hard drive not unformatted

Discus and support hard drive not unformatted in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; yesterday, i was playing games then when i turned it off the next morning my hard drive is not working, i realy need help right away because i have... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by gangam style 16, Nov 20, 2016.

1. hard drive not unformatted

yesterday, i was playing games then when i turned it off the next morning my hard drive is not working, i realy need help right away because i have about 20 games on my hard drive

:)

gangam style 16, Nov 20, 2016
  2. EggsBoxJuan
    EggsBoxJuan Guest
    Xbox 360 Elite Hard Drive error?

Hi, as the hard drive is showing as unformatted there's little you can do but try to format it. The hard drive may not format or format but then become unformatted again which would indicate a major problem with the hard drive.

EggsBoxJuan, Nov 20, 2016
  3. cstruck32
    cstruck32 Guest
    Format Hard Drive

I'm having issues formatting my hard drive for the xbox 360S. Hard drive keeps showing up "unformatted" so I format the hard drive and nothing happens, Xbox keeps saying that it is unformatted. Any solutions to this problem??

cstruck32, Nov 20, 2016
  4. hard drive not unformatted

i spelled the title wrong, it's supposed to say hard drive not formatted

gangam style 16, Nov 20, 2016
  5. EggsBoxJuan Win User

Xbox 360 Elite Hard Drive error?

Hi, as the hard drive is showing as unformatted there's little you can do but try to format it. The hard drive may not format or format but then become unformatted again which would indicate a major problem with the hard drive.
  6. Instinct Kreate Win User

My Hard-Drive is "Unformatted?"

Edit: Xbox hard-drive is unformatted
  7. Mister Cerb Win User

brak połonczenia z xbox live [Translation: No xbox live połonczenia]

Hey there Fir! Are you saying that your hard drive is unformatted? When you go to System, then Storage does your Hard Drive read as unformatted? I'm trying to make sure I understand the situation.
  8. HassanB Win User

Unformatted hdd

Once a hard drive is coming up as "unformatted" that means that the Xbox 360 can no longer read the data that's on that hard drive.

You can try to remove the hard drive and place it back in the console and see if it makes any sort of difference. If it doesn't then that means that the data is already gone as there's no way to read data that's coming up are "unformatted" on a hard drive.

You'd need to format that hard drive in order for it to be readable again. If this happens again, it's likely an issue with the hard drive and it would need to be replaced.
  9. Iwan Dawson Win User

Update Failed PLEASE HELP! 3F4B Error Code

My hard-drive is in the console and i can access all the games files and apps etc. But as you said it says their is no hard-drive in the console. I dont think it says Unformatted anywhere when i go into Settings>System>Storage i cant find where is says Formatted/Unformatted
    it so im guessing it isnt unformatted.
Thema:

hard drive not unformatted

1. hard drive not unformatted - Similar Threads - hard drive unformatted

2. External hard drive is confusing.

in XBoX on Consoles
    External hard drive is confusing.: So this is my first post on here and frankly I'm confused. My external hard drive isn't that old but from the very beginning of owning it, it's been weird with actually connecting to my Xbox...
  3. Hard drive space reduced after game reinstallation compared with original installation

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hard drive space reduced after game reinstallation compared with original installation: I installed two games originally, MS Flight Simulator and the last game was Starfield. My free hard drive space was around 800 GB. I reinstalled both games and the free hard drive space was around...
  4. Not being able to play games on external hard drive

in XBoX on Windows
    Not being able to play games on external hard drive: Why can’t I play games on my external hard rice fa80c9e6-2a62-4a8b-93ef-811c874bbf99
  5. My seagate hard drive for my Xbox not lighting up

in XBoX on Consoles
    My seagate hard drive for my Xbox not lighting up: My hard drive isn't lighting up, it was fine the other day and it stopped working how can I fix this issue ? My hard drive is only 2 years old it's in good condition I don't why it stopped working...
  6. Is it possible to upgrade my hard drive on my xbox one x to ssd

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is it possible to upgrade my hard drive on my xbox one x to ssd: I have an Xbox One X which has a hard drive that has failed. I was wondering if I could upgrade it to an ssd as I tried going to repair shops and they are charging more than $200....
  7. My seagate hard drive wont let me play sreies x optimised games.

in XBoX on Windows
    My seagate hard drive wont let me play sreies x optimised games.: As stated in title my seagate hard drive, (1tb black brick with a green led light) wont let me play series x optismised games anymore. As the internal hard drive is really small this hard drive...
  8. Hard drive slows down Xbox

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hard drive slows down Xbox: When hard drive is plugged in the Xbox runs slow and no games will load. I’ve formatted the drive and changed the wire. still no change . What can I do? c033bd53-b75a-4a3c-b7cc-510dabaa3f47
  9. why am I not allowed to start games on my series s through my USB hard drive, they charge...

in XBoX on Consoles
    why am I not allowed to start games on my series s through my USB hard drive, they charge...: I got a hard drive in just to test if it would let me install more stuff and it showed 1tb on the storage space thing, I thought it was all set up but apparently I can't play the games by the USB...
  10. Unformat external hard drive

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unformat external hard drive: I accidentally formatted my external hard drive to xbox one use. It has movie and media files on it. My PC does not recognize it now. How do I format it back to normal?...