Halo Infinite Download stuck, won't let me cancel or start it

Discus and support Halo Infinite Download stuck, won't let me cancel or start it in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; So I started to download halo infinite 2 days ago and stopped the download after 3 Gb was done. After that the next day I tried to start it again and... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Bradley Van der linde, Jan 3, 2022.

1. Halo Infinite Download stuck, won't let me cancel or start it

So I started to download halo infinite 2 days ago and stopped the download after 3 Gb was done. After that the next day I tried to start it again and when ever I click on resume it just comes up with the download bar for a millisecond then disappears. all my attempts to download it or delete it and restart are not working and I haven't even gotten any error codes. if anyone knows how to help that would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

:)

Bradley Van der linde, Jan 3, 2022
  2. Bradley Van der lind Win User

Hi thanks for the reply, it's on the Xbox app and the app is up to date, the issue is with the Halo infinite (Campaign) one. It also give me the option to try and launch the game even tho it isn't even close to completely downloaded, when I use the option to launch the game nothing happens
  3. XBF - Dom Win User

Thank you for reaching out ZuperLucaZ!

I've responded to the OP with a pretty lengthy post. Can you try the troubleshooting steps provided to confirm whether or not they're successful for you?

Thank You,

XBF Dom
  4. XBF - Dom Win User

Thank you for the update!

It's been a while, are you still experiencing this issue? Are there any other games that are give you similar results?

Do you have another storage device that you can install games on? If so, you can try changing the default install location for the Xbox app:

- Open the Xbox app

- Click your profile icon in the top right

- Select Settings

- Under settings, select General in the left panel

In the General window, select the other storage device in the drop-down menu under "Change where the app installs games by default" Close the app and reopen it before trying to install the game again.

You can also try reinstalling your Gaming services as we've seen this fix similar issues in the past:

Reinstall the Gaming Services app on your Windows 10/11 device:

1. Select the Search icon on the taskbar, type powershell, right-click on Windows PowerShell, and then select Run as administrator.
    2. In Windows PowerShell, type the following command and press Enter:get-appxpackage Microsoft.GamingServices | remove-AppxPackage -allusers
    3. In the same window, type the following command and press Enter:start ms-windows-store://pdp/?productid=9MWPM2CQNLHN
    4. Install the app on that page and select Yes when you receive the User Account Control (UAC) prompt.
    5. Restart your device and try to install the game again.
    You can find this under the "Still having problems" step in the "Troubleshoot game installations on a Windows device" article on the Xbox support website here: Troubleshoot game installations on a Windows device | Xbox Support.

We suggest trying all troubleshooting methods included in the article if the one provided above doesn't work.

If this issue is only affecting Halo Infinite, then we recommend submitting a support ticket through their support website here: Submit a request – Halo Support (halowaypoint.com)

Looking forward to hearing back,

XBF Dom
  5. XBF - Dom Win User

Hello Bradley Van der linde,

Thank you for reaching out to us about your issue!

Are you trying to download Halo Infinite on Steam or through the Xbox app?

If it's the Xbox app, can you verify that your Xbox app and Gaming services are up to date?

Open the Xbox App

• Click your profile icon at the top right corner of the page
    • Select "Settings"
    • Select "About" on the left panel
    The first set of numbers under "Version" will display the current version of your Xbox App.

Current versions:

Xbox App: 2112.1001.10.0

Gaming Services: 3.60.12001.0

Also, is "Halo Infinite (Campaign)" giving you trouble or is it "Halo Infinite" (Multiplayer)? Have you tried downloading any other games?
  6. ZuperLucaZ Win User

damn ghosted by the employee, roughly same issue here
Thema:

1. Halo Infinite Download stuck, won't let me cancel or start it - Similar Threads - Halo Infinite Download

2. How Do I Get Past The Halo Infinite "Getting profile from platform" screen?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How Do I Get Past The Halo Infinite "Getting profile from platform" screen?: When a new update is rolled out for Halo Infinite it sometimes causes a networking error that prevents me from accessing the online feature of the game. It doesn't progress past the "Getting...
  3. Halo Infinite Stuck on "Signing In..." | PC

in XBoX on Consoles
    Halo Infinite Stuck on "Signing In..." | PC: For the last week or so I have not been able to get into Halo Infinite (PC / Xbox on Windows). I launch the game (either through the desktop shortcut I have or through the Xbox App) and it opens...
  4. Mouse and keyboard only working with Halo Infinit

in XboX Insiders
    Mouse and keyboard only working with Halo Infinit: I'm part of the program and I went to test mouse and keyboard support, and the games I tested: -Sea of Thieves: Only the mouse works; -Mount&Blade 2: Mouse and keyboard do not work; -Halo...
  5. No sign in popup in Halo Infinite [Steam]

in XBoX on Consoles
    No sign in popup in Halo Infinite [Steam]: [img] Hey, Right after i start the game and it wants to catch my gaming profile theres nothing happening, i watched a few videos where theres an Xbox popup opening but its not working for me....
  6. Halo Infinite campaign crossplay with pc and xbox one

in XBoX on Consoles
    Halo Infinite campaign crossplay with pc and xbox one: Halo Infinite campaign crossplay with pc and xbox one is that doable or is it only mulitplayer on xbox live? What the campaige limit for xbox live on campaige? 73574fb4-eb9d-4f5f-9b9f-cd26d73f1979
  7. Halo infinite pc controller sensitivity

in XBoX on Consoles
    Halo infinite pc controller sensitivity: So I’ve been playing halo infinite for about a year and a half now on my PC and I’ve haven’t had much problems but I noticed as of late my PC controller is now very weird because the sensitivity...
  8. Xbox to do a Market push of Halo Infinite and its amazing state.

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox to do a Market push of Halo Infinite and its amazing state.: Halo is Xbox’s biggest IPs and it’s no small news that the launch has dragged the game through the mud a lot. However recently and I’d say all of 2023 and starting 2024 Halo infinite is one of the...
  9. My halo infinite game isn't downloading or showing up

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My halo infinite game isn't downloading or showing up: I have used 60 of my points for halo infinite and redeemed the game on my Xbox but it didn't go to queue or owned games what should I do to get my game on my Xbox or to get a new code...
  10. halo infinite on pc windows 11 : it was asking me to download 440 GB of campaign but i...

in XBoX on Windows
    halo infinite on pc windows 11 : it was asking me to download 440 GB of campaign but i...: halo infinite on pc windows 11 : at launch and first setting, it was asking me to download 440 GB of campaign but i exited the game after 5 minutes before it finished downloading all, and now it...