Halo Wars 2 - Can't get past first menu...

Discus and support Halo Wars 2 - Can't get past first menu... in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; So I installed the Halo Wars 2 Complete Edition on PC from the Windows Store, and it gets as far as "Press any button to start", but won't do anything... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by DForshaw, Aug 17, 2020.

1. DForshaw
    DForshaw Guest

So I installed the Halo Wars 2 Complete Edition on PC from the Windows Store, and it gets as far as "Press any button to start", but won't do anything when I click or press a button (I've also got an XB1 controller plugged in, but it won't respond to any
    of the buttons on that either).

I've tried uninstalling/reinstalling from Windows store, but still running into the same issue. On forums it keeps telling me to launch from the app itself (no change), or revert back to a previous version of Windows, but there must be a better way to do
    it than that. Any ideas?

:)

DForshaw, Aug 17, 2020
  2. DForshaw Win User

Found the problem - at some point while clearing out bloatware on my PC the Gaming Services and Xbox Identity Provider apps were deleted. Installed these again and now working fine.
  3. AlmasRetroChild Win User

Are you buying the next Halo?

I played Halo Wars and started off on Legendary and couldn't even get past the first bit of the game. It went directly back on my shelf :|
  4. noboundz Win User

Halo Problem

[quote user="Juxtapose13"]

[quote user=""]

Not the best in the Halo series...

[/quote]

Halo 2 holds that spot for me, followed by Halo: Reach, then
    Halo Wars.

[/quote]

Never tried Wars. Everyone says it's good, but I just can't imagine a Halo strategy game. For me its CE that's first, then 2, 3, Reach, and ODST last.
  5. duckonquack892 Win User

Halo Wars Definitive Edition code

pre ordered Halo Wars 2: Ultimate Edition.

Halo Wars Definitive Edition downloaded but I can't play it.
  6. iAmDexter010 Win User

On What Level of Excitement Would You Be if..

Halo HD bundle with Halo, Halo 2 and Halo 3 for next-gen.?

Maybe one of the first games I would buy. Was a fan of halo and Halo 2 but couldn't really get into part 3.

Never played Wars. Is that game like Age of Empires or Shogun 2?
Thema:

1. Halo Wars 2 - Can't get past first menu... - Similar Threads - Halo Wars Can't

2. Halo wars DE on Xbox one not connecting to multiplayer. Uninstalled the game and it still...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Halo wars DE on Xbox one not connecting to multiplayer. Uninstalled the game and it still...: Halo wars DE on Xbox one not connecting to multiplayer. Uninstalled the game and it still won’t connect any advise. 36b00320-79cb-4163-953b-3c7b1e9394a0
  3. Halo wars series x edition issues

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Halo wars series x edition issues: If i download the ultimate version of halo wars 2 i get no character voices when playing but if i download the standard edition everything work plez help f475a895-5b11-451a-8f30-e286f8ade9a6
  4. How do you get Halo Wars 2: Complete edition DLC to load and work?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do you get Halo Wars 2: Complete edition DLC to load and work?: On logging in to the game, the DLC simply acts like it hasn't been purchased, and directs to the store for purchase. I have opened the complete edition, not the standard....
  5. Why am I not able to access the DLC for Halo Wars 2 via my gamepass subscription?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why am I not able to access the DLC for Halo Wars 2 via my gamepass subscription?: I noticed that Halo Wars 2 Complete Edition was available via gamepass and was excited to finally have access to the DLC that came with the compelte edition. However, upon launching the game via...
  6. When I try to play some games like starfield, halo or gears of war I get a completely green...

in XBoX on Consoles
    When I try to play some games like starfield, halo or gears of war I get a completely green...: When I try to play some games like starfield, halo or gears of war I get a completely green screen but if I play humankind it works perfectly. Not sure what's going on. If it's the tv as it never...
  7. Halo Wars Definitive Edition server issue

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Halo Wars Definitive Edition server issue: Halo Wars Definitive Edition , Not able too seach or create a game says waiting on Xbox Live . It appears its doing this for others as well. Please help thanks in advance...
  8. I can't download the game Halo 4 and Gears of War 3. Always hangs at 79% and comes back early!

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't download the game Halo 4 and Gears of War 3. Always hangs at 79% and comes back early!: I can not download the games. I'm Brazilian and I have this problem there. Could you tell me if this means region lock? Because my Xbox 360, it is located in Brazil, but the xbox live account is...
  9. Can't receive Blitz pack in Halo War 2

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't receive Blitz pack in Halo War 2: I bought some Blitz packs yesterday, the payments are succeed but I receive nothing. Could anybody help me? Thanks. 8e65e4d8-a4d1-42d6-bcb9-f6bfb44fa202
  10. can't download halo spartan and war game packs

in XBoX Games and Apps
    can't download halo spartan and war game packs: Hello I just bought and installed Halo 4 with xbox live. Now I try to open "war game" mode or "spartan ops" and all I get is an error message saying it can connect to xbox live when it tries to...