Halo Infinite Save File Corruption Bug

Discus and support Halo Infinite Save File Corruption Bug in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_HuUThNaJ0&ab_channel=DustinK 20+ hrs of gameplay gone due to this issue. I don't want to even consider doing a... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by KwanFong, Dec 14, 2021.

1. KwanFong
    KwanFong Guest

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_HuUThNaJ0&ab_channel=DustinK

20+ hrs of gameplay gone due to this issue. I don't want to even consider doing a replay through.

Halo Infinite Save File Corruption Bug [​IMG]

:)

KwanFong, Dec 14, 2021
  2. Francia J. Win User

I apologize for the trouble, in this case, it would be best to submit a report to HALO support in that way they can immediately look into it to check what options you will have in regards to your save file.
  3. Francia J. Win User

Hi KwanFong, I hope you're doing great out there despite the issue that you're experiencing. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regards to your concern.

For cases like this what we initially need to do is to quit the game and perform power cycle in that way once you launch the game your in-game data will just re-sync.

Kindly quit the game and follow the steps below before you re-launch the game.

​​​

POWERCYCLE CONSOLE​​​

​​​

1. Turn off your console by holding the Xbox button on the front of the console for approximately 10 seconds. The console will turn off. ​​​

2. Turn your console back on by pressing the Xbox button on the console or the Xbox button on your controller. ​​​

Also, you may want to submit a ticket to HALO support in that way they can immediately deploy a fix. Here you go: https://support.halowaypoint.com/hc/en-us/reque...
  4. KwanFong Win User

My saving file is gone, I cannot play the game on both XSX and Windows 10
  5. DARTH DINOBOT Win User

Halo Infinite - Saved game loading issues.

6. JamieFreer Win User

Halo Infinite - Saved game loading issues.

UPDATE: OK after further research this looks to be a game breaking save file corruption bug and there is currently no way to fix it. 343 are said to be aware of the bug for over 2 weeks now but have not yet released an update to resolve the issue. You have the create a new save starting over from the beginning of the game, losing all progress made up to that point.

With all the bugs being reported by other gamers and missing features such as campaign co-op and mission replays I am personally done with Halo Infinite as it is quite clearly in a unfinished state. I have already lost over 18 hours of game play because of my game save becoming corrupted and not going to spend any more time with Halo Infinite as there is a possibility of it happen again at any point.

I am playing on XBOX only and was not prompted to resign in at any point prior to this bug happening as others have reported.
Thema:

1. Halo Infinite Save File Corruption Bug - Similar Threads - Halo Infinite Save

2. How Do I Get Past The Halo Infinite "Getting profile from platform" screen?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How Do I Get Past The Halo Infinite "Getting profile from platform" screen?: When a new update is rolled out for Halo Infinite it sometimes causes a networking error that prevents me from accessing the online feature of the game. It doesn't progress past the "Getting...
  3. Halo Infinite Stuck on "Signing In..." | PC

in XBoX on Consoles
    Halo Infinite Stuck on "Signing In..." | PC: For the last week or so I have not been able to get into Halo Infinite (PC / Xbox on Windows). I launch the game (either through the desktop shortcut I have or through the Xbox App) and it opens...
  4. Mouse and keyboard only working with Halo Infinit

in XboX Insiders
    Mouse and keyboard only working with Halo Infinit: I'm part of the program and I went to test mouse and keyboard support, and the games I tested: -Sea of Thieves: Only the mouse works; -Mount&Blade 2: Mouse and keyboard do not work; -Halo...
  5. No sign in popup in Halo Infinite [Steam]

in XBoX on Consoles
    No sign in popup in Halo Infinite [Steam]: [img] Hey, Right after i start the game and it wants to catch my gaming profile theres nothing happening, i watched a few videos where theres an Xbox popup opening but its not working for me....
  6. Halo Infinite campaign crossplay with pc and xbox one

in XBoX on Consoles
    Halo Infinite campaign crossplay with pc and xbox one: Halo Infinite campaign crossplay with pc and xbox one is that doable or is it only mulitplayer on xbox live? What the campaige limit for xbox live on campaige? 73574fb4-eb9d-4f5f-9b9f-cd26d73f1979
  7. Halo infinite pc controller sensitivity

in XBoX on Consoles
    Halo infinite pc controller sensitivity: So I’ve been playing halo infinite for about a year and a half now on my PC and I’ve haven’t had much problems but I noticed as of late my PC controller is now very weird because the sensitivity...
  8. Xbox to do a Market push of Halo Infinite and its amazing state.

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox to do a Market push of Halo Infinite and its amazing state.: Halo is Xbox’s biggest IPs and it’s no small news that the launch has dragged the game through the mud a lot. However recently and I’d say all of 2023 and starting 2024 Halo infinite is one of the...
  9. Halo Infinite Campaign not saving?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Halo Infinite Campaign not saving?: I have been playing Halo Infinite through steam, and recently purchased the campaign DLC and thought I would give it a try. I have put about 5 hours into my save, but unfortunately the game...
  10. Xbox series X, Halo Infinite settings does not save. How to fix it?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox series X, Halo Infinite settings does not save. How to fix it?: Everytime I start a game (not the game himself), my settings get back to default. Basically, I start a quick play. The moment I get back in the menu, settings get reset. It also makes my...