Has anybody figured out how to fix the file corruption error when installing call of duty?

Discus and support Has anybody figured out how to fix the file corruption error when installing call of duty? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; After trying to update the game it was saying the file was corrupt then after deleting it and reinstalling also purchasing a different version i still... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Dj Leflare, Sep 16, 2023.

1. Dj Leflare
    Dj Leflare Guest

Has anybody figured out how to fix the file corruption error when installing call of duty?

After trying to update the game it was saying the file was corrupt then after deleting it and reinstalling also purchasing a different version i still am unable to reinstall the game on my Xbox One. i have contacted support from xbox which only took me through trouble shooting and no response from activision yet. Wanted to know if the fix has been found for this issue as i seen others have went through this as well.

:)

Dj Leflare, Sep 16, 2023
  2. CarTzy Win User

Hello Dj Leflare,

Thank you for posting in the Microsoft Community.

I'm sorry to hear that you are having trouble reinstalling the game on your Xbox One. This sounds like a frustrating issue and I appreciate your patience.

To better assist you, I would like to ask you some probing questions:

- When did you first encounter this issue?

- Have you tried to reinstall the game on a different console or storage device?

- Do you have enough free space on your console or storage device to reinstall the game?

- Do you get any error messages or codes when you try to reinstall the game?

Meanwhile, please try the following steps to troubleshoot the problem:

- Make sure your Xbox One is connected to a stable internet connection and has enough storage space for the game.

- Power cycle your console by holding the Xbox button on the front of the console for 10 seconds, then unplugging the power cord for 30 seconds, then plugging it back in and turning on the console.

- Clear the local saved games cache by going to Settings > System > Storage > Clear local saved games. This will not delete any of your saved data in the cloud, but it may help with the installation process.

- Delete any previous versions of Call of Duty from your console and reinstall the latest version from the Microsoft Store or from a disc.

- If none of these steps work, it would be more beneficial if we seek assistance from Activision. Since you already open a ticket with them, kindly wait for an update.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you and we appreciate your patience and understanding.

Please let us know if you have any other questions or concerns. Thank you for choosing Xbox.
  3. CarTzy Win User

Hello!

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we assume your issue has been resolved. We won't be monitoring this thread going forward, so if you need further assistance, please create a new thread to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Microsoft Community.

[​IMG]

Thank you for understanding.
  4. ExplicitPhoenix Win User

Download and Installing Games error code 0x87E00005

I have figured out my issue!

My ISP is using a cache to store the install file, it was corrupted so every time it tried to download, it would fail. I figured it out by connecting to my phone's hotspot and it started installing fine. It led me to call my ISP and when they turned the
    cache off, it is downloading perfectly.

This was related to an error code

0x87e00005

So, if you have an issue installing a game and have tried all of the other steps. Call your ISP tech support. Ask them if they're using a cache box to help with downloading. Have them either turn it off, or delete the current cache of the game you're trying
    to get because it's corrupted.
  5. Jesse E' Win User

random dev error 6068 when playing warzone problem event name D3DDRED2

Hello, My name is Jesse. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

There are a number of proven solutions to fix Warzone Dev Error 6068. Check out below and see which one can help fix the problem

- Install updates.

As mentioned above, keeping your software and games updated may help fix things. The following are things that you should check for updates:

-games

-Windows OS

-drivers

- Modify VideoMemoryScale option.

-Open up your File Explorer.

-Go to Documents\Call of Duty Modern Warfare\players

-Open adv_options.ini file using Notepad.

-Find the line that says VideoMemoryScale and change the value to 0.5.

- Force the game to re-update.

-Close Call of Duty Warzone game if you have it running.

-Browse to your main Call of Duty Modern Warfare installation folder. The default is usually located in C:\Program Files (x86) but it can be different if you have a different installation path.

-Once you’ve found the Call of Duty Modern Warfare folder, open it.

–Delete all files within the folder except Blizzardbrowser, Data, and Main.

-Restart the game by launching it from a Battle.net client.

-Once you get the error saying that the game is corrupt, proceed with the update option.

Credit - Droidguy
  6. narde15 Win User

Black Screen when booting game.

Im having the exact same problem with Deus Ex... has anybody figured out how to fix this yet?
Thema:

1. Has anybody figured out how to fix the file corruption error when installing call of duty? - Similar Threads - Has anybody figured

2. Xbox Design Lab Controller has Stick Drift out of the box.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Design Lab Controller has Stick Drift out of the box.: Ordered a controller with a customized shell through Design Lab to play games on PC a few weeks ago, and it arrived with the right stick having bad drift at all times. Warranty is still up and I...
  3. "We can't sign you in because your account has been suspended from Xbox Live." Can anyone...

in XBoX on Windows
    "We can't sign you in because your account has been suspended from Xbox Live." Can anyone...: Hello I recently encountered this issue, whenever I try to sign into xbox or minecraft launcher it will bring up xbox live login and when i sign in with any account it will say "We can't sign you...
  4. my Xbox series called, has turned off for no reason

in XBoX on Consoles
    my Xbox series called, has turned off for no reason: My Xbox series was turned off for no reason out of the blue and I have no clue why I’ve done everything I can to resolve the issue. Nothing works. I’ve had the same issue with the power supply...
  5. I plugged my tv into a LG tv at my hotel and I can’t change the volume of the tv/xbox , has...

in XboX Insiders
    I plugged my tv into a LG tv at my hotel and I can’t change the volume of the tv/xbox , has...: I’ve looked everywhere and couldn’t find a fix submitted by /u/TopKey8708 [link] [comments]
  6. Is there anyway to get a console unbanned when it has been banned for no reason

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is there anyway to get a console unbanned when it has been banned for no reason: I have recently tried to play Xbox online and have been banned for nothing and was just wondering if Xbox was a waste of time and money if I can just be wrongfully banned out of nowhere with no...
  7. Xbox 360 turning off and saying it has bad ventilation

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 turning off and saying it has bad ventilation: I tried to clean it out of dust and I have also moved it to an open place in my room to give it no blocked ventilation and a space that isnt confined but still after 10 mins it says that my Xbox...
  8. It says that it has a perfect internet connection but it doesn't work

in XBoX on Consoles
    It says that it has a perfect internet connection but it doesn't work: For a few days I've wanted to download Fallout 4 on my Xbox so I went and turned on my Xbox to get on the Microsoft store but when I turned it on it acted like there was no internet even though...
  9. Has anybody else had issues with their series x not recognizing disc?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Has anybody else had issues with their series x not recognizing disc?: About 3 or 4 months ago I purchased a regular DVD movie from Redbox, put it in my console to watch it and nothing. I have the DVD app on it and everything. It don't show that theirs a disc in it...
  10. Has anybody ever had game traffic being sent to Ireland. Microsoft Limited great Britain.....

in XBoX on Consoles
    Has anybody ever had game traffic being sent to Ireland. Microsoft Limited great Britain.....: I have traffic sent to Europe from Canada any help would be appreciated 700a8b02-df9e-4810-8ae5-b18fe364cf6d