Halo Master Chief Collection doesn't let me sign in

Discus and support Halo Master Chief Collection doesn't let me sign in in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I would open the game it tells me to sign in then I get sign in error. If I press retry I would be in endless loading in the title screen. I have the... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by SillySocks33, Aug 3, 2023.

1. SillySocks33
    SillySocks33 Guest

I would open the game it tells me to sign in then I get sign in error. If I press retry I would be in endless loading in the title screen. I have the game on Steam.

• I've tried running it as admin, nothing changed.
    • I've tried going in the credentials and restarting my pc, nothing changed.
    • I've tried verifying the files and restarting my pc after, nothing changed.
    • I even uninstalled and reinstalled the entire game with everything and nothing changed.
    I have no idea what's been going on I've been trying to fix this all day and nothing been happening. Never had this issue before and always had the game installed on my pc and update when it needs to update.

:)

SillySocks33, Aug 3, 2023
  2. SillySocks33 Win User

Well I decided to unplug my router for a minute and waited for the internet to connect now Xbox site is working and I'm able to play Halo now.

Weird never had a any disconnect with my router so not sure how any of this happened.

Still the Halo Waypoint site bugged out with signing in with internal server errors etc. But it worked on my fresh Firefox browser.

Thanks.
  3. Mae Sev. Win User

Thanks for the update, SillySocks33.

Based on the additional information you provided after trying the suggested steps, it shows that when you try to access the account on AMC (account.microsoft.com), you are still getting the sign in loop. With that, we may need to look for another way around that may help us for this issue we have. Since, you confirmed as well that you can access Microsoft products through Microsoft Store.

Moving forward, we will go ahead and try performing a browser troubleshooting. If you are using an Edge browser, kindly apply the steps below.

1. Close other tabs, extensions, and apps

Your computer may have run out of memory, and can't load the site while also running your apps, extensions, and programs.
    2. Make sure Microsoft Edge is up to date

Select Settings and more > Settings > About Microsoft Edge . If there's an update available, you can apply it from here.
    3. Scan your device for malware

For Windows 10, see the "Run a scan manually" section of Stay protected with Windows Security.
    4. Repair Microsoft Edge
    • Make sure that your browser is closed and that you have administrative rights to your device. If multiple users are logged in your device, make sure Microsoft Edge is closed for all users.
    • Go to Start > Settings > Apps > Apps & features.
    • In the apps list, select Microsoft Edge and then select Modify. If the Modify command isn't available, it's likely that your organization installed Microsoft Edge and is managing it for you. For help, contact your system administrator.
    • When prompted Do you want to allow this app to make changes to your device?, select Yes.
    • Make sure you're connected to internet and select Repair. Your browser data and settings shouldn't be affected by repair.

5. Reset Edge

• Open Edge and click the 3 dots at the upper right side of your screen.
    • Go to setting.
    • Look for reset settings.
    • Click restore settings to their default values.

This will reset your startup page, new tab page, search engine, and pinned tabs. It will also disable all extensions and clear temporary data like cookies.

6. Make sure to proceed with clearing all browsing data

Select Settings and more > History > Clear browsing data. Select All time under Time Range; select all boxes, and then select Clear now.

If the problem continues, look for answers and report issues. Select Settings and more > Help and feedback , and then select Send feedback .

6. Try opening the page in another browser. If it doesn’t open, there could be a problem with your network or the website itself.

First, try restarting your modem and router.

If this doesn't work, contact the website owner and let them know you've been having problems loading the webpage.

7. Reset your Network

• Click start, type CMD and run as administrator
    • Copy and paste each of the command below and hit enter.
    netsh int ip reset

netsh advfirewall reset

netsh winsock reset

ipconfig /flushdns

ipconfig /release

ipconfig /renew

restart your computer

After doing all the steps, make sure to try accessing the links provided on the previous responses. I hope the information above helps.

We will anticipate your response to this.

Regards,

4. SillySocks33 Win User

Well I'm not sure why I would have to do all that to just be able to sign in the Halo site to submit a ticket.

I found out that it works if I just open a fresh google chrome window with nothing on it so I'll see if I can send a ticket to Halo support.
  5. Mae Sev. Win User

Hello SillySocks33,

Welcome to Xbox Forums. We appreciate you for sharing your concern with us and we hope that you are doing well today.

We understand you are trying to play Halo Master Chief Collection on your Windows PC. We truly appreciate you for taken action regarding the issue we have before posting it here in Community. Just to set proper expectation, if any case that the issue confirmed to be in the specific game only, we will have to contact directly the launcher we used to play this game or the developer of the game itself. Nothing to worry, let us work on this together and sort this out in timely manner to get you back to gaming.

Before anything else, we would like to know few things about your issue. I will be asking you questions so, please check the following:

1. In this issue, we will have to make sure that the account we used to sign-in to the game is the account where your license associated with.

* You can try to verify the purchase history of the account. Check if you can see it. Microsoft account | Order history

2. Make sure to check your Xbox Live subscription as well.

* Microsoft account | Services & subscriptions

3. May we know if you installed the Halo Master Chief Collection through your steam application?

4. Is this the only game that you faced this issue with? If not, please provide us the list of games with this issue.

5. When was the last time you successfully signed in your account with this game?

We notice that some are actually having the same issue as we have from your end. Since, you have performed few troubleshooting steps already, we would like to provide you steps that is related to the issue we have.

