Halo 5 stuck Installing/Updating at 100%

Discus and support Halo 5 stuck Installing/Updating at 100% in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I purchased Halo 5 as a digital download and the game took several hours to get all the data downloaded (I had to let it run overnight, despite an... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by KeyanReid, Oct 30, 2015.

1. KeyanReid
    KeyanReid Guest

I purchased Halo 5 as a digital download and the game took several hours to get all the data downloaded (I had to let it run overnight, despite an unimpeded 50mbps download rate at my house). However, now the game is showing that it is alternately "installing"
    (in Xbox Store) or "Updating" (Games and Apps) with the progress bar at 100%, where it has apparently become stuck. It has been roughly an hour with the 100% indicator lodged in place, even after a soft and hard reset.

:)

KeyanReid, Oct 30, 2015
  2. PLW Smokie
    PLW Smokie Guest
    Ghost Expansion Download?

Yep, stuck here updating at 100%, have no idea what to do

PLW Smokie, Oct 30, 2015
  3. Ch3m
    Ch3m Guest
    Re-installing the game even though..

Does yours say installing or updating? Mine never unlocked at 3:01AM so I clicked on it and it took me to the store where it said "installing." Right now it's stuck at 1% and it says updating but I'm pretty sure it's re installing the game. I'll never pre
    order anything off of the xbox store again. Microsoft just can't do anything right.

4. XB1R Theos
    XB1R Theos Guest

Hi Keyan Reid,

Are you still experiencing this issue?

If you still are experiencing this issue, I would like for you to attempt some of the troubleshooting steps that I'm going to provide. Before anything else, go to settings, power & startup, restart now. If the game still does not finish downloading (since
    it is stuck at 100%), we may need to do the following steps: highlight Halo 5: Guardians, press the menu button, press manage game, you're going to select uninstall all. We will uninstall Halo 5. Afterwards, you're going to settings, account, remove accounts,
    then select your profile. Lastly, you're going to repeat the earlier step by going to settings, power & startup and selecting restart now. Once your console is completely turned on, sign in to your Microsoft Account to your Xbox One and download Halo 5 by
    going into games & apps, games, go to the right until you see ready to install.

I look forward to hearing from you.

XB1R Theos, Oct 31, 2015
  5. KeyanReid
    KeyanReid Guest
    Hello,

I did not perform the steps you mentioned, as the game started the download process all over again without my intervention. This occurred roughly an hour after my initial posting - as of this time, it is at 63% after several hours of activity.

I've run several bandwidth tests that have averaged around 40-50mpbs download/60mpbs upload, yet the download for Halo 5 is taking way longer than the download speed chart provided on this site indicates should be the case. Are there any recommendations
    for this, or is this a known issue with Microsoft?

KeyanReid, Nov 1, 2018
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema: