Halo 4 Spartan Ops Backwards Compatibility problems on Xbox One

Discus and support Halo 4 Spartan Ops Backwards Compatibility problems on Xbox One in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I am trying to play through Halo 4 Spartan Ops on an original Xbox 360 disc via Backwards Compatibility on my Xbox One. Spartan Ops episode 1-5 are... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by JoelPorter2, Jul 30, 2021.

1. JoelPorter2
    JoelPorter2 Guest

I am trying to play through Halo 4 Spartan Ops on an original Xbox 360 disc via Backwards Compatibility on my Xbox One. Spartan Ops episode 1-5 are only on the games second disc and cannot be launched from disc 1. Unfortunately though, the second disc wont boot and states that it is not on the list of backwards compatible games. So i am left unable to play Spartan Ops via the Halo 4 disc. I am curious as to why this is functioning like this. Plenty of Xbox 360 games had second discs for multiplayer and Halo ODST came with a second disc for multiplayer and that functions on the Xbox One. Is there a solution to this problem?

I do own MCC and can play Spartan Ops through that but I am specifically trying to play through Halo 4 360 version.

:)

JoelPorter2, Jul 30, 2021
  2. StuartATrueRed Win User

Xbox360 S available halo titles

Yeah, You can get:

Halo CE (Original Xbox Backward Compatible)

Halo 2 (Original Xbox Backward Compatible)

Halo 3

Halo 4

Halo Reach

Halo 3 ODST

Halo Wars

Halo Spartan Assault

Halo CE Anniversary

Any of these can be played solo, and offline if you wish.
  3. Torchstone Win User

Actually that wouldn't be the reason since we were able to play multiplayer since MCC was released. Also, if a title is not BC then it simply would not load.

So there is some other issue at play here.

Also BTW, Halo 4 servers seem to be down already even though I thought they were shutting them down at the end of the year.

Does anyone know anything about if this is a temporary outage before they shut the servers down permanently?

What is lame is that it won't even let me do the firefights solo.

Thanks for any help/news.
  4. SammyVS Win User

Thanks for contacting us my name is Samy, I am an Independent Advisor and I will be helping you today.

How are you, mate?

The reason for this is that there is an Xbox One version of the game. That's why you can't run the Xbox 360 version on Xbox One.
  5. JoSeAnToN10 Win User

Spartan Ops videos not playing

I have the same problem, i cant play the cinematics from the spartan ops and i tryed reinstall the spartan ops and all the halo 4 stuff but it didnt works
  6. StuartATrueRed Win User

Bioshock Series

Hi, there has been a number of xbox 360 games that also got released on xbox one, but still got made backward compatible, eg Halo Spartan Assault, Monopoly Plus, and Saints Row IV. So you never know, the games may eventually become backward compatible.
Thema:

1. Halo 4 Spartan Ops Backwards Compatibility problems on Xbox One - Similar Threads - Halo Spartan Ops

2. Halo Spartan Strike and Halo Spartan Assault on Steam don't work on Windows 11

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Halo Spartan Strike and Halo Spartan Assault on Steam don't work on Windows 11: When they came out they worked fine, but now when I launch either game on Steam I get a black screen and the game locks up. I have a good system, Ryzen 7 5800X and RTX 4070 with 16gb of RAM, games...
  3. I have completed halo mcc Spartan ops all on legendary solo and haven’t been given the...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I have completed halo mcc Spartan ops all on legendary solo and haven’t been given the...: I have completed halo mcc Spartan ops all on legendary solo and haven’t been given my achievements please fix this because I just spent god knows amount of hours getting these achievements but I...
  4. Halo MCC - Spartan Ops Episode Completion Achievements Not Unlocking

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Halo MCC - Spartan Ops Episode Completion Achievements Not Unlocking: I am currently nearing completion of Spartan Ops solo legendary, but three of my episode achievements have not triggered. Specifically, Catherine, Scattered, and Invasion. My progress is shown...
  5. Are Halo 4 Spartan Ops still available to play on Xbox 360?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Are Halo 4 Spartan Ops still available to play on Xbox 360?: So, I have Xbox Live Gold on my Xbox 360 and I want to know if it is still possible to obtain the "Knight Helmet" award from the achievement: "Knight in White Assassination" on Halo 4. When I...
  6. How do I sign into Halo: Spartan Assault?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I sign into Halo: Spartan Assault?: I am currently playing this game through PC game pass. Every single time I open it, it shows me a sign in option. When I click "sign in," an error shows up that says "Sorry, we can't sign you in....
  7. I purchased Halo Spartan Strike and Halo Spartan Assault on XBOX PC app and the instal...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I purchased Halo Spartan Strike and Halo Spartan Assault on XBOX PC app and the instal...: I purchased Halo Spartan Strike and Halo Spartan Assault on XBOX PC app and the instal button is missing, instead there is a sad face, can someone help me fix? [img]...
  8. Halo: Spartan Strike login error

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Halo: Spartan Strike login error: Hi, I have recently bought Halo: Spartan Strike on my computer but I can't seem to login. I think the issue is that when I first opened it, a pop-up game up saying If I want to use a particular...
  9. Halo MCC Spartan Ops - Achievements Not Unlocking

in XBoX on Windows
    Halo MCC Spartan Ops - Achievements Not Unlocking: Completed all Spartan ops on legendary on my long road to 100% before realizing none of the achievements popped. Is there a fix for this, no forum seemed to have a solution, just other people...
  10. Halo: Spartan **** - Co-Op Achievements

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Halo: Spartan **** - Co-Op Achievements: Hey, I was hoping that there are some people out there on Xbox who are interested in going through the game and getting the co-op achievements. I was hoping this game had split-screen. Send me an...