Halo MCC crash when loading map listings

Discus and support Halo MCC crash when loading map listings in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I have halo MCC installed via steam, and whenever I launch with anti-cheat disabled, I get consistent crashes. There are two main cases: 1. No mods... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by LethalChicken, Jun 29, 2023.

1. Halo MCC crash when loading map listings

I have halo MCC installed via steam, and whenever I launch with anti-cheat disabled, I get consistent crashes. There are two main cases:
    1. No mods installed

When I open the game, I can navigate most of the menus just fine, but when I get to any menu that has a list or preview of maps (including missions, firefight, forge, custom games, and playlists), the game crashes. The preview of maps/missions that normally appears in the bottom right of the screen does not appear at all. The only exception is theater mode, and I assume that's because it's not listing maps, it's listing theater files, which are then played on top of whatever map is associated with that file. When I loaded a file in theater, the map loaded successfully, so the error is exclusively with map listings, and presumably has to do with the addition of modded map support in the menus so that existing maps no longer have to be overwritten, and steam workshop support is now possible.

In this case I get one of three errors codes (all just display as UE4 Fatal Error, this is from the event viewer):

0xc0000005 with fault offset 0x0000000000b00d74, and the faulting application is mcc-win64-shipping.exe

0xc0000409 with fault offset 0x000000000007f61e, and the faulting application is ucrtbase.dll

0xe06d7363 with fault offset 0x000000000006536c, and the faulting application is KERNELBASE.dll

2. Mods installed

When mods are installed and I open the game, I can navigate most menus as before, but if I even open the campaign, multiplayer, or firefight menus, the game crashes. The crashes are less consistent, though it still happens immediately and 100% of the time in the same cases as before. In this case I exclusively get the error code 0xc0000005 with the faulting application is mcc-win64-shipping.exe

I reached out to Halo Support and they were useless, and there has only been a single minor MCC update since I first ran into the issue, which did not fix it.

I've tried reinstalling the game, verifying integrity of game files, changing permissions, closing background processes, I even accidentally reset Windows when trying to perform a clean boot and it locked me out because windows hello wouldn't start. I've also used sfc to check my system files, uninstalled Windows 7 from a secondary hard drive, disabled overclocking in the BIOS, run the memory diagnostic tool, updated Windows, and updated drivers.

I have been fighting with this issue for months and NOBODY on the entire internet seems to have the same problem. The closest ones I found, the troubleshooting steps that worked for them did not work for me. I'm wondering if it might be a hardware issue, or if there are other troubleshooting methods I should try.

PC Specs:

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600

RAM: 32GB DDR4, 2133MHz

Graphics Card: Geforce RTX 2070

Windows 11 Personal

Here is one of the crash logs, from the event viewer:

Faulting application name: mcc-win64-shipping.exe, version: 1.3073.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000

Faulting module name: mcc-win64-shipping.exe, version: 1.3073.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x0000000000320d90

Faulting process id: 0x0xAE20

Faulting application start time: 0x0x1D9AA3480372920

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Halo The Master Chief Collection\mcc\binaries\win64\mcc-win64-shipping.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Halo The Master Chief Collection\mcc\binaries\win64\mcc-win64-shipping.exe

Report Id: d222a19a-133e-4169-854c-99eee37d7bf2

Faulting package full name:

Faulting package-relative application ID:

:)

LethalChicken, Jun 29, 2023
  2. Tomm_A Win User

Hello LethalChicken,

Thank you for sharing your concern here in Xbox Community Forum and we hope that all is well.

Based on the description, you are having issue with the game played on Steam app. To get this resolved, this is best addressed to the dedicated support team of the platform you are using. Let us help you how to get there.

To contact Steam support and submit a ticket, follow the steps below:

• Go to this link: Steam Support (steampowered.com)
    • click Sign in to Steam
    • Log in to your account. Enter the username and password associated with your Steam account and click Log In.
    • Select a product you are having an issue with.
    • Click the issue you are having.
    • Click Contact Steam Support. This will bring you to the page to where you submit a ticket.
    • Fill out the form and click Send.

We are positive that you’ll get more relevant information and best resolution to your concern. We will be closing this thread here in community forum because this will be taken cared by the respective support team. If you have other concern related to Xbox products and services, feel free to create a new topic to discuss and we are more than happy to assists.

