Hard drive maybe?

Discus and support Hard drive maybe? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hey all, I'm trying to fix my buddies One S and could help troubleshooting. The console turns on, but doesnt boot up. Booting to the troubleshooting... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Brad wadeen, Jun 18, 2024.

1. Brad wadeen
    Brad wadeen Guest

Hard drive maybe?

Hey all, I'm trying to fix my buddies One S and could help troubleshooting. The console turns on, but doesnt boot up. Booting to the troubleshooting menu does nothing as it just freezes up. I've already tried new cords, and power cycling. I'm thinking he needs a whole new internal hard drive with a new operating system, but I'm just not sure. Any help would be appreciated, thanks Hard drive maybe? :)

:)

Brad wadeen, Jun 18, 2024
  2. - AJ - Win User

Hard drive maybe?

Hi, Brad! Thank you for reaching out.
    I'm AJ, an Independent Advisor for the Xbox Community.

Unfortunately, beyond basic troubleshooting, this is not something I, or other users on these forums would be able to help with. Per Community guidelines, users on these forums can't discuss or assist in any kind of self-repair process. Breaching these rules could lead to being suspended or banned from the Community Forums.

-----

For your reference, the following text has been quoted from a thread by MVP, Xbox Ambassador, and Volunteer Moderator, 'bowski477'.

"Please do NOT:

- Discuss changing the way your Xbox operates including modding, chipping, emulators, altering, self-repair, glitching, hacking, exploiting gameplay"

Source - https://answers.microsoft.com/thread/d5108514-749c-490e-8e46-080259b8f0a5

-----

To clarify, may I ask exactly what you mean when you say it just freezes up upon booting to the startup troubleshooter? Is it not responsive to controller input while on that menu?

I'll be looking forward to your reply.
    Best regards.
  3. Daft Badger Win User

Maybe hard drive, maybe not transferred

Glad it's sorted.Enjoy your game.
  4. CyberneticSoly Win User

@PalmettoBling - Thanks for your answer. Unfortunately that didn't work but I appreciate you taking the time to try to help me ;-)

@Daft Badger. That worked, thank you very much ;-)
  5. HomegrownSilky Win User

DriftingMiner87 - rather than spamming the forums with duplicate postings on old threads, why don't you start a thread of your own and post in detail what your problem is.
  6. DensityxD Win User

Hello

I have borderlands 2 on disc but i recently bought a new xbox so i put the disc in and its says it is an error so i decided to buy the game off of the marketplace and it said the same thing so i cleared the cache and everything like that but it is still
    doing it i am not sure what to do can someone help thanks.

Will
Thema:

Hard drive maybe?

1. Hard drive maybe? - Similar Threads - Hard drive maybe

2. Can oh Grand theft Auto v online be played from an external hard drive on Xbox series s?

in XBoX on Windows
    Can oh Grand theft Auto v online be played from an external hard drive on Xbox series s?: Can oh Grand theft Auto v online be played from an external hard drive on Xbox series s? c7531c5d-ab58-4f9d-8106-b7206357bd12
  3. My external 4TB seagate xbox hard drive wont work. What do i do?

in XBoX on Consoles
    My external 4TB seagate xbox hard drive wont work. What do i do?: My xbox series s says that i have to format it to NTFS, even tho i have done that multiple times. What do i do? 2a762762-4406-4854-b1ba-eb6144ea85ad
  4. While using a Xbox 360 hard drive transfer cable can you transfer the hard drive content...

in XBoX on Consoles
    While using a Xbox 360 hard drive transfer cable can you transfer the hard drive content...: Then steel and titanium can I transfer my data off of my Xbox 360 hard drive to the newer Xbox gaming systems with a transfer cable 1d0531f7-9492-4396-8f97-37a494cb9e25
  5. Can my external hard drive cause my xbox series x to freeze

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can my external hard drive cause my xbox series x to freeze: I had my fiest ever freeze in the my games and apps library and my console makes an electric noise when the hdd storage device is in and stops when I unplug it. I was wondering could my external...
  6. Hard drive keeps disconnecting my controller

in XboX Insiders
    Hard drive keeps disconnecting my controller: For some reason I think my external hard drive keeps disconnecting my Xbox controller, whenever I try to resync my controller to the Xbox the Xbox won’t blink. Can anyone help? submitted by...
  7. How can I recover all my games back on my hard drive after formatting it by accident?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How can I recover all my games back on my hard drive after formatting it by accident?: Hi I tried moving all my games installation point over to my external hard drive but instead formatted it and lost all my games and I don’t know if there’s a way I can get them back and if it is...
  8. External Hard drives?

in XBoX on Windows
    External Hard drives?: yeah i have a 500gb 3.0 usb external and wondering can i play games from my external if they are not optimized for series x/s? i have an xbox series s if that help?...
  9. I just got a 5tb external hard drive and it is only showing 456.7GB of available storage?

in XBoX on Consoles
    I just got a 5tb external hard drive and it is only showing 456.7GB of available storage?: It was purchased from Walmart and everything looks to be original. Had the correct seal and says 5tb on it. 49ee7566-fc65-42c2-aef9-ed50d09771ff
  10. XBOX Series X seagate external hard drive not working

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX Series X seagate external hard drive not working: When I connect my external to my Xbox, the lights come on but my games aren't popping up on my Xbox. When I tried plugging it up to my laptop, nothing came up either. The xbox isn't recognizing...