Halo Infinite on PC won't install past 49% 0x80070005 error.

Discus and support Halo Infinite on PC won't install past 49% 0x80070005 error. in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Can anyone please help with the above problem? I'm trying to pre-install Halo Infinite through Game Pass on PC. I've; 1. uninstalled/re-installed the... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by BurgundyKings, Dec 5, 2021.

1. Halo Infinite on PC won't install past 49% 0x80070005 error.

Can anyone please help with the above problem? I'm trying to pre-install Halo Infinite through Game Pass on PC.

I've;

1. uninstalled/re-installed the xbox app.

2. reset the microsoft store,

3. updated drivers/windows updates.

Google tells me its something to do with folder permissions but that's above my paygrade. If someone from Microsoft has come across a fix for this issue I'd be very appreciative.

:)

BurgundyKings, Dec 5, 2021
  2. XBF-JoannaDark Win User

Hi, BurgundyKings,

I am sorry to hear that you still have issues installing Halo Infinite. Besides Halo, can you install the other games available on PC Game Pass? If the recommended solutions I provided did not resolve the problem, you might have to attempt a Windows refresh or even a clean install as the last option. But before you do that, let's try one last thing to avoid having to refresh or clean install.

1. Get the Xbox Insider Hub app | Xbox Support would you please click on this link and then join the Xbox windows insider group.
    2. Open the insider hub
    3. Join Windows gaming
    4. This will then give you the newest version of the Xbox App
    5. Apply the updates
    6. then attempt to reinstall Halo
    How to refresh, reset, or restore your PC (microsoft.com), make sure to choose Refresh your PC to reinstall Windows and keep your personal files and settings. Refresh also keeps the apps that came with your PC and the apps you installed from the Microsoft Store.

Please let me know if this resolved your problem.
  3. StevenTillson Win User

To repair and rest the Gaming Services, follow the below-given steps!

• Press Win + I on your keyboard or type Settings in the search box to open the Settings App
    • Now, click on Apps and then click on Apps & Features.
    • Click on Apps and Features from Windows PC Settings
    • Use the search box to find Gaming Services and click on the Advanced option by right-clicking it (for Windows 11, click on three dots on the right)
    • Find Gaming Services App and Click on Advanced Option
    • Scroll down a bit and click on the Repair option and try to launch the game from the Xbox App.
    • Click on Repair Option from the Advanced Options of Gaming Services
    • If you’re still facing the issue, click on the Reset option and launch the Halo Infinite game from the Xbox App.
    • Click on Reset Option from the Advanced Options of Gaming Services
    • While this method worked for a lot of Halo Infinite gamers, it may not work for you. In such a case, you can proceed with the other methods explained below.
    If you are still facing issues then follow this detailed guide to fix Halo Infinite Campaign Not Working error.
  4. XBF-JoannaDark Win User

Hello Generalissimo,

Thank you for updating me, and sorry to hear that the solutions I recommended did not work for you. Let me provide the following suggestions, and please let me know if they worked for you. Also, if this is folder permission, I will provide how to take control of folders to gain admin access. But if that does not work, there is something taking precedence over your admin rights. Also, can you install all other games within the Xbox app?

Solution 1: Signing in and out of the Xbox App

• Open The Xbox App
    • Sign out of your account
    • Look for the Halo Infinite Campaign
    • Then select install
    • You will be prompted with an error or to sign in
    • Sign in and click pre-install
    • confirm that the issue is no longer there
    Solution 2: How to take ownership of files and folders on Windows 10

1. Open File Explorer.
    2. Browse and find the file or folder you want to have full access.
    3. Right-click it, and select Properties.
    4. Click the Security tab to access the NTFS permissions.
    5. Click the Advanced button.

[​IMG]

On the "Advanced Security Settings" page, you need to click the Change link, in the Owner's field.

[​IMG]

7. Click the Advanced button.

8.On the "Select User or Group" page, click the Find Now button.

9.From the search result, select your user account, and click OK.

[​IMG]

10.On the "Select User or Group" page, click OK.

11.Click Apply.

12.Click OK

13.Click OK again.

14.Click OK one more time to complete this task..

Solution 3: Wait for the game to go live and then Update via Windows store

• The game will unlock at 10 AM PST
    Solution 4: Id you continue to have issues and none of the solutions I provided are working, then I would suggest to please back up all your data and make sure that you have product keys to your personal programs and perform a clean installation of the operating system, which will fix any permission issues or corrupt files you may have.

I hope these suggestions help! If this answers your question, please mark the thread as “Answered.”
  5. Generalissimo Win User

This is happening to me as well. I also definitely have enough hard drive space.
  6. Generalissimo Win User

I just spent the last hour attempting each of these suggestions. Unfortunately, the error still occurs for me.
Thema:

1. Halo Infinite on PC won't install past 49% 0x80070005 error. - Similar Threads - Halo Infinite won't

2. How Do I Get Past The Halo Infinite "Getting profile from platform" screen?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How Do I Get Past The Halo Infinite "Getting profile from platform" screen?: When a new update is rolled out for Halo Infinite it sometimes causes a networking error that prevents me from accessing the online feature of the game. It doesn't progress past the "Getting...
  3. Halo Infinite Stuck on "Signing In..." | PC

in XBoX on Consoles
    Halo Infinite Stuck on "Signing In..." | PC: For the last week or so I have not been able to get into Halo Infinite (PC / Xbox on Windows). I launch the game (either through the desktop shortcut I have or through the Xbox App) and it opens...
  4. Mouse and keyboard only working with Halo Infinit

in XboX Insiders
    Mouse and keyboard only working with Halo Infinit: I'm part of the program and I went to test mouse and keyboard support, and the games I tested: -Sea of Thieves: Only the mouse works; -Mount&Blade 2: Mouse and keyboard do not work; -Halo...
  5. No sign in popup in Halo Infinite [Steam]

in XBoX on Consoles
    No sign in popup in Halo Infinite [Steam]: [img] Hey, Right after i start the game and it wants to catch my gaming profile theres nothing happening, i watched a few videos where theres an Xbox popup opening but its not working for me....
  6. Halo Infinite campaign crossplay with pc and xbox one

in XBoX on Consoles
    Halo Infinite campaign crossplay with pc and xbox one: Halo Infinite campaign crossplay with pc and xbox one is that doable or is it only mulitplayer on xbox live? What the campaige limit for xbox live on campaige? 73574fb4-eb9d-4f5f-9b9f-cd26d73f1979
  7. Why won't Xbox ban PC hackers in HALO Infinite?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why won't Xbox ban PC hackers in HALO Infinite?: Multiple games where players would have as many points as 8-10 players combined. For example a game of 12v12, 1-2 players using PC mods on the opposing team would have as many kills as an entire...
  8. My halo infinite multiplayer won't work.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My halo infinite multiplayer won't work.: I just bought a new xbox series s and installed halo infinite but when i try to play halo infinite it says "content required to play this experience is not yet installed" i have restarted the game...
  9. Halo Infinite Won't Start on PC

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Halo Infinite Won't Start on PC: I have the PC game pass. I want to play Halo Infinite I click start game and the screen comes up saying its loading game getting ready to play then the Halo Infinite game window closes down and...
  10. Halo infinite won't launch - directs me to the Microsoft Store

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Halo infinite won't launch - directs me to the Microsoft Store: Hey, I've been trying to open halo infinite for the past 30 odd mins and it keeps redirecting me to the MS store. The Xbox game pass app says it's installed and I was playing the game fine a few...