Had to switch to core now I can't play online

Discus and support Had to switch to core now I can't play online in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Game pass expired now I can't play online with core ...I reset the Xbox ,logged out , still nothing 368c5e90-363e-4956-8207-bf57f92349ce Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by LMG012 Gusias, Dec 17, 2023.

1. Had to switch to core now I can't play online

Game pass expired now I can't play online with core ...I reset the Xbox ,logged out , still nothing

:)

LMG012 Gusias, Dec 17, 2023
  2. Courtney Todd Win User

Hi LMG012 G, my name is Courtney and I would be happy to help.

To understand the problem even more, I would like to ask you some questions so that I can provide you with better help. Did your Game Pass subscription expire before the estimated date?

And if you would be so kind as to offer me more details about the problem, I would appreciate it.

Best regards,
    Courtney.
  3. Smwutches Win User

Can't Play Hell Let Loose Because Gamepass Core

You can't. Game Pass Core (formerly Gold) or Ultimate (which includes Core) are required to play online with the exception of free-to-play games.
  4. Esmer Vargas Win User

I purchased Xbox game pass core, but I can’t play online because it says I need Xbox live

Me too. I just bought game pass core, but I can't play online. Is there any way to fix it?
  5. Smwutches Win User

Minecraft on Xbox

Game Pass Core (or Ultimate which includes Core) is required to play online. If you haven't had the subscription before, then typically that would mean someone else had your console as their Home and you were using their subscription.
  6. Smwutches Win User

Why do i need core and console or ultimate to play game pass games multiplayer?

Core has always been needed to play it online. If you were able to play it before without Core/Ultimate, then it's possible someone else had your console set as their Home which was allowing you to share their subscription. If they moved their Home or lost their subscription, you would no longer be able to play online.
Thema:

1. Had to switch to core now I can't play online - Similar Threads - switch core can't

2. How do I switch my Xbox series s from IPv4 to IPv6?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I switch my Xbox series s from IPv4 to IPv6?: My Xbox is set to IPv4 but I’m not sure how to switch to IPv6 217ba0e3-ac1f-4487-b486-456a8a78905c
  3. My friend can’t join my world on Nintendo switch Minecraft?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    My friend can’t join my world on Nintendo switch Minecraft?: We both have Nintendo switch online subs, and also Microsoft accounts. But for some reason it won’t connect. We’ve tried restarting both switches, changed internets, tried hotspots, unfriending...
  4. Why is it when i am in a party it appears that i am in game chat and it wont switch back to...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why is it when i am in a party it appears that i am in game chat and it wont switch back to...: Ive already tried turning off my network and turning it back on it only worked once and never worked again 4ba9d188-ee0b-436b-af88-34bab5a9371f
  5. So my xbox ones randomly switched itself off, waited a min, powered it up, had sound but no...

in XBoX on Consoles
    So my xbox ones randomly switched itself off, waited a min, powered it up, had sound but no...: So my xbox one s randomly switched itself off while in the middle of doing something, so I waited a min, turned it back on... No picture, had sound but no picture, checked hdmi, checked power...
  6. How do I add a friend on Xbox when I’m on nintento switch

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How do I add a friend on Xbox when I’m on nintento switch: How do I become friends online with a Xbox player if I’m on Nintendo switch? f1253c34-1267-4ed1-b5d3-6ebe6c62f346
  7. Is it possible to get my home xbox switch back?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is it possible to get my home xbox switch back?: i accidentally used my last switch when my friend tried switching my xbox to his home. now i have no more switches and cannot play any of the games i previously could, could i possibly get a...
  8. Can I connect a Nintendo Switch Pro Controller to Xbox Cloud?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can I connect a Nintendo Switch Pro Controller to Xbox Cloud?: I tried pairing my controller to my PC, and then seeing if it connected to Xbox Cloud, but it didn't work. Is there anything I can do? d57dc4e2-6bb6-40cf-b960-a4ceef224fd7
  9. Discord voice chat does appear on my xbox but I can use it when I switch regions

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Discord voice chat does appear on my xbox but I can use it when I switch regions: So the title describes practically everything, I can't use discord on my xbox, the discord tab just isn't there, but when I switch regions or console location the tab is there and I can use...
  10. I bought xboxgamepass core could it switch to unlimited

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I bought xboxgamepass core could it switch to unlimited: I need to play the good games on it ecae0cca-823a-4201-b035-3693b2095ccf