GTAV's recent (and flawed) update

Discus and support GTAV's recent (and flawed) update in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; BEGIN RANT So, I spent a good chunk of my Saturday playing Grand Theft Auto 5 to try out the new update, which adds new features like new weapons,... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Galactic Geek, Jun 13, 2015.

1. GTAV's recent (and flawed) update

BEGIN RANT

So, I spent a good chunk of my Saturday playing Grand Theft Auto 5 to try out the new update, which adds new features like new weapons, vehicles, clothes, weapon skins, and even a new hood view while driving around in vehicles.

Sounds great, right? WRONG! Rather than say that I spent a good chunk of my Saturday playing it, it's actually more accurate to say that I spent a good chunk of my Saturday TRYING to play it. You see, the update, at least for me, has broken the game while
    playing online. Whenever I join a game, everyone in the game automatically gets kicked out (or I do, and it simply appears that everyone else does). It will also very frequently crash the game to the home screen or even forget that I'm signed in on Xbox Live
    and return me to single player as a result (the latter can't be fixed without restarting the game either.

As it stands, I spend 10 minutes+ waiting on loading screens just to start up GTA Online, and assuming I'm lucky enough to even get there, I can only experience a maximum total of ~5 minutes before 1 of the aforementioned things happens (I know, I've timed
    it, and it ALWAYS does it, as in 100%). I've restarted the game, hard-reset the console, and even reinstalled the entire game (and included content) to no avail.

Rockstar is nowhere near living up to their namesake if they keep releasing broken crap like this. New features? Great! Now, get your bloody game to actually work!

END RANT.

So, what's your take on this new update? Any issues with it?

:)

Galactic Geek, Jun 13, 2015
  2. ShawnStires
    ShawnStires Guest
    Update is Flawed

I disabled the colud storage option and now can install game when I am signed in to xbox live .

ShawnStires, Jun 13, 2015
  3. Miss Portia
    Miss Portia Guest
    Update is Flawed

Hey there Stires - thank you for your update to your thread. Not all games are able to be installed to the hard drive, and you may be experiencing this - does the game as installed now still read constantly from the disc while connected to LIVE?

Miss Portia, Jun 13, 2015
  4. x24hrs2livex
    x24hrs2livex Guest

Sounds like typical GTAV online. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesnt. Its really tye worst MP experience I have had on Xbox One.

x24hrs2livex, Jun 14, 2015
  5. As someone who has never played this game on the 360, I feel like I gotta ask - was it this bad on the previous console? Worse?

Galactic Geek, Jun 14, 2015
  6. ..........

Hello "Galactic Geek" GTAV's recent (and flawed) update :)

Sorry to hear about your issues with that game, I hope that it will be fixed soon.

Have a nice day or afternoon or night "Galactic Geek" GTAV's recent (and flawed) update :)

Lei Fang DOAX3, Jun 14, 2015
  7. Eggnogga
    Eggnogga Guest
    Sucks you had this experience, GG. I just started GTA V for the first time on the One today. Now, I only played single player, but didn't experience any issues.... yet. GTAV's recent (and flawed) update ;)

Eggnogga, Jun 14, 2015
  8. GTAV's recent (and flawed) update

This is way I don't play GTA Online much. It's either a bunch of problems or a bunch of little kids blowing up your cars, cheating the system, and so on.

I am glad to see that they released the cars and weapon in story mode, unlike the last DLC. Plus I really could care less about weapon skins or clothes, because only you see your weapon skin (or anyone else that is spectating you).

aRagingCanadian, Jun 14, 2015
  9. RippenHarra
    RippenHarra Guest
    360 version was just as troublesome. It's a small doses mp game for me and when I do its races with friends or the heists. General free roam and TDM modes I skip.

Red Dead had its share of problems also which came with dlc releases. It's a rockstar feature

RippenHarra, Oct 31, 2018
  10. aRagingCanadian Win User

This is way I don't play GTA Online much. It's either a bunch of problems or a bunch of little kids blowing up your cars, cheating the system, and so on.

