Has anybody else had issues with their series x not recognizing disc?

Discus and support Has anybody else had issues with their series x not recognizing disc? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; About 3 or 4 months ago I purchased a regular DVD movie from Redbox, put it in my console to watch it and nothing. I have the DVD app on it and... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Draxxan, Aug 8, 2023.

1. Draxxan
    Draxxan Guest

About 3 or 4 months ago I purchased a regular DVD movie from Redbox, put it in my console to watch it and nothing. I have the DVD app on it and everything. It don't show that theirs a disc in it at all. So I tried a non Redbox movie and the same thing happened. Music CDs are the same way. Now I just purchased a game and the only way I can get it to work is a restart. Any help would be appreciated.

:)

Draxxan, Aug 8, 2023
  2. Draxxan Win User

Well I tried the power mode solution as instructed, even though my console was already set to energy saver mode. It didn't work for DVDs. I have the latest update, which I'd like better if you could customize it. I've reset my profile, reset my console making sure to save my saves and apps. I've even had it sent in to have it looked at by an Xbox service tech only to have it returned no service required. I even called tech support but they wasn't able to help. If anybody can think of anything else I'm all ears.
  3. FernandoCarvalhoPV Win User

Hello, my name is Fernando, an independent consultant. Hope you are doing great. I will be more than happy to help you with your query today. Try these procedures: The instant power mode setting makes the console unable to read the disc, so here it is suggested that you change the power mode and turn the console off and on.

Follow the steps to do this:

On the console > press, Xbox button > to open the guide.
    Now go to System > Settings
    Choose Power & Startup > Power & Startup Mode
    And in the Startup and Startup Mode window > click on Power Saver button.
    Then press the Xbox search button for 10 seconds to perform a hard power cycle. And when the console shuts down completely > press the search Xbox button to restart it.
    And insert the disk again > wait for a few seconds and check if the disk not reading search Xbox is resolved or not, or else go to the next solution. Procedure 2: Most of the time, an older software version on your console can also cause these issues. So in case you have not downloaded the latest version then you might have this issue. Therefore, it is suggested to use the latest version of console software available to avoid this error issue.

Below are the steps to update the console: To perform the software update procedure, please make sure that your search Xbox One is connected to the internet. After that, launch the user guide by pressing the Xbox search button on the controller and go to Profile and system. Then follow the steps to install the update:

Now, go to Settings in your Xbox search.
    Then select the System option.
    Here, check if there are any updates available. If found, download the update and install. Once installed, restart your Xbox console. Hope I helped, see you soon!
  4. mrstupops Win User

MODERN WARFARE 2 DISC NOT READING

I had three discs from different stores..

My brother had the same issue.

The last disc (which wouldn't read on my One X or my original Xbox one) works perfectly fine on my Series X.

It's not a faulty disc.

It's older drives and cross gen games.

My One X played everything else perfectly.

It's an issue with these cross gen x/s discs..

Nothing you can say is going to convince me otherwise..
  5. Dizzintut Win User

2 years and they haven't fixed this!!??

All I know is that the only console I own that has this problem is my Xbox Series X. I have no other issues with anything else. My phone, my roku, my ps5, my switch. Everything else connects to my network just fine. This is a problem the Xbox Series X has had since it came out.
  6. Tezzerrific Win User

MW2 crossgen bubdle

series x has disc drive and the series s does not

smart delivery is so it downloads the content for the specific console

hence why the game case has series x and xbox one advertised on it. the disc can be used in series x and xbox one consoles, the series s does not have a drive therefore requires digital purchase.
Thema:

1. Has anybody else had issues with their series x not recognizing disc? - Similar Threads - Has anybody else

2. Xbox Design Lab Controller has Stick Drift out of the box.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Design Lab Controller has Stick Drift out of the box.: Ordered a controller with a customized shell through Design Lab to play games on PC a few weeks ago, and it arrived with the right stick having bad drift at all times. Warranty is still up and I...
  3. "We can't sign you in because your account has been suspended from Xbox Live." Can anyone...

in XBoX on Windows
    "We can't sign you in because your account has been suspended from Xbox Live." Can anyone...: Hello I recently encountered this issue, whenever I try to sign into xbox or minecraft launcher it will bring up xbox live login and when i sign in with any account it will say "We can't sign you...
  4. my Xbox series called, has turned off for no reason

in XBoX on Consoles
    my Xbox series called, has turned off for no reason: My Xbox series was turned off for no reason out of the blue and I have no clue why I’ve done everything I can to resolve the issue. Nothing works. I’ve had the same issue with the power supply...
  5. I plugged my tv into a LG tv at my hotel and I can’t change the volume of the tv/xbox , has...

in XboX Insiders
    I plugged my tv into a LG tv at my hotel and I can’t change the volume of the tv/xbox , has...: I’ve looked everywhere and couldn’t find a fix submitted by /u/TopKey8708 [link] [comments]
  6. Is there anyway to get a console unbanned when it has been banned for no reason

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is there anyway to get a console unbanned when it has been banned for no reason: I have recently tried to play Xbox online and have been banned for nothing and was just wondering if Xbox was a waste of time and money if I can just be wrongfully banned out of nowhere with no...
  7. Xbox 360 turning off and saying it has bad ventilation

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 turning off and saying it has bad ventilation: I tried to clean it out of dust and I have also moved it to an open place in my room to give it no blocked ventilation and a space that isnt confined but still after 10 mins it says that my Xbox...
  8. It says that it has a perfect internet connection but it doesn't work

in XBoX on Consoles
    It says that it has a perfect internet connection but it doesn't work: For a few days I've wanted to download Fallout 4 on my Xbox so I went and turned on my Xbox to get on the Microsoft store but when I turned it on it acted like there was no internet even though...
  9. Has anybody figured out how to fix the file corruption error when installing call of duty?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Has anybody figured out how to fix the file corruption error when installing call of duty?: After trying to update the game it was saying the file was corrupt then after deleting it and reinstalling also purchasing a different version i still am unable to reinstall the game on my Xbox...
  10. Has anybody ever had game traffic being sent to Ireland. Microsoft Limited great Britain.....

in XBoX on Consoles
    Has anybody ever had game traffic being sent to Ireland. Microsoft Limited great Britain.....: I have traffic sent to Europe from Canada any help would be appreciated 700a8b02-df9e-4810-8ae5-b18fe364cf6d