Halo Infinite won't install - Error code 0x87e00196

Discus and support Halo Infinite won't install - Error code 0x87e00196 in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I have never had installation issues with games on the Xbox App before; this included Halo Infinite multiplayer. When I purchased the campaign over... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by The Porternator, Feb 11, 2023.

1. Halo Infinite won't install - Error code 0x87e00196

I have never had installation issues with games on the Xbox App before; this included Halo Infinite multiplayer. When I purchased the campaign over Christmas, it bugged out multiple times trying to install it. After reinstalling gaming services and the Xbox app several times, I finally got it installed by going to Manage Game and selecting only the campaign, no high res textures and had been able to play several times since.

I recently reinstalled Windows 10 and now I can't install either the campaign or multiplayer. Trying to install either would crash the app; using Manage Game would crash the app. I've managed to get past those crashes by repairing/resetting the gaming services but now both give me error code 0x87e00196 and are the only games in my library doing it. Manage Game now opens, but says it failed to load, again only for Halo. Every other game allows me to install or play it. I have reinstalled, repaired and reset the Xbox App dozens of times. I have reinstalled gaming services through the registries, powershell, within the app several dozen times, nothing fixes it. I have signed in and out, rebooted, turned off other programs and services and still nothing.

Halo Infinite won't install - Error code 0x87e00196 [​IMG]

Halo Infinite won't install - Error code 0x87e00196 [​IMG]

:)

The Porternator, Feb 11, 2023
  2. iTsFx Win User

Hello, I'm Felipe and I'm an independent Community Expert, and I'll do my best to help you.

Error code 0x87e00196 can indicate a problem with the Xbox app or with the game itself. Here are some steps you can try to resolve the issue:

Restart your PC and try installing the game again.

Check for any available updates for the Xbox app and make sure it's fully up to date.

Uninstall and reinstall the Xbox app and see if that resolves the issue.

Clear the cache of the Xbox app and try installing the game again. You can do this by following these steps:

Go to the Windows Start menu

Type "Xbox app" in the search bar

Right-click on the Xbox app and select "App settings"

Scroll down to the "Reset" section and click the "Reset" button

Confirm the action to clear the cache of the Xbox app

Disable any antivirus or firewall software temporarily and try installing the game again.

If the problem persists, you may want to try contacting Xbox support for further assistance. They may be able to provide additional troubleshooting steps or help resolve the issue.

It's also a good idea to check forums or online communities dedicated to the Xbox app or to Halo Infinite to see if other players are encountering similar issues and if they have found any solutions.
  3. Jake Pickering Win User

Xbox App / Gaming Services - Consistent Problems

Windows 10 - although I think people have reported the same issue with win11.

Edit: I have added the error codes

Error when launching halo: Error code: (0x80070002)
    Error when trying to install/verify any game: (0x87e00196)
  4. JerryCotton IV Win User

error 0x80070005

Yes on PC trying to install new games on pc now I have a new error code 0x87e00196
  5. Jamie_Ish Win User

This location isnt set up for installing games.....

Okay so fixed that issue by unticking "ask me for install options on every install" but now get an error code "0x87e00196" trying to install anything
  6. Just a Volunteer Win User

Resolve error code 0x87e00196

Thema:

1. Halo Infinite won't install - Error code 0x87e00196 - Similar Threads - Halo Infinite won't

2. How Do I Get Past The Halo Infinite "Getting profile from platform" screen?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How Do I Get Past The Halo Infinite "Getting profile from platform" screen?: When a new update is rolled out for Halo Infinite it sometimes causes a networking error that prevents me from accessing the online feature of the game. It doesn't progress past the "Getting...
  3. Halo Infinite Stuck on "Signing In..." | PC

in XBoX on Consoles
    Halo Infinite Stuck on "Signing In..." | PC: For the last week or so I have not been able to get into Halo Infinite (PC / Xbox on Windows). I launch the game (either through the desktop shortcut I have or through the Xbox App) and it opens...
  4. Mouse and keyboard only working with Halo Infinit

in XboX Insiders
    Mouse and keyboard only working with Halo Infinit: I'm part of the program and I went to test mouse and keyboard support, and the games I tested: -Sea of Thieves: Only the mouse works; -Mount&Blade 2: Mouse and keyboard do not work; -Halo...
  5. No sign in popup in Halo Infinite [Steam]

in XBoX on Consoles
    No sign in popup in Halo Infinite [Steam]: [img] Hey, Right after i start the game and it wants to catch my gaming profile theres nothing happening, i watched a few videos where theres an Xbox popup opening but its not working for me....
  6. Halo Infinite campaign crossplay with pc and xbox one

in XBoX on Consoles
    Halo Infinite campaign crossplay with pc and xbox one: Halo Infinite campaign crossplay with pc and xbox one is that doable or is it only mulitplayer on xbox live? What the campaige limit for xbox live on campaige? 73574fb4-eb9d-4f5f-9b9f-cd26d73f1979
  7. Why won't Xbox ban PC hackers in HALO Infinite?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why won't Xbox ban PC hackers in HALO Infinite?: Multiple games where players would have as many points as 8-10 players combined. For example a game of 12v12, 1-2 players using PC mods on the opposing team would have as many kills as an entire...
  8. My halo infinite multiplayer won't work.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My halo infinite multiplayer won't work.: I just bought a new xbox series s and installed halo infinite but when i try to play halo infinite it says "content required to play this experience is not yet installed" i have restarted the game...
  9. Halo Infinite Won't Start on PC

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Halo Infinite Won't Start on PC: I have the PC game pass. I want to play Halo Infinite I click start game and the screen comes up saying its loading game getting ready to play then the Halo Infinite game window closes down and...
  10. Halo infinite won't launch - directs me to the Microsoft Store

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Halo infinite won't launch - directs me to the Microsoft Store: Hey, I've been trying to open halo infinite for the past 30 odd mins and it keeps redirecting me to the MS store. The Xbox game pass app says it's installed and I was playing the game fine a few...