Grounded not opening after saying "Launching Game" Gamepass PC

Discus and support Grounded not opening after saying "Launching Game" Gamepass PC in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Had Gamepass for a while now and have played multiple other games decided to download Grounded to play with friends but whenever I try to open it, it... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by SeisiaW, May 6, 2023.

1. SeisiaW
    SeisiaW Guest

Had Gamepass for a while now and have played multiple other games decided to download Grounded to play with friends but whenever I try to open it, it says "launching game" for around 5-10 seconds and then it just closes and doesn't actually open the game and gives me no error message, i've already uninstalled and reinstalled the Xbox Games app aswell as the game itself, also tried running the game as admin and even moved the driver that it is installed onto and nothing seems to work. I've also made sure the game is updated, the drivers are updated and all the files have been verified and repaired also turned off antivirus and windows defender and nothing is seeming to work.

Windows Version:
    Grounded not opening after saying "Launching Game" Gamepass PC [​IMG]

:)

SeisiaW, May 6, 2023
  2. Darhyl Mayte Amizola Win User

Thank you for the information.

For our next step, kindly reinstall the Gaming Services app on your Windows 10/11 device:

Select the Search icon on the taskbar, type powershell, right-click on Windows PowerShell, and then select Run as administrator.

In Windows PowerShell, type the following command and press Enter:

get-appxpackage Microsoft.GamingServices | remove-AppxPackage -allusers

In the same window, type the following command and press Enter:

start ms-windows-store://pdp/?productid=9MWPM2CQNLHN

Install the app on that page and select Yes when you receive the User Account Control (UAC) prompt.

Restart your device and try to install the game again.

Once it's done, please check if you're able to launch the game properly.

Reference link: https://support.xbox.com/en-us/help/games-apps/...
  3. Darhyl Mayte Amizola Win User

Hey there!

Nice to meet you! I'm Darhyl, a fellow gamer. I'm sorry you are experiencing this. I am here to help.

There seems to be an increasing volume of cases regarding the missing installed games from the Xbox game pass library of gamers today.

It is possible that this is a temporary Xbox Live service outage.

No worries, let's perform some basic troubleshooting steps in order to fix this, however in the event that this won't work we might need to wait up to 24 - 48 hours for the Xbox engineers to fix the possible service outage.

For the troubleshooting step, kindly make sure to update your Windows, Device Drivers, and Xbox gaming services, here's how:

For Windows:

Press the Start button on the taskbar, type settings, and then select Settings.

On Windows 10, select Update & Security. On Windows 11, select Windows Update.

On the Windows Update page, select Check for Updates to see if any updates are available for your device.

Once the updates have been downloaded, select Install Now to start the installation.

Following installation, we recommend that you restart your device so that the latest updates can take effect.

For Device Drivers:

For the best game performance, make sure your system’s video card drivers (or display adapter drivers) are up to date. Drivers are available on the support website for your computer manufacturer, or if your computer system is custom built, on the video card manufacturer’s support website. Updating video card drivers can resolve game crashes, improve frame rates, and improve overall game performance.

For Xbox gaming services:

Press the Start button on the taskbar, type store, and open the Microsoft Store app.

Select Library.

Under Updates & Downloads, check if there are any updates available for the Xbox app or Gaming Services app. If an update is available, select Update.

Reference link: https://support.xbox.com/en-us/help/games-apps/...

Once it's done, check if the installed Xbox game pass games appear in your library. Please take your time and let me know if it works.
  4. SeisiaW Win User

Thanks for the response but I am able to see the game in my library but whenever I open it, it says "launching game" and then it just closes with no error message and doesn't end up actually opening the game
  5. Jesse Turner2 Win User

Games crash on launch or shortly after launch from Xbox app on PC

Also having trouble launching The Texas Chainsaw Massacre on Xbox GamePass for PC. I have also tried all the steps listed above. It seems that when i reinstall the game the normal popup that appears when a game is launched for the first time that has you link the game to your gamepass account is not popping up so after a few seconds the game just fails to load and closes with no error code.
  6. Dericka Win User

Xbox Gamepass for PC: Grounded crashes to desktop at launch

I understand. Can you please try to uninstall then reinstall the game and try it once more? Thanks!
Thema:

1. Grounded not opening after saying "Launching Game" Gamepass PC - Similar Threads - Grounded opening saying

2. I'm trying to play grounded with my friend I'm on switch He's on xbox. We need to add each...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I'm trying to play grounded with my friend I'm on switch He's on xbox. We need to add each...: I'm trying to play grounded with my friend I'm on switch He's on xbox. We need to add each other as friends. How do we do that? abf59fe2-900f-42be-b844-f2bb61d7ff3b
  3. Grounded crashing

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Grounded crashing: My game is crashing ALL times i try to Join a world, singleplayer or multiplayer, the game start loading and Just crash. ae906208-5e12-4ae0-84b3-8ed0c6972b4c
  4. Grounded Local Multiplayer between PC and Xbox

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Grounded Local Multiplayer between PC and Xbox: Hello! I was wondering if it's possible for me to play local co-op with my sister, where I play on my pc and she plays on xbox with a different account. Does it require gold to do so? I've read...
  5. Connection error in grounded?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Connection error in grounded?: Hey guys, I have an question about the game „Grounded“ I’m having issues to join or create a game. It says no connection or if I want to join a friends game it says „there is no game that...
  6. Grounded Public Test for Update 1.3 Available for Xbox Insiders Today!

in XboX Insiders
    Grounded Public Test for Update 1.3 Available for Xbox Insiders Today!: [IMG] submitted by /u/GuruKronos [link] [comments]
  7. I cannot log into Grounded multiplayer

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I cannot log into Grounded multiplayer: Grounded does not let me log into multiplayer functions because its saying I'm not logged into Xbox. I bought through steam. There's no beta in steam to log into and I've already tried the trick...
  8. Grounded error 0x80070490 on install.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Grounded error 0x80070490 on install.: I tried to install Grounded on PC and got error 0x80070490, tried both Xbox App and MS Store. Reseting and repairing the apps didn't work, also tried clearing cache and it dodn't work. Reinstalled...
  9. Fix Grounded Network Error

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Fix Grounded Network Error: I own grounded on PC and have owned it for a while now but I just experienced an issue where every time I try and go to multiplayer a pop up appears saying "Connected Xbox Network Account...
  10. If clans are larger than 6 playerS. We would love to see Ground War open up!! Maybe go back...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    If clans are larger than 6 playerS. We would love to see Ground War open up!! Maybe go back...: We were good with that 16 vs 16. Now in Ground War it's only 4 per team. What about the rest of the clan? f7c9bcfa-4089-4560-8c9e-f794b2450646