Hard reset a 4gb Xbox 360s with no HDD

Discus and support Hard reset a 4gb Xbox 360s with no HDD in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I'd like to hard reset an Xbox 360 S with no hard drive and 4 GB of internal memory. I am finding plenty of information about formatting the hard drive... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by ArbitraryPoppy3, Oct 20, 2014.

1. Hard reset a 4gb Xbox 360s with no HDD

I'd like to hard reset an Xbox 360 S with no hard drive and 4 GB of internal memory. I am finding plenty of information about formatting the hard drive to remove all of the data but not about cleaning up the internal memory. I have done a system setting
    erase or format of the internal memory but I'm still finding a few items that are unique to our ownership of this Xbox that I would like to have removed before we traded in on a newer unit. It is still showing the name of the computer it was linked to and
    it is still showing the parental control security questions that were unique to us. Is there any possible way to completely wipe this unit cleaned before trading it in? Thank You

:)

ArbitraryPoppy3, Oct 20, 2014
  2. HAVI-Briza
    HAVI-Briza Guest
    Xbox 360 4gb Slim with additional 320gb slim hdd

I have console - new.. xbox 360s 4gb.. than I bought hdd for xbox slim with capacity 320GB. regular xbox packaging.. no WD, seagate etc.. so its Xbox drive..

Hdd from console (bundle) have no FAT32.. but this "single hdd" have it on it when I connect it in PC..

HAVI-Briza, Oct 20, 2014
  3. Frogzer
    Frogzer Guest
    Downloads very slow!

I am speculating maybe a HDD problem since its only slow when downloading something to the HDD. I am using the the 4gb Xbox 360 Slim with my old Xbox 360s 250gb HDD inside.

Frogzer, Oct 20, 2014
  4. xTye Win User

Forced to buy hard drive to play Battlefield 4

Adding to the 4GB console advertised as an HDD: This is 100% false. I purchased my 4GB Xbox 360 S in 2012. It said "4GB" on the box. Nowhere did it list a hard drive or state the 4GB was an HDD.
  5. Bazajaytee Win User

Halo 4 Recording Videos Hard Drive

I guess you have an internal hard drive in your Xbox 360 and not the 4GB flash storage or an external HDD plugged in by USB?
  6. Mister Fitzer Win User

Somehow it still will not work...

[quote user="fatlesswheat18"]

I am currently using a Xbox 360 Slim 4GB, brand new from Gamestop, but have bought a 60GB HDD for it.

[/quote]
    There only HDD available for the Xbox 360 S is the 250 GB hard drive.
  7. IceStorm III Win User

Xbox slim 4GB not an HDD

[quote user="LEDEMA"]the 4GB hard drive only registers as a memory unit instead of a Xbox HDD.[/quote]Correct. The 4GB on a 360 S or 360 E is an internal, non-removable USB memory unit mounted to a USB header on the motherboard.
    Any suggestions?
    The
    HDD trap door on the console can be opened to reveal an empty hole where a HDD can be added. Accessory HDDs are available in 250GB and 320GB capacities.
  8. Smwutches Win User

Console can't play a game

Does the console have a HDD? If it's a 4GB console, that is internal flash memory and not a HDD.

Some 360 games require a 360 HDD and backwards compatible games require a hard drive in order to play due to the system files on the drive.
Thema:

Hard reset a 4gb Xbox 360s with no HDD

1. Hard reset a 4gb Xbox 360s with no HDD - Similar Threads - Hard reset 4gb

2. Hi all I have tried the hard reset but it does not seem to work what can I do next ?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hi all I have tried the hard reset but it does not seem to work what can I do next ?: Having the same problem on xbox one s tried the hard reset but it does not work , what can I do next please ? 266ff8cb-3690-4824-b65f-2dbc96453265
  3. Xbox wireless headset randomly turned off and won't turn back on. I tried doing hard reset...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox wireless headset randomly turned off and won't turn back on. I tried doing hard reset...: Xbox wireless headset won't turn on . No lights . Nothing. It just randomly quit working outta nowhere. I tried hard reset , plugging into Xbox, plugging into the wall. Nothing ! It's not my...
  4. Xbox Series X wont hard reset or go into low resolution mode

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series X wont hard reset or go into low resolution mode: I have switched hdmi cords, everything. Console still won't get recognized by the TV. Troubleshoot on the TV(Samsung Smart TV) and says it's an issue with the hdmi cords, but I've even used the...
  5. Why aren’t my use ports working I cleaned them and did a soft and hard reset but did not...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why aren’t my use ports working I cleaned them and did a soft and hard reset but did not...: I tryed everything to fix my usb ports but nothing worked I cleaned them I checked them every thing but nothing 04cb3d6b-b2fd-4350-8adf-dfbad7c06c6a
  6. My Xbox one is stuck on green screen. I tried hard reset and it's still not working

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox one is stuck on green screen. I tried hard reset and it's still not working: Green screen of death on Xbox one 9a566f76-64fe-4f84-bffc-ca4e9b615cc2
  7. So I logged into my xbox today and everything had hard reset Is there any way I can fix it?

in XBoX on Consoles
    So I logged into my xbox today and everything had hard reset Is there any way I can fix it?: I turned it off yesterday after playing rocket league using the controller but when I turned it on today all my accounts and games everything had disappeared and i dont know how do I fix it I mean...
  8. Reset Xbox with hard drive plugged in

in XBoX on Consoles
    Reset Xbox with hard drive plugged in: Hi I’ve reset my Xbox with my hard drive plugged in will I loose all my saved files on my Xbox ? 94715743-5f7c-43d4-b1e8-1d0783fbb678
  9. if i hard reset will i get all my gems i bought back or are they gone for good

in XBoX Games and Apps
    if i hard reset will i get all my gems i bought back or are they gone for good: i bought a bunch of gemms but put them into the wrong artifact by mistake if i hard reset will all my previous puchases be restored or do i lose them for good the game im playing is dps idle...
  10. Xbox was fine last night now it’s white screen I’ve factory reset hard reset everything...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox was fine last night now it’s white screen I’ve factory reset hard reset everything...: My Xbox was fine yesterday went to sign in white screen I’ve reset removed account factory reset reset and keep game apps they won’t even call me I hate Xbox 733e7feb-e68c-4075-a77b-df03c1bd8e69