"Happening Now" tab is not a step forward.

Discus and support "Happening Now" tab is not a step forward. in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; I understand Xbox wants to keep things fresh, but this new update in the friends list is a step backwards. You had a great system with the "friends in... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/Top-Dig-3636, Apr 19, 2024.

1. "Happening Now" tab is not a step forward.

I understand Xbox wants to keep things fresh, but this new update in the friends list is a step backwards.

You had a great system with the "friends in games" tab and now I cant even see what friends I have that are playing the same game as me.

I think the community overwhelmingly agrees that this was a terrible mistake on Xbox's end and should be reverted back to what it was.

submitted by /u/Top-Dig-3636
    [link] [comments]

/u/Top-Dig-3636, Apr 19, 2024
  2. Lord Splashy Win User

Owned games...and game pass.

Hi,

I fully understand this and have had this happen a few times, perhaps a message to support suggesting this tab idea and explaining why may help and possibly see them take it forward. Sadly for now we are all stuck with the same problem!

Take care

Splashy
  3. Annoyed Bush Win User

MICROSOFT! STEP FORWARD, NOT BACK!

Shh no tears,

Only dreams now OP.
  4. ShadowChaser36 Win User

Personally, I have mixed feelings about the reversal of policies. On the one hand, MS was doing something out of the norm and bringing innovation to the gaming console. I was actually looking forward to seeing how all of it would work seamlessly. On the
    other hand, I understand that from a business standpoint, they had to make the switch because of the amount of loss they may(and probably would) have taken. That being said, most of my purchases will more than likely be digital to take advantage of the instant
    switching feature.
  5. Jamaalie-31D7757B-90 Win User

the ability to re-sell a game on *ebay* etc. and after postage and packaging (if it even sells)+ listing fee, or been haggled at a carboot etc. it's sometimes better just to trade in, if you're planning to use what you make in a game store anyway.
  6. Kiddeth Win User

[quote user="xRagingxPwnerx"]

[quote user="KrubKrum"]

Fantastic hardware to run some of the biggest and best games that could give the PC a good run for their money.

[/quote]

Haha. In any case, the hardware is the same.

The cloud is apart of the equation , and as of now I have heard no info on if that is still going to be a thing.

Kinect included so it can be part of games more fluidly rather then an add on.
    That doesn't follow logic. Just because everyone will have one doesn't change its capabilities. If a developer uses it, they use it. Anyway, that is still included

It does follow logic, the original Kinect had to adapt to older hardware, the new one is built into and with that hardware in mind from the start.

Games linked to your account and the ability to access them from any console.
    You can still do that with digital copies.

The point being yo could have done it with both. now if you have a disc you have to bring that along as well, no incentive to go DD, and no word on if that is even still a thing

Seamless switching from games to other games without the need to switch disks.
    You can still do that with digital copies.

Sharing games with "10 family members" from anywhere.
    This is the only thing you're really losing, and even this they still could implement for digital copies. Maybe they still will.

That would be an incentive to go DD

[/quote]

In short we really didn't gain anything, other than the ability to re-sale a used game.
Thema:

"Happening Now" tab is not a step forward.

1. "Happening Now" tab is not a step forward. - Similar Threads - Happening tab step

2. How do I get rid of the happening now tab on my friends list

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How do I get rid of the happening now tab on my friends list: How do I get rid of the happening now tab on my friends list, my xbox just updated now there is a massive tab on my friends list that looks horrible and is pretty pointless, can't find a way to...
  3. Happening now tab is very bad but that’s not the worst problem!

in XboX Insiders
    Happening now tab is very bad but that’s not the worst problem!: Nobody is talking about how the friends in games tab is completely gone now. I used this a lot to quickly see which friends were on what games and now my whole experience has been downgraded...
  4. "Happening Now" tab is bad design and should be removed.

in XboX Insiders
    "Happening Now" tab is bad design and should be removed.: This change provide NO extra information, functionality, engagement, or usefulness. It's just a duplicate of what is already on the left side of my screen and is completely superfluous. The only...
  5. Can we get the option to shut off the what's happening tab any friend I wanna see is...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Can we get the option to shut off the what's happening tab any friend I wanna see is...: The happening now feature used to be easy to ignore b9f9161d-405c-42e9-8b3b-4f184a5d05b8
  6. New “Happening Now” Tab is Terrible

in XboX Insiders
    New “Happening Now” Tab is Terrible: This new tab is atrociously bad. Not only does it now cover half of the screen, but it also removes the clock off of the screen as well. The “Happening Now” tab was something I barely even used...
  7. "Friends in games" removed and replaced by "happening now" tab.

in XboX Insiders
    "Friends in games" removed and replaced by "happening now" tab.: As the title States, this update has replaced friends in games with happening now. it is a completely unnecessary update imo. It just seems like the friends in games option was really all that was...
  8. What happened to the sleeping tab settings in xbox Microsoft edge

in XBoX on Windows
    What happened to the sleeping tab settings in xbox Microsoft edge: Tabs go to sleep way too fast c2bc1a55-6c68-4f39-bb76-9ff601b0ef67
  9. What happened to the rewards tab on Xbox on PC?

in XBoX on Windows
    What happened to the rewards tab on Xbox on PC?: What happened to the rewards tab on Xbox on PC? It disappeared yesterday, and good luck in trying to get help from support. 86581407-c8a8-42da-b62c-6c21e14bdb24
  10. microsoft edge and Books tab under Xbox one X edge browser is that going to happen soon?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    microsoft edge and Books tab under Xbox one X edge browser is that going to happen soon?: Microsoft Edge and the missing Books tab under Xbox one X edge browser but may be an better idea yet have a built in eBooks Tab on the Xbox One X console itself, like it has Home, Mixer,...