Halo MCC Edition - Halo 3 LASO Playlist - Crash to Xbox Home Screen

Discus and support Halo MCC Edition - Halo 3 LASO Playlist - Crash to Xbox Home Screen in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; My son, GT [Mod removed - See guidelines], is working through the Halo MCC Achievement list and currently focussed on the LASO playlists. While he was... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by aNiall8, Aug 7, 2019.

1. aNiall8
    aNiall8 Guest

My son, GT [Mod removed - See guidelines], is working through the Halo MCC Achievement list and currently focussed on the LASO playlists.

While he was playing MCC Halo 3 LASO on our Xbox1, I signed him into the family XBox1X. This caused him to be signed off the regular Xbox1 and dumped him from Halo MCC and his playlist session. [Update - this occurred on Saturday Aug 3rd at 3AM BST
    / Fri Aug 2nd 10PM EST ]

We both realised what had happened and he was able to re-sign in and restart his playlist on the XBox1

However, it crashed very shortly afterwards and has been crashing to the Xbox Home Screen ever since

He was on "The Covenant" (the 3rd last mission) of Halo 3 and had reached the final room. It was just in the middle of the cut scene where The Prophet of Truth kills Miranda

Is there any way of resolving this without a complete restart of the Halo 3 LASO playlist?

We tried resuming the playlist

- online and offline

- on both Xbox 1 and 1X

- switching to another playlist and back again, as a number of solutions on the web have recommended

to no avail.

[Updates]

- Hard Reboot

- Delete Local Save file

- Quitting game and restarting [as per https://support.xbox.com/en-IE/games/troubleshooting/game-freeze-solution ]

We noted that many of the solutions appear to rely on an earlier version of Halo MCC which allowed someone to resume from a previous checkpoint or mission start

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I feel bad that I may have forced him to restart a Halo 3 LASO

Regards Niall ()

(cross-post to https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/85d779d52cfd46918b4f8b638f2e3c7b/topics/halo-mcc-edition---halo-3-laso-playlist---crash/9cf5c09d-3461-458f-abc7-d61b00bcc438/posts )

:)

aNiall8, Aug 7, 2019
  2. aNiall8 Win User

Hi Brad,

Uninstall and Reinstall done ; unfortunately, no change. Load to a little longer before crashing; probably due to cloud save download.

Thanks and regards, Niall.
  3. Ricardo Cintra Win User

You try see if your NAT of the Network is all open?
  4. XBF Brad A Win User

Hi Anaill,

Thanks for the update on what you have done. The next thing would be to
    uninstall
    and
    reinstall
    the game. There may be a corrupt file causing the crashing issue. As stated you by Chris you will not lose any save data as it is saved on the cloud.

Thanks,

Brad
  5. XBF Chris J Win User

Hello aNiall8,

Thank you for posting here on the Xbox forums. It is possible that his saved data could have been corrupted when he was signed out mid-game. In this case, we recommend deleting the
    local saved game data. This will allow the console to re-sync hiscloud
    saved data.

Now, deleting saved data sounds scary. However, the Xbox one backs up all saved data to the cloud servers automatically as long as the console was connected to the internet while playing. Doing this step will allow the most recent cloud save to overwrite
    the most recent local save. This will hopefully bring back an uncorrupted save file.

Go into your Settings > System > Storage > Clear local save games.

There are also more steps to try out here : “My Xbox One game won’t start or freezes during gameplay”

The console will then restart itself. Try out the game afterwards, let us know the results!
  6. aNiall8 Win User

Hi Chris,

We decided not to proceed with a console reset. The issues occurred on multiple XBox and we did not see any reason to try further single machine specific solutions.

In the end, once he completed ODST LASO, he went back and started H3 LASO playlist from the beginning and completed it (much to the surprise of his parents who did not hear the usual sounds of frustration that accompany a LASO playlist)

Thanks for everyone's suggestions here

Closing the thread now

Regards, Niall.
Thema:

1. Halo MCC Edition - Halo 3 LASO Playlist - Crash to Xbox Home Screen - Similar Threads - Halo MCC Edition

2. Halo MCC Unable to Load without Frozen Screen

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Halo MCC Unable to Load without Frozen Screen: Halo Master Chief Collection on Xbox Series X froze during Halo 3 game play. Any time I restart the game, it brings me back to the same frozen screen. I’ve uninstalled/reinstalled and removed save...
  3. How can I add another login into Halo MCC?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How can I add another login into Halo MCC?: I got logged out of my primary email that I used to get into the game. I was hoping someone can tell me how I can add my current email when I login. I bought the Halo MCC on steam. Please, any...
  4. Halo MCC bugged when i tried to download it, how do I fix it?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Halo MCC bugged when i tried to download it, how do I fix it?: I have tried everything from this post, https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/xbox/forum/all/halo-mcc-bugged-when-i-tried-to-download-it-how-to/3f49f0a7-a6c3-4b76-8698-a32b33e3ff7f and this post...
  5. Halo MCC on pc not allowing me to join my friend

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Halo MCC on pc not allowing me to join my friend: So I bought halo for my friend and we have not been able to join each other. We both play on steam and have tried connecting through steam the xbox app and in game itself. Everytime I go to join...
  6. How can you play Halo MCC split screen Co-op(?) without a game pass -Xbox console

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How can you play Halo MCC split screen Co-op(?) without a game pass -Xbox console: I just bought a digital code Halo MCC on my xbox S. I want to play in split screen with my little brother in co-op mode (as a team, not competitors). However when I tap the Multi-player bar->...
  7. Halo mcc not working

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Halo mcc not working: Whenever i launch halo mcc wether its with administrator or not it gives the easy anticheat screen then minimises doesnt let me see it then crashed i have tried every youtube video no error msg...
  8. Why can't I play co op with my friend in Halo 2 MCC?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can't I play co op with my friend in Halo 2 MCC?: Hi, I'm having a problem trying to play co op with my friend and it keeps kicking us both out of the game. We both have updated versions of our game and our system. I'd like to know what to do to...
  9. Halo MCC Sign-In Failed Too Many Attempts (No attempts were made though)

in XBoX Accessibility
    Halo MCC Sign-In Failed Too Many Attempts (No attempts were made though): Halo MCC is not letting me sign-in, claiming I've tried too many times when today was the first time I've opened it in at least several months. How do I get it to let me sign-in to my own account...
  10. Is there any way I could use the steam workshop mods for my pc edition of mcc being halo...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Is there any way I could use the steam workshop mods for my pc edition of mcc being halo...: I found multiple halo mods that would be amazing to play but they were only on steam workshop(surprised it had one) just wondered if I did not have to burn a hole in my wallet for a game I can...