Sincerely,

Microsoft Community Moderator
  3. richardlzj Win User

MCC Downloaded, but Halo Reach won't Install!

I have the same problem!! I have bought this game and click the MCC, it launches, I see the "easy anti-cheat" window load, then the opening cinematic plays, it then closes or crashes when the "343 industries" shows
    and the Halo Reach Microsoft app page is opened and says I need to install Halo Reach. But I did install it!!!!!
  4. Andrew_stockmaik Win User

Custom browser for other halo titles in the mcc

Custum Browsing is where people can join your forge map that you made, people online can join and play your map that you created in forge. I thought when season 7 of halo mcc came, that any halo with forge in the mcc would be Able to have custum Browsing on it, but it's only reach. I'm wondering if halos like halo 3 , halo 4, and halo 2 anniversary will have custum browsing, I made some pretty cool maps on those games but not halo reach.
  5. TobyClone1 Win User

Halo channel says I need to buy MCC to watch nightfall, but I already have.

Ok I managed to make it work.

1. Sign in with the account that activated the code

2. Sign everyone else out

3. Open the Halo Channel app

4. If it doesn't load or work, make the app crash by activating another app and then immediately go back to Halo Channel.

5. go to the home screen press menu and quit the app

6. Open the MCC up

7. Go to the extras page and select Nightfall

8. Hopefully it should work, but if not force the app to quit while loading and load it through the MCC again
  6. Steven Zuleta Win User

Halo Master Chief collection crashes

The game is install on internal series S ssd. The game just seems to crash when I begin the first level of halo reach on the mcc collection. Thanks for the help.
Thema:

1. Halo MCC crash when loading map listings - Similar Threads - Halo MCC crash

2. Halo MCC Unable to Load without Frozen Screen

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Halo MCC Unable to Load without Frozen Screen: Halo Master Chief Collection on Xbox Series X froze during Halo 3 game play. Any time I restart the game, it brings me back to the same frozen screen. I’ve uninstalled/reinstalled and removed save...
  3. How can I add another login into Halo MCC?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How can I add another login into Halo MCC?: I got logged out of my primary email that I used to get into the game. I was hoping someone can tell me how I can add my current email when I login. I bought the Halo MCC on steam. Please, any...
  4. Halo MCC bugged when i tried to download it, how do I fix it?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Halo MCC bugged when i tried to download it, how do I fix it?: I have tried everything from this post, https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/xbox/forum/all/halo-mcc-bugged-when-i-tried-to-download-it-how-to/3f49f0a7-a6c3-4b76-8698-a32b33e3ff7f and this post...
  5. Halo MCC crash when Easy Anti-Cheat is disabled

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Halo MCC crash when Easy Anti-Cheat is disabled: I have halo MCC installed, and whenever I launch with anti-cheat disabled, I get consistent crashes. There are two main cases: 1. No mods installed When I open the game, I can navigate most of...
  6. How to fix this bug crash halo 2 on MCC

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How to fix this bug crash halo 2 on MCC: Halo 2 anniversary coop crashes everytime me or my partner enter a vehicle and it's annoying because it makes the game unplayable 8e40a2b4-162e-411a-9978-35bcfcc703c0
  7. is there a fix for halo mcc fatal error crash

in XBoX Games and Apps
    is there a fix for halo mcc fatal error crash: everytime i tried to play halo mcc on steam and my brother is playing minecraft i will crash everytime with a fatal error. we have tested this at home and everytime he starts minecraft on his ps5...
  8. Halo MCC PC co-op crash

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Halo MCC PC co-op crash: Halo MCC is totally unplayable in coop due to constant crashing on levels, it seems to always be random when the crash may occur but happens enough times to not complete a mission. my friend and i...
  9. Halo MCC Edition - Halo 3 LASO Playlist - Crash to Xbox Home Screen

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Halo MCC Edition - Halo 3 LASO Playlist - Crash to Xbox Home Screen: My son, GT [Mod removed - See guidelines], is working through the Halo MCC Achievement list and currently focussed on the LASO playlists. While he was playing MCC Halo 3 LASO on our Xbox1, I...
  10. HALO MCC crash in Halo 4

in XBoX Games and Apps
    HALO MCC crash in Halo 4: When a episode finished I get many times the a black screen with the massage in the upper left corner " Untracked build, won't upload " Please release a update for all problems we have with Halo...