I am glad to see that they released the cars and weapon in story mode, unlike the last DLC. Plus I really could care less about weapon skins or clothes, because only you see your weapon skin (or anyone else that is spectating you).
  11. Galactic Geek Win User

As someone who has never played this game on the 360, I feel like I gotta ask - was it this bad on the previous console? Worse?
  12. Eggnogga Win User

Sucks you had this experience, GG. I just started GTA V for the first time on the One today. Now, I only played single player, but didn't experience any issues.... yet. ;)
  13. RippenHarra Win User

360 version was just as troublesome. It's a small doses mp game for me and when I do its races with friends or the heists. General free roam and TDM modes I skip.

Red Dead had its share of problems also which came with dlc releases. It's a rockstar feature
  14. Lei Fang DOAX3 Win User

Hello "Galactic Geek" :)

Sorry to hear about your issues with that game, I hope that it will be fixed soon.

Have a nice day or afternoon or night "Galactic Geek" :)

Thema:

1. GTAV's recent (and flawed) update - Similar Threads - GTAV's recent flawed

2. Sorry this game is not available on your console GtaV online Xbox one s not allowing...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Sorry this game is not available on your console GtaV online Xbox one s not allowing...: Sorry this game or app isn’t compatible Bought GTAV Online for my s series but now it’s saying its not compatible Please help me fix this 8eac72c3-ad2c-4bcc-bc6a-954b8ec761c2
  3. gtav install stops

in XBoX Games and Apps
    gtav install stops: hi I have been here looking at another similar issue and I have tried clearing local save going offline and power cycling the Xbox but install keeps stopping i don't know why i have tried 2...
  4. trying to download the original GTAV on disc but every time it gets to 58.1% its freezes...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    trying to download the original GTAV on disc but every time it gets to 58.1% its freezes...: i try to install original version of GTA V but the game always freezes at 58.1% while installing and everything i tried has not worked, i would like some help with this many thanks Lewis...
  5. GTAV

in XBoX Games and Apps
    GTAV: Every time I try to click install on GTAV it will say stopped so I restarted my Xbox but it’s does the same thing over and over again. 19c86adc-90f9-48eb-aea7-a39ea71dd0ab
  6. I gifted gtav throught xbox x online to an american friend but code is in valid.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I gifted gtav throught xbox x online to an american friend but code is in valid.: I girfted gta v on xbox x to a friend. Fro canada to texes.. Invalid code need help 4ebb241e-177e-421a-a411-a752db65aa1c
  7. GTAV achievements have stopped unlocking on Xbox Series X.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    GTAV achievements have stopped unlocking on Xbox Series X.: Hello, I’ve been playing through the story mode of GTAV and my game/Xbox has stopped registering achievements, both in the story and through gameplay. I am connected to the internet, have...
  8. add back gtaV into the gamepass, please CUZ I ENJOY IT SO MUCH especially that im new to xbox

in XboX Insiders
    add back gtaV into the gamepass, please CUZ I ENJOY IT SO MUCH especially that im new to xbox: add back gtaV into the gamepass, please CUZ I ENJOY IT SO MUCH especially that im new to xbox submitted by /u/raitionalksifan [link] [comments]
  9. Bought Criminal Enterprise Pack and now GTAV is leaving the platform I use!?!

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Bought Criminal Enterprise Pack and now GTAV is leaving the platform I use!?!: Recently discovered that GTAV is leaving the cloud gaming platform. I paid for the Criminal Enterprise Pack DLC, so what happens when GTAV leaves the cloud gaming platform? Will I not have access...
  10. If i buy gta v for windows 10 on computer, do i have to buy it again for xbox

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    If i buy gta v for windows 10 on computer, do i have to buy it again for xbox: I would like to buy gta with the new sale thats going on right now but I dont want to waste money. Can someone help me?