hard drive wiped after update (xbox preview dashboard problem)

Discus and support hard drive wiped after update (xbox preview dashboard problem) in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Reverted back to the original dashboard, from the xbox preview version...installed a 2GB "update" Console reboots after update as usual. I come back... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by A ROGUE ASIAN, Oct 19, 2015.

1. hard drive wiped after update (xbox preview dashboard problem)

Reverted back to the original dashboard, from the xbox preview version...installed a 2GB "update"

Console reboots after update as usual. I come back to the dashboard to find my whole hard drive wiped/formatted after the update

I now have to re-install all of my games, apps and DLC. Bear in mind the hard drive was 95% full.

Someone explain to me why and what has happened, what can be done about it please?!

:)

A ROGUE ASIAN, Oct 19, 2015
  2. soright34
    soright34 Guest
    Games not loading

Well I formatted the external hard drive, its wiped clean. I installed Banjo Tooie and it wouldn't start. I wonder if this is a bad hard drive or a buggy dashboard. (I am in the preview program) I'd hate to buy a new drive only to have it not work

soright34, Oct 19, 2015
  3. snakegtpr66
    snakegtpr66 Guest
    Xbox One light constantly flashing on console after turning off

I have same problem here after the last xbox preview dashboard update.

snakegtpr66, Oct 19, 2015
  4. hard drive wiped after update (xbox preview dashboard problem)

Hey there fellow gamer is it the internal hard drive or external hard drive that was wiped? If it was the consoles hard drive that was said to happen you resetting the console to when it came out of the box, if its an external your supposed to unplug it
    before factory resetting your console.

SilentGamer895, Oct 19, 2015
  5. ngocphi
    ngocphi Guest
    Well that and the preview app did telm you that you had tobackup all your data and factory reset and jt would format your drive

ngocphi, Oct 21, 2015
  6. GODtheSniper
    GODtheSniper Guest
    It was told to you in the Preview App that you need to back-up anything before downgrading, because downgrading will factory reset your console!

GODtheSniper, Oct 31, 2018
  7. GODtheSniper Win User

It was told to you in the Preview App that you need to back-up anything before downgrading, because downgrading will factory reset your console!
  8. ngocphi Win User

Well that and the preview app did telm you that you had tobackup all your data and factory reset and jt would format your drive
  9. SilentGamer895 Win User

Hey there fellow gamer is it the internal hard drive or external hard drive that was wiped? If it was the consoles hard drive that was said to happen you resetting the console to when it came out of the box, if its an external your supposed to unplug it
    before factory resetting your console.
  10. J.Black-919 Win User

Destiny 1 stuck in trial mode

After unenrolling from the preview dashboard, wiping the console, and installing the latest public update....the game still doesn't work. Sigh
  11. gds1972 Win User

I accidentally un enrolled from NXE and I really don't want to. It's still pending but how do I cancel it?

Unfortunately there is no way to stop this once you have sent the request. Please be aware this will wipe all of the content on your internal hard drive.

Once the console has rolled back you can re download the Xbox Preview Dashboard app and re enrol the console in the program.
Thema:

1. hard drive wiped after update (xbox preview dashboard problem) - Similar Threads - hard drive wiped

2. If my xbox one hard drive dies, and I decide not to replace it but get a new console, will...

in XBoX on Windows
    If my xbox one hard drive dies, and I decide not to replace it but get a new console, will...: If my Xbox One hard drive dies, and I decide not to replace it but get a new console, will old games still be saved from where I was up to? And will my digital games(no disk) still download?...
  3. How do you get game files off a xbox 360s internal hard drive with the ring of death

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do you get game files off a xbox 360s internal hard drive with the ring of death: I have an Xbox 360/s that's been to the repair shop for the ring of death and was told that it is a temporary fix. It has an internal hard drive and I would like to get the saved game files off of...
  4. Will all the data on my hard drive get wiped out when I factory reset my Xbox one s

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Will all the data on my hard drive get wiped out when I factory reset my Xbox one s: I plan to soon get a next gen Xbox and I will need to factory reset my old Xbox one s however i have a hard drive attached to it and if I factory reset my Xbox will all data from the hard drive...
  5. Wipe hard drive on "dead" Xbox

in XBoX on Consoles
    Wipe hard drive on "dead" Xbox: Hi folks, My Xbox One has decided to give up on me. I've had the issue with the Xbox "chime" on power up, but immediately powers down. I've tried all of the troubleshooting steps, along with...
  6. How do I wipe my XBOX 360 hard drive

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I wipe my XBOX 360 hard drive: I like to trade in my xbox 360 but like to delete the hard drive with my information how do I go about it. 5fd3ef5a-7d19-4ce1-bbe6-809796ba076d
  7. Does Xbox One "Factory Reset Default" feature wipe hard drive?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Does Xbox One "Factory Reset Default" feature wipe hard drive?: Does anyone know if the Xbox One "Factory Reset Default" feature wipes the hard drive? Or does it just reformat the hard drive. I am selling and want to know if I should pull drive and do...
  8. XBox One Hard Drive Wipe

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBox One Hard Drive Wipe: Good afternoon everyone! I just sent my XBox off for repair today because I have been having issues with my controller randomly not syncing with my XBox and frankly, for the price, it needs to...
  9. How to wipe a Xbox One Hard Drive and Start Fresh?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to wipe a Xbox One Hard Drive and Start Fresh?: Hey guys, I am about to buy used Xbox One from someone I know and wanted to know how to or if I can wipe everything from the hard drive and start fresh with my gamer tag? Also, will the one year...
  10. Hard drive wipe.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hard drive wipe.: So my Xbox one got system failure, E303. So now I have to take it back to my retailer to get a replacement or refund so how do I wipe my Xbox one hard drive to remove my profile and all my...