GTA IV - Crash/Glitch - Xbox Series X

Discus and support GTA IV - Crash/Glitch - Xbox Series X in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; I recently ran into some tech troubles while playing GTA IV (retrocompatible version) on my Series X (Aug/22 model), and it got me thinking my console... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/BigFaithlessness9709, Feb 5, 2024.

1. GTA IV - Crash/Glitch - Xbox Series X

I recently ran into some tech troubles while playing GTA IV (retrocompatible version) on my Series X (Aug/22 model), and it got me thinking my console was bricked.

It all kicked off after a few hours of gaming. Initially, the game was smooth sailing, but then it would crash, either sending me back to the Xbox home screen or just shutting down the console with no warnings. The same glitchy behavior persisted when I tried giving GTA IV another go.

After this problem, when I attempted to switch to other games, especially the heavy modern games like Lies of Pi and AC's Valhalla, the console would throw in the towel right at the start (static image of the intro), during loading, or just a few seconds into gameplay. It could goes back to the home screen, crash/glitch the game or turns off the console.

So, I followed Microsoft's troubleshooting guide and more:
    1. Reinstalled games
    2. Formatted the hard drive keeping apps and games
    3. Went for the factory reset
    4. Did some ventilation/overheating checks
    5. Ensured I had all the latest system updates (both beta and non-beta versions)

After the procedures, Initially, it seemed like things were back on track. However, the same issues returned in a frustrating loop. And when I say "loop," I mean I went through these procedures countless times.

How I was focused to finish GTA IV, after the fixing, it was the main game that I was running over and over. Same problem. It was when I looked for some Microsoft (expired guarantee) and third party’s tech support without any success.

But I insisted since a Series X is anything but cheap, and it was worth it. The denial was good my pocket afterall.

I began to realize some visual tiny flickering patterns (as if they were dead pixels on my screen) right before the game broke when I was playing GTA IV. It turned out all the nightmare cycle of games not working or the system turning off started after this screen flickering.

It was when I’ve made final factory reset and - for reasons not necessarily conscious - I dropped GTA IV. That time I began to play Lies of Pi, Mass Effect – Legendary Edition and AC’s Valhalla. Now, I write this after one week and about 25 hours of gameplay without any new issue or unproper functionality. 16 out of 25 hours playing Mass Effect and the remaining time playing Valhalla. Yesterday I've play more than 6 hours in a row without any problem. So, I believe I have enough time to say that GTA IV was responsible for this problem from the beginning.
    Hopefully, this marks the resolution to my nightmarish experience of playing GTA IV on my Series X.

submitted by /u/BigFaithlessness9709
    [link] [comments]

/u/BigFaithlessness9709, Feb 5, 2024
  2. elijah singleton Win User

any one know

i have a series X, all i’m tryin to figure out is if there is a way to bring the character from GTA Online X|S To the other GTA full game because it won’t give me an option to log into social club or transfer. It’s just showing the beginner character. It’s not showing my character from GTA online X|S. I have never don’t money glitches by the way.
  3. LegendOfGta Win User

Space docker dune buggy online?

Cute. Love reading your comments (not being sarcastic). HASHxBROWNS has always done this, even with GTA: IV. "X friend got banned for X glitch/exploit/mod". Isn't there a rule against being friends with glitchers/modders HASH?
  4. StuartATrueRed Win User

GTA + doesn't work

GTA+ is only available for the Xbox Series X|S version of the game. If you are using the Xbox One version, then GTA+ will not work. Make sure you are using the Xbox Series X|S version of the game.
  5. Don B1 Win User

When entering the Microsoft store hovering over the buy button for Grand theft Auto v Xbox series x|s edition

I have Xbox one x, want to buy GTA v for Xbox one x|s for $39.99

When hovering over the buy button in Microsoft store on GTA v series x|s a small text bar appears saying. This is not playable on this device.

I have Xbox one x.

But the store says GTA v series x|s is not playable on my Xbox one x.
  6. Francia J. Win User

My shark card money isn’t appearing on my account GTA V

Sorry, you've mentioned that you have purchased the Megalodon Shark Cash Card that is for Xbox Series X|S, but the one that is for Xbox Series X|S is "GTA Online: Megalodon Shark Cash Card (Xbox Series X|S)"
Thema:

GTA IV - Crash/Glitch - Xbox Series X

1. GTA IV - Crash/Glitch - Xbox Series X - Similar Threads - GTA Crash Glitch

2. GTA 5 keeps crashing - Exit code 0xc0000005 indicates a fatal game exit (reason:...

in XBoX on Windows
    GTA 5 keeps crashing - Exit code 0xc0000005 indicates a fatal game exit (reason:...: Hello, i have a problem regarding my GTA 5 (steam version) crashing. This has been happening for quite some time now, and i still can't find a solution. As written in the title, the error code...
  3. Rocket league won’t install / update and GTA V will randomly crash a few minutes into...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Rocket league won’t install / update and GTA V will randomly crash a few minutes into...: There are multiple games that I have owned for many years that I’m having trouble with suddenly. One game called Rocket League tells me I need to update it to play it. Except every time the update...
  4. My GTA 5 gets to the loading screen then crashes and I don't know what to do I have...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My GTA 5 gets to the loading screen then crashes and I don't know what to do I have...: My GTA will not load past the loading screen and I don't know what to do 8f8ce83b-d218-4bcd-8265-29b61bb51ca0
  5. My xbox just crash, there is no error code. I restart it and it still crash, i play GTA 5...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My xbox just crash, there is no error code. I restart it and it still crash, i play GTA 5...: i can’t play any game on my Xbox Series S! I dont know that to do…? be3e62b6-6e82-460c-877a-b4631de32f32
  6. My computer crashes 5-15 mins into a GTA V playing session, is there anyway to fix it?

in XBoX on Consoles
    My computer crashes 5-15 mins into a GTA V playing session, is there anyway to fix it?: Hello, I Have recently built a gaming pc, my problem is that whenever I play GTA V the system reboots or crashes after 5-15 mins of playing it. Specs of system: Motherboard: ROG STRIX B550-A...
  7. HDR or NAT type causing GTA ONLINE to crash?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    HDR or NAT type causing GTA ONLINE to crash?: So basically I been running series x for about 4 months now brand new. With the same settings and has worked without hitch. Up until I recent bought the newly released GTAO(no story mode just the...
  8. Gta san andreas xbox crash

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Gta san andreas xbox crash: When I push resume or load up from my save it crashes and takes me back to the home screen 217666c5-5f90-4454-8df1-26d159991fc8
  9. Gta san andreas xbox crash

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Gta san andreas xbox crash: I installed this from game pass and for the last 2 days when I start up the game and press resume the game shut down 525c5fe9-dec8-47db-8e6e-0679fc5dcd9b
  10. Crash GTA V

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Crash GTA V: Bonjour, j’ai besoin d’aide avec GTA V car il n’arrête pas de crasher au chargement du mode histoire. J’aimerai pouvoir jouer normalement ce jeu sans crasher. Merci. Hello, I need help with GTA...