GTA V gets to the Rockstar logo and then freezes with sound still on

Discus and support GTA V gets to the Rockstar logo and then freezes with sound still on in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I also have this issue. I wonder if they've pushed a title update and the previous title update makes the game crash when there's a new title update... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Hunt3dWolf, Dec 9, 2014.

1. GTA V gets to the Rockstar logo and then freezes with sound still on

I also have this issue.

I wonder if they've pushed a title update and the previous title update makes the game crash when there's a new title update lol !!

I'm re installing the entire game just in case to see if that resolves the issue. Only noticed from today. Glad I'm not alone.

Andy Reeves(2), Dec 9, 2014
  2. Thought I'd also add I have the digital version not disc like the OP, mine freezes when the 5th star loads up in top right corner when sirens are sounding, then it will close game and take me back to the home. All 18 of my other digital games start fine,
    GTAV is the only one with the problem.

vSidewayzDriftz, Dec 9, 2014
  3. Hey everyone!

Sorry to hear about the freezing issue, I can definitely understand how frustrating that could be. Let's try a few troubleshooting steps to see if we can get this issue sorted.

Please give the following steps a try:

• Press and hold the power button on your Xbox One console for 10 seconds.
    • Once your console is powered off, unplug the power cord.
    • Wait 5 minutes and then plug in your console.
    • Power on your console and check to see if the issue is continuing to occur.
    • If the issue continues, try uninstalling and reinstalling Grand Theft Auto.
    Give the steps above a try and let us know if you are still experiencing the freezing issue. Thanks!

Mister Quimby, Dec 9, 2014
  4. GTA V gets to the Rockstar logo and then freezes with sound still on

I ended up un-installing GTAV then re-installing and that seems to of fixed the problem, starts fine every time now, so if your still having issues with it freezing give it a try also.

vSidewayzDriftz, Dec 9, 2014
  5. Xbloxo
    Xbloxo Guest
    I have done nothing, and now it works again. GTA V gets to the Rockstar logo and then freezes with sound still on :)

Xbloxo, Nov 1, 2018
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema:

GTA V gets to the Rockstar logo and then freezes with sound still on