Has anyone else’s series x fan stopped working?

Discus and support Has anyone else’s series x fan stopped working? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Have a series x. The fan stopped working, replaced it and out new thermal paste on but the new fan will not spin, my x overheats and sends me to the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by OKAYdevil, Jun 19, 2023.

1. OKAYdevil
    OKAYdevil Guest

Have a series x. The fan stopped working, replaced it and out new thermal paste on but the new fan will not spin, my x overheats and sends me to the Home Screen. Don’t see any burn marks on the motherboard or disconnections. Need serious help before I throw in the towel and take it to a shop or trash it for parts. Thanks

:)

OKAYdevil, Jun 19, 2023
  2. SwordofWhedon Win User

We cannot assist with self repair
  3. LucaAvvinti Win User

Xbox Series X fan runs loud when playing Series X games

So, I recently noticed that my Xbox Series X fan runs loud when playing Series X|S / Optimised for Series X|S games specifically.

It’s quite strange as it’s dead quiet every other time, but as soon as I start a Series X|S game, the fan becomes so loud that I need to turn up the tv volume.. it’s quite distracting.

Has anyone else experienced this? Any solutions?

FYI - My Series X is a pre-order/launch day model.. and it sits in an open and well ventilated tv/entertainment stand*

In comparison, I owned an Xbox One S for three years and I never heard the fan on that.
    I’m having the exact same problem now. The only time my Xbox sounds loud is when running series x enhanced games, it’s completely fine on old gen games. Have you had this issue fixed or is it still a problem now?
  4. Just a Volunteer Win User

Xbox Series X Fan stopped working

Any sort of grinding noise is not a good sign. Arrange a repair or replacement.

I had to replace a Series X that had a grinding disc drive just 6 months after I purchased it.
  5. Rostom L Win User

Xbox Series X Fan stopped working

Hi there!

Sorry to hear about what happened. It seems to be a mechanical issue. Probably there are dusts stuck on your fan that needs cleaning. You could try to use a vacuum blower to blow off the dusts slowly.

If that didn't work, you may check your repair options here https://support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/...
  6. Trenton Gallagher Win User

Is anyone else’s Xbox series X fan loud?

This is the result of dust getting on the fan blades which usually causes the fan to get loud.
Thema:

1. Has anyone else’s series x fan stopped working? - Similar Threads - Has anyone else’s

2. Let’s sue Xbox? Has anyone else purchased used Xbox equipment that ended up being...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Let’s sue Xbox? Has anyone else purchased used Xbox equipment that ended up being...: Just wondering if anyone wants to get together and sue Xbox for not letting us make contact with enforcement to even begin to telll on them about our problem Yes. They won’t even let me make a...
  3. Error 0x80072ee2 0x00000000 0x00000206 has anyone tried else encountered this and did you...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Error 0x80072ee2 0x00000000 0x00000206 has anyone tried else encountered this and did you...: With the latest update on xbox one I now keep getting the error code Error 0x80072ee2 0x00000000 0x00000206 has anyone tried else encountered this and did you find a solution?...
  4. Xbox Series X on ‘Preview Omega’ beta is no longer reading 4K UHD Blu-ray; has anyone else...

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series X on ‘Preview Omega’ beta is no longer reading 4K UHD Blu-ray; has anyone else...: My Xbox played 4K-BR seamlessly before April 2024, but as of May 2024, my Xbox Series X has stopped reading all 4K UHD Blu-ray discs (BD50, BD66, BD100) - whilst all other formats (DVD, Blu-ray...
  5. Has anyone else's XBOX Elite Controller Series 2 not working?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Has anyone else's XBOX Elite Controller Series 2 not working?: I have a Xbox series x and about a month ago, my Xbox elite controller series 2 is no longer configurable. I can no longer access the custom settings I made for various games and when I try to...
  6. Has anyone else not got support or had their Xbox x series stop installing games and...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Has anyone else not got support or had their Xbox x series stop installing games and...: Please reply as I am interested how many Xbox people have given up as my Xbox x series will not work. What a joke the support is also. Don’t miss your 1 call a week or you will wait for a week to...
  7. has anyone else had download issues everything they've updated the console on Xbox one.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    has anyone else had download issues everything they've updated the console on Xbox one.: so in short after the last 3 updates the same exact issues comes back. I put a game on for download and it starts but the mps goes down until it hits 0. is it a bug with updates or just cause it's...
  8. Has anyone else got problems with the Xbox App on their Samsung TV?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Has anyone else got problems with the Xbox App on their Samsung TV?: It looks like there has been a major refresh/update on the Xbox cloud gaming App, and it's affected the ability to select the 'play' game button. It's a shame, as the new features look great,...
  9. Has anyone else used game pass points to purchase one month game pass and it just disappeared?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Has anyone else used game pass points to purchase one month game pass and it just disappeared?: I've been using points to auto redeem the subscription but after 12 days my subscription has gone and it's also gone from the redeem rewards b6f1575b-67ce-404e-ae61-29671d7e81cf
  10. Has anyone else experienced issues while gaming or streaming media where the video output...

in XBoX on Windows
    Has anyone else experienced issues while gaming or streaming media where the video output...: For additional context, I am using the Xbox Series X and my TV is a LG C1. Both have their most recent system updates. Apologies for the poor quality, but see image below for how the display...