Halo 5 - Partner can play, I can't (error authorising user message)

Discus and support Halo 5 - Partner can play, I can't (error authorising user message) in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, I am at a complete loss here. I have been playing through the Halo 5 campaign but for days now I can't even get past the main menu as I am... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by AliviaQ8, Jul 28, 2023.

1. AliviaQ8
    AliviaQ8 Guest

Hello,

I am at a complete loss here. I have been playing through the Halo 5 campaign but for days now I can't even get past the main menu as I am greeted with the message 'Attention, error authorising user with Halo 5: Guardians services. You will be unable to access online modes.'

My partner, who is on the same Xbox can log in fine and proceed to play the game.

The only thing that changed was recently I ended my Game Pass Ultimate subscription and my partner got it instead. Other game pass games work absolutely fine.

When this first happened we thought maybe it was because I still needed Xbox Live Gold membership so I signed up for 3 months of gold, and the game worked fine. But then the very next day the message returned.

I have read various threads online and tried multiple things including

• Checking my NAT is set to open (it is)
    • Doing a network reset
    • Unplugging the console fully to do a power cycle
    • Reset the console and removed all accounts
    • Made sure the Xbox is set to home for my partner who has Game Pass Ultimate
    As a side note, after we did the console reset and signed back in with our accounts my partners one did a sync when opening Halo 5 to retrieve the backup save files. Mine did not, that syncing page never appeared and I just get spammed with the message. To be clear, I can't even get to the page where it says Campaign, Multiplayer, Forge etc.

Any help or suggestions will be greatly appreciated as I am out of ideas now!

Update: I bought the game digitally as it was on sale but it made no difference.

:)

AliviaQ8, Jul 28, 2023
  2. P15T0LWH1PT Win User

Issue download DLC armor pack in Halo 5

To futher this I have 2 gamertags as stupidly set one up without realizing when bought my xbox one. Kiersten said my second tag activated this code but when I change profile it wont let my second tag go online. Error is "Error authorising user with halo
    5 guardian services"
  3. TheLeninOfLove Win User

Error Authorising User

Thanks for the suggestion. Will look into this but Microsoft need to sort this out anyway. I really think this forum is the weakest aspect of MS support. Might as well talk to a wall.
  4. HUMAN CANONBALL Win User

Error Authorising User

To Adamski Alders, I had the same connection problem, wouldn't let me play online or co-op. Followed your advice and hey presto I'm online now. Good stuff
  5. Adamski Alders Win User

Error Authorising User

I may have a solution, may being the operative word. I have Sky Broadband complete with a safety feature called Sky Broadband shield which blocks Adult/18+ rated content between the hours of 5.30am and 9pm. Yesterday and right now the only time I have gotten
    Halo 5 to work is after the watershed so after all of my "fixes" I think it maybe the broadband not the game.

Check your broadband for any Adult filters/Parental Controls and see if that may be causing it.
  6. Adamski Alders Win User

Error Authorising User

@Lenin - I've played other games since and all my online works fine, checked all of my connections, even turned it off and on again but nothing worked. Got bored sitting here trawling the internet looking for answers(the most common being "its Day 1 - problems
    happen" - which isn't bloody helpful at all) so I'm now blowing people up on World of Tanks to try and cheer myself up. I would've played Titanfall but sadly had to delete it to install bloody Halo 5.
Thema:

1. Halo 5 - Partner can play, I can't (error authorising user message) - Similar Threads - Halo Partner play

2. Halo 3

in XBoX on Consoles
    Halo 3: So i got a 360 disc of halo 3 and for some reason it send me to blue ray saying i cant play it here even tho i have before i just uninstalled it. The disc isnt damaged and its been cleaned...
  3. I am playing Halo 4 Reclaimer and I keep glitching.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I am playing Halo 4 Reclaimer and I keep glitching.: I am playing Halo 4 Reclaimer and I keep glitching. when “the terrain is too rough to proceed” I cannot switch weapons, reload, move, shoot, etc. I’m just stuck and can only turn in place. My...
  4. How Do I Get Past The Halo Infinite "Getting profile from platform" screen?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How Do I Get Past The Halo Infinite "Getting profile from platform" screen?: When a new update is rolled out for Halo Infinite it sometimes causes a networking error that prevents me from accessing the online feature of the game. It doesn't progress past the "Getting...
  5. Halo Infinite Stuck on "Signing In..." | PC

in XBoX on Consoles
    Halo Infinite Stuck on "Signing In..." | PC: For the last week or so I have not been able to get into Halo Infinite (PC / Xbox on Windows). I launch the game (either through the desktop shortcut I have or through the Xbox App) and it opens...
  6. Communication Problems Xbox wireless headset - Halo 5 Coop

in XBoX on Consoles
    Communication Problems Xbox wireless headset - Halo 5 Coop: Hi, My son and I have an issue hearing / talking to eachother in Halo 5 Coop. 2 - seperate copies of Halo 5. My Setup: Xbox Wireless Headset Xbox Series X - wired connection to the modem...
  7. Halo wars DE on Xbox one not connecting to multiplayer. Uninstalled the game and it still...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Halo wars DE on Xbox one not connecting to multiplayer. Uninstalled the game and it still...: Halo wars DE on Xbox one not connecting to multiplayer. Uninstalled the game and it still won’t connect any advise. 36b00320-79cb-4163-953b-3c7b1e9394a0
  8. Mouse and keyboard only working with Halo Infinit

in XboX Insiders
    Mouse and keyboard only working with Halo Infinit: I'm part of the program and I went to test mouse and keyboard support, and the games I tested: -Sea of Thieves: Only the mouse works; -Mount&Blade 2: Mouse and keyboard do not work; -Halo...
  9. Halo MCC - Looking for Campaign Partner

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Halo MCC - Looking for Campaign Partner: Hey! Im looking for someone to go through all the campaigns with me on Legendary. On the way I'd like to try and find all the skulls and terminals. Leave a comment on here if you're up for it....
  10. Need a co-op partner for halo sparton ****

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Need a co-op partner for halo sparton ****: I can not seem to get a game and would love to get these achievements, I'm willing to help anyone get it also. Thanks 90965ef6-3353-4324-8a15-7d0fc53cfdf3