• Ensuring that you have installed the game properly is one quick way to fix this issue.
    • Checking the games update/version to see if it is updated would also be a great help.
    • Look for the file called: Xbl|DeviceKey. To do that, kindly go to control panel > user account > credential manager > scroll down and then look for the file. Then, delete it.
    • Try to launch your game again. However, if the issue persists, kindly proceed next.
    • Waiting for the syncing process to finish would also be a great help.

If the issue persists after all the troubleshooting, you may have to check this link to see and know how to submit a Halo Support Ticket.

We look forward to your response. Kindly let us know if there is any misunderstand or clarifications of our description by sending us a reply.

Regards,

Microsoft Community Moderator
  6. Mae Sev. Win User

We truly appreciate your time and effort for taking actions and providing us further clarification regarding with the issue and an update for the steps provided, SillySocks33.

It seems that the option provided is not working now, we will go ahead and proceed to try resetting your router. Unplug it from the power source, wait 30 seconds, then plug it back in and wait for it to fully restart.

If neither of these step's work, it's possible that there may be an issue with your internet connection. You can try contacting your internet service provider to see if there are any known issues in your area.

Regarding the Xbox app opening the EA app, this may be due to a setting in the Xbox app. You can try disabling the "Show game clips and captures in Game bar" setting in the Xbox app to see if that resolves the issue.

If these additional suggested steps don't work, you may want to consider Contacting Xbox Live Support. To contact Xbox Support for further assistance and troubleshooting. Here's a link to their support page: https://support.xbox.com/en-US/contact-us.

• Scroll down and look at the lower left side if you can see the page that matches your country/region which you currently located.
    • If not. please select the country region it is showing and select the correct one among the lists.
    • Make sure to use the check the available contact times of the support.
    • Select the drop-down menu options that will match your concern.
    • Select the drop-down menu options that will match your concern.
    • The next window will provide you with support articles based on your request and we recommend reviewing the relevant articles before selecting the "See contact options" button.
    • On the final window, you will be presented with multiple options. We suggest selecting either the "Chat online" or the "Request a call" options to speak with someone. Be sure to provide as much detail as possible.
    • If you cannot get connected to the support, please use the Virtual Agent and enter this exact phrase, "Talk to an agent".
    • Should you be encountering issues contacting support, may try InPrivate Windows for your browser, other browser, different device/s or connect to different network.

Thank you for posting and have a good one.

Kind regards,

Microsoft Community Moderator
Thema:

1. Halo Master Chief Collection doesn't let me sign in - Similar Threads - Halo Master Chief

2. Error 404 when trying to download Halo: The Master Chief Collection from the store

in XboX Insiders
    Error 404 when trying to download Halo: The Master Chief Collection from the store: It states it's available on game pass but it won't work, any thoughts / suggestions? New here so be nice please!!! submitted by /u/Woodburygooner [link] [comments]
  3. halo master chief collection pc lan with xbox one or xbox seire x

in XBoX on Consoles
    halo master chief collection pc lan with xbox one or xbox seire x: Does anyone know if you can lan with halo master cheif collection on xbox one or xbox seires swith the halo master cheif collection on pc? Would there be limits on campaign or multiplayer?...
  4. Halo Master Chief Collection - Error coop mode, can't play

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Halo Master Chief Collection - Error coop mode, can't play: Hello team! I have the following problem with my MC game. I'm trying to play with my brother co op mode, LAN mode (I have already tried with Xbox Live), he can join my team, I can select the...
  5. Halo Master chief collection pauses during cut scenes.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Halo Master chief collection pauses during cut scenes.: I'm trying to replay through the older Halo series through to the new ones to follow the whole story. However, as soon as a cut scene starts the game pauses within a few seconds so I'll unpause it...
  6. I am trying to install the halo Master Chief Collection to my laptop through xbox.com

in XBoX on Windows
    I am trying to install the halo Master Chief Collection to my laptop through xbox.com: but when I press install I get a "ready to install" and then there is only one option being my family's Xbox one as it is listed as one of my devices and I don't know how I could either list my...
  7. Halo Reach and ODST are not installed on Master Chief Collection

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Halo Reach and ODST are not installed on Master Chief Collection: I purchased the MCC on disc. I installed the game to my XBOX One S and downloaded all DLC, including the Reach and ODST modules. I can see those modules in my downloads along side the main game....
  8. Halo master chief collection matchmaking

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Halo master chief collection matchmaking: I play on Xbox and cannot find any matches on halo mcc, I have been sitting in a queue for 20 minutes and don’t know what to do 909e1d23-1a40-4620-b86a-52d7c7cff48e
  9. "Unknown File Version" When I try and boot up Halo Master Chief Collection

in XBoX Games and Apps
    "Unknown File Version" When I try and boot up Halo Master Chief Collection: When I attempt to boot up MCC, It gets stuck at EasyAntiCheat and won't let me in because of an unknown file version named: MCCWinStore-Win64-Shipping.exe I've tried pretty much everything and...
  10. Xbox won’t let me install the 2019 version of the master chief collection halo just the...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox won’t let me install the 2019 version of the master chief collection halo just the...: when I press manage game and add-ons it just sits there and load it doesn’t show me anything for the 2019 version e15ca9e5-01e9-4bc3-9a82-f152cd4d754b