Hard drive failed. Will I keep ALL progress/data if I buy a new one to use?

Discus and support Hard drive failed. Will I keep ALL progress/data if I buy a new one to use? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; My hard drive has stopped working for some reason and is where all my games were stored. It will be very expensive to try to recover it. Can I just buy... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by theVIRUSnation, Dec 4, 2023.

1. Hard drive failed. Will I keep ALL progress/data if I buy a new one to use?

My hard drive has stopped working for some reason and is where all my games were stored. It will be very expensive to try to recover it. Can I just buy a new hard drive and still keep ALL my personal data/progress from each game?

I want to figure out if I should pay to get recovery services or just buy a new one.

:)

theVIRUSnation, Dec 4, 2023
  2. theVIRUSnation Win User

Okay, thank you for your time!
  3. Gerardo CG Win User

Hi there TheVirusnation, my name is Gerardo, and I'm an Xbox player, just like you. I'll be happy to assist you with any questions or concerns you may have.

Don't worry, as long as you've played your games with an internet connection, all the progress and saved game data are stored on the Xbox Cloud. This means that even if you use a different hard drive, when you launch your games, your progress will automatically synchronize, and you won't lose anything.

For more information on this, please visit the following link:

https://support.xbox.com/help/games-apps/game-setup-and-play/cloud-game-saves-faq

I hope this helps and if you have further questions please let me know.

Kind regards,
    Gerardo.
  4. Chris21ce Win User

Random Unreadable Errors

I would get a repair because its cheaper and you will get to keep all your game data. if the hard-drive is faulty try buying a hard-drive. if you want to buy a new xbox im not stopping you and you could try using your old hard-drive in the new xbox then
    you will know if the hard-drive or xbox itself is faulty ;)
  5. Smwutches Win User

buying a new xbox but using old harddrive?

No. Those older hard drives are not compatible with the new Slim systems. If you buy one with a hard drive you can use the data transfer cable to move all of his information from the 120 to the new hard drive.
  6. PARANDUS Win User

Xbox live

Also I think my hard drive is failing when I took it out it worked fine is there anyway to transfer all data from one hard drive to another :/
Thema:

1. Hard drive failed. Will I keep ALL progress/data if I buy a new one to use? - Similar Threads - Hard drive failed

2. Can oh Grand theft Auto v online be played from an external hard drive on Xbox series s?

in XBoX on Windows
    Can oh Grand theft Auto v online be played from an external hard drive on Xbox series s?: Can oh Grand theft Auto v online be played from an external hard drive on Xbox series s? c7531c5d-ab58-4f9d-8106-b7206357bd12
  3. My external 4TB seagate xbox hard drive wont work. What do i do?

in XBoX on Consoles
    My external 4TB seagate xbox hard drive wont work. What do i do?: My xbox series s says that i have to format it to NTFS, even tho i have done that multiple times. What do i do? 2a762762-4406-4854-b1ba-eb6144ea85ad
  4. While using a Xbox 360 hard drive transfer cable can you transfer the hard drive content...

in XBoX on Consoles
    While using a Xbox 360 hard drive transfer cable can you transfer the hard drive content...: Then steel and titanium can I transfer my data off of my Xbox 360 hard drive to the newer Xbox gaming systems with a transfer cable 1d0531f7-9492-4396-8f97-37a494cb9e25
  5. Can my external hard drive cause my xbox series x to freeze

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can my external hard drive cause my xbox series x to freeze: I had my fiest ever freeze in the my games and apps library and my console makes an electric noise when the hdd storage device is in and stops when I unplug it. I was wondering could my external...
  6. Hard drive keeps disconnecting my controller

in XboX Insiders
    Hard drive keeps disconnecting my controller: For some reason I think my external hard drive keeps disconnecting my Xbox controller, whenever I try to resync my controller to the Xbox the Xbox won’t blink. Can anyone help? submitted by...
  7. Hard drive maybe?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hard drive maybe?: Hey all, I'm trying to fix my buddies One S and could help troubleshooting. The console turns on, but doesnt boot up. Booting to the troubleshooting menu does nothing as it just freezes up. I've...
  8. Hard drive space disappearing after failed download.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Hard drive space disappearing after failed download.: How can I get my PC's storage space back? I was downloading a game when my computer closed the xbox app, the game did not download but the space on my hard drive has been used and cannot be...
  9. Xbox One Update - External Hard Drive Fail?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox One Update - External Hard Drive Fail?: So last update my console said was 3/26/2020 Since then my EHD has failed and now I have to reinstall 3 days worth of game installation. like. I left my house with my xbox off, came home and my...
  10. hard drive fail

in XBoX on Consoles
    hard drive fail: the data on my 360 slim hard drive keeps deleting can any one tell me why 266f1bdf-d211-4ff4-bfdc-19f046479049