Has anyone used an HDMI switch for the HDMI input?

Discus and support Has anyone used an HDMI switch for the HDMI input? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I know this is a little odd but I'd like to be able to hook up two devices to the Xbox One. I know the console would only be able to control one... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by A FATAL ERR0R, Jan 31, 2014.

1. Has anyone used an HDMI switch for the HDMI input?

I know this is a little odd but I'd like to be able to hook up two devices to the Xbox One. I know the console would only be able to control one device, I'm not concerned about that since i have a harmony remote. My main reason for this is I don't have
    cable, I have Windows Media Center with Xbox 360s as extenders. Xbox One doesn't support WMC (big disappointment) so I want to hook my 360 to the console but also have my Apple TV connected for quick Airplaying options.

I've tried a Kinevo 3x1 HDMI switch on the console. It worked but I noticed it seemed to force the console to full reboot anytime I turned the console on. There were also minor issues when I would fast forward in Media center on the Xbox 360. Has anyone
    tried this and had any success with a certain HDMI switch?

Edit: I returned the switch, it causing the Xbox One to reboot when I would turn it on was too much. The issues I had in Media Center were sound popping loudly when I'd do a 30 second skip.

:)

A FATAL ERR0R, Jan 31, 2014
  2. kernal69er
    kernal69er Guest
    HDMI splitter on XB1

do what I did

I put the HDMI switch after my A/V receiver

so HDMI from XB1 to input of A/V receiver. Output of A/V receiver to input of HDMI switch. 1st output of HDMI switch to TV, 2nd output of HDMI switch to projector. gives full audio and now you have options for either TV or projector for everything that is connected to your A/V receiver

kernal69er, Jan 31, 2014
  3. jetsafl
    jetsafl Guest
    Connecting HDMI Splitter into Xbox One HDMI Input?

I would think the answer is yes as long as the HDMI switch you have has either a manual switch for which device you want or if you have one device powered off. I think the way HDMI switches like that work is usually a remote or manual switch since it needs
    to know which input to pass to the output. The key is don't buy an HDMI splitter you want an HDMI switch.

jetsafl, Jan 31, 2014
  4. Has anyone used an HDMI switch for the HDMI input?

There is a certain swich which will remove a few issues, but honestly, it brings more issues into play. Honestly, from what I have seen, splitters seem to not work properly with the X1. If you can somehow take that out of play that would be the best option
    (which is why I am glad my tv has more than enough HDMI ports).

Karch V Amadeo, Jan 31, 2014
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema:

Has anyone used an HDMI switch for the HDMI input?