Hard drive not showing correct capacity after Xbox 360 format

Discus and support Hard drive not showing correct capacity after Xbox 360 format in XboX Networking Hardware to solve the problem; Hard drive not showing correct capacity after Xbox 360 format I recently obtained a hard drive that had a significant portion allocated to recovery.... Discussion in 'XboX Networking Hardware' started by SEA747, Dec 30, 2017.

1. SEA747
    SEA747 Guest

I recently obtained a hard drive that had a significant portion allocated to recovery. Figuring that the Xbox 360 would erase all of the data on the drive and free up the whole space on it, I proceeded to do so. However, I discovered that only the non-recovery
    portion was available after the format, both on Xbox and Windows. Tinkering with Disk Management failed to reverse the issue; the drive was unable to be expanded on Windows 10. Is there any solution to restore the missing space on the drive?

NOTE: I did ask the Windows support forum, but they referred me to here. This is a repost of the question I initially gave to them.

:)

SEA747, Dec 30, 2017
  2. Odinmax999
    Odinmax999 Guest
    External Hard Drive cant recognize files

I have a 500gb external hdd that i use with my xbox 360, because there was a cap of 32gb on usb i had to use multiple Xbox360 folders inside the hard drive, switching between each one through a PC, i saw on the xbox page that if the storage unit didnt show
    up with the full capacity, i needed to format, before that i copied all the 3 Xbox360 folders in the PC to put them back in after formatting the hard drive, now that i formatted it it wont recognize the files i copied back in. Is there any way to transfer
    them from the computer to the hard drive instead of downloading everything again?

Help me

Odinmax999, Dec 30, 2017
  3. cstruck32
    cstruck32 Guest
    Format Hard Drive

I'm having issues formatting my hard drive for the xbox 360S. Hard drive keeps showing up "unformatted" so I format the hard drive and nothing happens, Xbox keeps saying that it is unformatted. Any solutions to this problem??

cstruck32, Dec 30, 2017
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema: