshoot for Xbox 360

Open System Settings

Click on Storage

Highlight either Hard Drive or Memory Unit

Press the following buttons;

LB,RB,X and then LB,RB,X again

There will be a message that will popup, and then click on yes

The console will reboot and ask you to update and go ahead and apply the update

Once you get to the homepage, re-add the profile Has Microsoft killed Live for the 360? :)

Thank you

BeastSniper915, Jan 28, 2016
  9. Whytwulf35
    Whytwulf35 Guest
    Thank you very much. That worked like a charm!

Whytwulf35, Oct 31, 2018
  10. BeastSniper915 Win User

Hello Whytwulf35,

I apologize for the issues you are having, regarding to that you are not able to sign into Xbox Live. Would you try this troubleshoot, and if it works would you like this post and let us know if it works? Thank you!

Troubleshoot for Xbox 360

Open System Settings

Click on Storage

Highlight either Hard Drive or Memory Unit

Press the following buttons;

LB,RB,X and then LB,RB,X again

There will be a message that will popup, and then click on yes

The console will reboot and ask you to update and go ahead and apply the update

Once you get to the homepage, re-add the profile :)

Thank you
  11. SilencedAxis569 Win User

Hello, your connection issues are not do to Microsoft discontinuing Xbox Live service for the Xbox 360.

-Xbox Ambassador
  12. HyruleBalverine Win User

Whatever is causing your connection issues is not due to a closure of Xbox Live for the 360. I played a co-op game online with my 360 today, so I can verify that Live is still functioning on the 360. Microsoft would give us a formal announcement prior to
    shutting down the live services.

I see that you've done several things in the attempt to connect to live, so please forgive me if you've done this already: have you tried resetting your modem and/or router?
  13. Whytwulf35 Win User

Here's my Error Status Report, if it helps.

W: 0000-000B

X: 0000-F001

Y: 30A8-4840

Z: 0000-0000

ID: FFFF-FFFF

L: 8015-190E

Q: 8007-0435

T: Wired
  14. Whytwulf35 Win User

I only asked about them closing 360 Live as the same issues were occurring for a few other friends as well. But they are back online and I am not. Yes, I have done the extended power cycle for both router and modem. I have even done a factory reset on
    my router and then reconfigured it (again) as per the troubleshooting guide. Still no success. I have Internet connectivity according to the Network Test, and am able to connect to my PC. It just constantly fails between the Internet and Live Services,
    although it is able to display the status of Live Services.
Thema:

1. Has Microsoft killed Live for the 360? - Similar Threads - Has Microsoft killed

2. Microsoft has bought Xbox.ai and XboxOne.ai domains

in XboX Insiders
    Microsoft has bought Xbox.ai and XboxOne.ai domains: Microsoft Inc. Buys Xbox.ai and XboxOne.ai Domains, Signaling Commitment To AI in Gaming submitted by /u/Popular-Sympathy-696 [link] [comments]
  3. Why has Microsoft edge stopped

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why has Microsoft edge stopped: I'm on a Xbox 1 Microsoft edge stopped working today I can't search anything use my A button or even see my cursor when in the app but when I leave everything The following buttons work Y for...
  4. Microsoft carrier has lost/damaged my item while in transit how do I contact Microsoft as...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microsoft carrier has lost/damaged my item while in transit how do I contact Microsoft as...: How do I contact Microsoft where there is an issue with an item I have already sent for repair? The call back option hasn't worked all week. 4e588d15-a966-4e7a-b476-fa49a0b424d0
  5. Xbox elite 2 controller left joystick has a bump after I sent it to Microsoft to fix the...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox elite 2 controller left joystick has a bump after I sent it to Microsoft to fix the...: I sent Microsoft my Xbox Elite 2 controller for a work order to fix a problem where the left bumper click is not registering. When I received the controller, the left bumper is fixed but the left...
  6. Does anyone know if Microsoft has been looking into fixing the audio delay with dolby atmos...

in XBoX on Windows
    Does anyone know if Microsoft has been looking into fixing the audio delay with dolby atmos...: https://www.purexbox.com/news/2023/08/digital-foundry-highlights-dolby-atmos-issues-on-xbox-playground-games-engineer-responds Just curious if anyone knows whether this has actually been looked...
  7. Microsoft has taken money from my bank account without my authorisation

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microsoft has taken money from my bank account without my authorisation: Hi, I have recently noticed a lot of transactions that have been taken from my bank account through something called ‘Ultimate 1 M (via Microsoft)’. When I googled it I realised it was some type...
  8. My microsoft/Minecraft account has been hacked, and the information has been changed. I...

in XBoX Accessibility
    My microsoft/Minecraft account has been hacked, and the information has been changed. I...: I lost my account quite some time ago, and tried to make use of the form, since that day i think i must have filled in the form over 40 times. Everytime it came back with the reply you dont have...
  9. My microsoft gmail has been hacked and i can't log into anything and now its been deleted i...

in XBoX Accessibility
    My microsoft gmail has been hacked and i can't log into anything and now its been deleted i...: Please help me i can't login to play minecraft because the accounts been deleted 2815c3de-34bc-4a66-9c68-a0ab5f2f44c4
  10. I redeemed a £5 Xbox Gift card from Microsoft Rewards but it has been stuck "in process"...

in XBoX on Windows
    I redeemed a £5 Xbox Gift card from Microsoft Rewards but it has been stuck "in process"...: They are doing nothing and has been over 60 days, what else can I do now? Generic email sent as reply - no proactive contact from them otherwise. I now have 5 copies of the same email from...