Has anyone had people messaging them impersonating law enforcement?

Discus and support Has anyone had people messaging them impersonating law enforcement? in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I had someone claiming to be a law enforcement officer message me, blocked him. Dont think it’s legitimate. But i just want to know if anyones seen... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by B424, Mar 18, 2023.

1. B424
    B424 Guest

I had someone claiming to be a law enforcement officer message me, blocked him. Dont think it’s legitimate. But i just want to know if anyones seen anything similar.

:)

2. Rostom L Win User

Hi B424!

Personally, I haven't received any message similar to what you received. But don't ever entertain those kind of messages. The Xbox Enforcement team do not message us privately. They only respond sometimes to our reports or case review via email. Simply mute, report, & block it.
  3. Smwutches Win User

Is it illegal to impersonate someones else family member who works at Microsoft or any other company

Impersonation does violate the code of conduct/terms of service. If you haven't already, you'll need to report their messages or report them via their profile in order for the enforcement team to investigate.
  4. SparkStormrider Win User

I have a question pertaining to the staff of Xbox Live

While I am no employee of MS, every bit of legit contact I have had with support outside of using the phone and calling 800 number, has been email. If you have a message from someone from xbox live, I am 99.9% sure it was fake. My suggestion would be to
    block communications with said gamertag, and then file a complaint via your console. The Policy Enforcement Team will investigate, and if someone is impersonating them, the person will get a permaban on said gamertag. MS doesn't take impersonating MS employees
    lightly.
  5. dragons claw69 Win User

Xbox live mod or not

The only people who you may see online policing the community are those with gamertags starting XBLPET. Anyone else is likely impersonating a member of the Policy Enforcement Team and is at risk of a permanent suspension of their account.
  6. SAINTROW DA 3 Win User

Xbox isn't doing their jobs at all.

I got every single message I recieved. I had people impersonating employees of games and microsoft employees. They got away freely.
Thema:

1. Has anyone had people messaging them impersonating law enforcement? - Similar Threads - Has anyone messaging

2. "We can't sign you in because your account has been suspended from Xbox Live." Can anyone...

in XBoX on Windows
    "We can't sign you in because your account has been suspended from Xbox Live." Can anyone...: Hello I recently encountered this issue, whenever I try to sign into xbox or minecraft launcher it will bring up xbox live login and when i sign in with any account it will say "We can't sign you...
  3. Has anyone come across the issue of the xbox app and xbox social in game bar just refusing...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Has anyone come across the issue of the xbox app and xbox social in game bar just refusing...: I open game bar and go to xbox social, but 10 seconds after opening xbox social I get something went wrong with this widget errors. Also the xbox app does not connect to any parties I try to start...
  4. Let’s sue Xbox? Has anyone else purchased used Xbox equipment that ended up being...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Let’s sue Xbox? Has anyone else purchased used Xbox equipment that ended up being...: Just wondering if anyone wants to get together and sue Xbox for not letting us make contact with enforcement to even begin to telll on them about our problem Yes. They won’t even let me make a...
  5. Error 0x80072ee2 0x00000000 0x00000206 has anyone tried else encountered this and did you...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Error 0x80072ee2 0x00000000 0x00000206 has anyone tried else encountered this and did you...: With the latest update on xbox one I now keep getting the error code Error 0x80072ee2 0x00000000 0x00000206 has anyone tried else encountered this and did you find a solution?...
  6. Xbox Series X on ‘Preview Omega’ beta is no longer reading 4K UHD Blu-ray; has anyone else...

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series X on ‘Preview Omega’ beta is no longer reading 4K UHD Blu-ray; has anyone else...: My Xbox played 4K-BR seamlessly before April 2024, but as of May 2024, my Xbox Series X has stopped reading all 4K UHD Blu-ray discs (BD50, BD66, BD100) - whilst all other formats (DVD, Blu-ray...
  7. Has anyone dealt with a situation in which an Xbox Series X doesn’t power on at all? Has...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Has anyone dealt with a situation in which an Xbox Series X doesn’t power on at all? Has...: My Xbox series X, after running thru all the troubleshooting fixes/suggestions, still doesn’t power on at all. Hoping there’s a solution to my issue that I maybe haven’t tried....
  8. XBOX COOLING ISNT WORKING and i dont want to spend my warranty if anyone has a fix i can do...

in XboX Insiders
    XBOX COOLING ISNT WORKING and i dont want to spend my warranty if anyone has a fix i can do...: im trying to play madden and ten minutes into playing my xbox logs out and takes me back to the home screen then the button infront of the xbox blinks i have a cooling system on it to prevent over...
  9. Has anyone successfully managed to speak to an agent

in XBoX on Consoles
    Has anyone successfully managed to speak to an agent: My Xbox X 3 months old would not update games or update console, I performed a full reset as suggested and now it will not allow account sign in. A circle appears and then it just goes back to you...
  10. Has anyone read anything regarding the wishlist bug?

in XboX Insiders
    Has anyone read anything regarding the wishlist bug?: I've been shrugged off by Microsoft support too many time about this so I'm hoping someone here might have some information regarding it. submitted by /u/Grojniar [link] [comments]