Hard re set carried out and now we can't get back into account as email address is unknown!

Discus and support Hard re set carried out and now we can't get back into account as email address is unknown! in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Where do I start... My son is a Fornite player. The game was really badly lagging so we did a hard reset and selected the option to keep games etc.... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by KellyWatson1, Apr 26, 2019.

1. KellyWatson1
    KellyWatson1 Guest

Hard re set carried out and now we can't get back into account as email address is unknown!

Where do I start... My son is a Fornite player. The game was really badly lagging so we did a hard reset and selected the option to keep games etc. However, when we've come to logging back in, the person who set up the account (my sons father) can't seem
    to remember the email address used! So we have the username and password but not the email address. We've left the console with a Techy kind of shop and he's tried everything he knows and can't get us in. Anyone got any ideas at all as my son hasn't been able
    to play on his full account since the beginning of April now and it's driving him mad! Many Thanks.

:)

KellyWatson1, Apr 26, 2019
  2. XBF Leslie D Win User

Hi Kelly,

Thanks for getting back to us. If you've already gone through the link:
    https://support.xbox.com/my-account/microsoft-account/forgot-microsoft-account-solution
    suggested above by
    Onyx Is Here and if none of these solutions worked for you, contact Xbox Support by following these steps:

1. Sign in at xbox.com.
    2. Select Contact Us.
    3. Choose your category. (In this case ,Billing & accounts)
    4. Select "See other options" when presented the virtual agent.
    5. Pick a topic. ( In this case, I'd go with How to protect my account)
    6. Next choose 'show contact options' (on my end for this topic it shows option to request a callback, chat support, and our forum option)
    7. Best option next is to select to Request a call from Support.

Those steps will get you to a real person who can assist you further. Hope this helps and please let us know if they have!
  3. KellyWatson1 Win User

Thanks. I need to physically speak or at least a human via online chat however, the 'contact us' option only allows me to speak with an automated agent- even if I ask to speak to a person (which they state is an option), it seems to find a way of blocking
    me from accessing this option- i.e. the problem I have doesn't warrant speaking with someone. Any advice please?
  4. KellyWatson1 Win User

Thanks. I need to physically speak or at least a human via online chat however, the 'contact us' option only allows me to speak with an automated agent- even if I ask to speak to a person (which they state is an option), it seems to find a way of blocking
    me from accessing this option- i.e. the problem I have doesn't warrant speaking with someone. Any advice please?
  5. Onyx Is Here Win User

6. SilentParasite Win User

Your best bet would be to contact Xbox Support : https://support.xbox.com
Thema:

1. Hard re set carried out and now we can't get back into account as email address is unknown! - Similar Threads - Hard set carried

2. My MSFS2020 is downloaded to a hard drive, and a new update was set to download to the...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My MSFS2020 is downloaded to a hard drive, and a new update was set to download to the...: The previous update downloaded fine when it was on the hard drive so could the drive also be out of space? 1025db80-ee6b-4800-b57d-0f00ec8c43d5
  3. Why can’t I open my settings even after hard resetting multiple times and why does my Xbox...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why can’t I open my settings even after hard resetting multiple times and why does my Xbox...: When I turn my Xbox on most times it just stays on the green loading screen for hours and when it does work it freezes within 10 minutes of just in the menu I can’t even play a single game for up...
  4. Xbox series S wont connect to wireless network after power reset/hard reset/ setting changes

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series S wont connect to wireless network after power reset/hard reset/ setting changes: nothing has worked for no specific reason besides ethernet which isn’t available for me and i tried hard resetting it but the issue came back a day later and it is persisting on not letting me...
  5. How to set up an external hard drive to store games!

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to set up an external hard drive to store games!: Hello! I got a 8T hard drive with a USB 3.0 cord and i hooked it up to my xbox one and it notices it but when i go to storage management it states that the external hard drive only stores...
  6. hi. i set up a new hard drive on my xbox on x and when i wnat updtae it offline stop on...

in XBoX on Consoles
    hi. i set up a new hard drive on my xbox on x and when i wnat updtae it offline stop on...: hi. i set up a new hard drive on my xbox on x and when i wnat updtae it offline stop on step two and eror 100 what should i do? 59ac2901-f844-49e4-ada3-f5bc95bac757
  7. Dont get the option to set a XboxGames folder for second hard drive.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Dont get the option to set a XboxGames folder for second hard drive.: I have my C: drive set to a folder called XGames as the installation folder but when i try to set one for my D: drive it does not show a prompt to, Can anyone help? [img] [img] I have tried...
  8. How to fix external hard drive error 0x80bd003c when trying to set as capture location.

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to fix external hard drive error 0x80bd003c when trying to set as capture location.: I recently bought a Seagate Firecuda gaming hub and was attempting to use it as a capture location but it was not working correctly. I saw a few other posts on this issue but none of them were...
  9. Why is it so hard to set Fortnite up on Xbox?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why is it so hard to set Fortnite up on Xbox?: Having real issues getting Fortnite on Xbox series x. My son had Xbox for his recent 9th birthday. Epic games have been extremely helpful but they suggested contact yourselves. My son can’t speak...
  10. Xbox 360 won't set up like new device after formatting hard drive?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 won't set up like new device after formatting hard drive?: Normally when your format your hard drive and memory unit it allows you to set-up your xbox 360 like a new xbox 360.... but mine just said it was done and returned to the storage menu in the...