Groove and Media Player won't play my music

Discus and support Groove and Media Player won't play my music in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I find it slightly odd I'm posting this on Xbox support since this if for a PC app but this is where I was directed by the error message. In any case,... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by LLCoolK24, Nov 8, 2017.

1. LLCoolK24
    LLCoolK24 Guest

I find it slightly odd I'm posting this on Xbox support since this if for a PC app but this is where I was directed by the error message. In any case, I tried to play some of my music on my Windows 10 work computer. It's giving me the following error message:

Can't play.

Please try again. If the problem continues, visit www.xbox.com/support to check for guidance.

0xc00d7187

A quick search for the error code on here produced no results. This is music (from a CD I legitimately purchased) that I at one time on my Windows 7 work PC ripped with the WMA protected setting (to prevent the possibility of others "stealing" or my being
    accused of "sharing" content improperly) in Windows Media Player. They do swap out computers periodically at work when they are out of warranty and each successive computer has been able to play my music until now.

Am I missing something? The settings in Windows Media Player are turned on to automatically check if protected files need to be refreshed and to download usage rights when I play/sync a file. Windows Media Player also will fail to play the music giving
    an error message:

Windows Media Player encountered a problem while playing the file.

If I hit the Web Help button, it doesn't provide much assistance:

:)

LLCoolK24, Nov 8, 2017
  2. Alternative to Groove Music?

Are there any decent alternatives to Groove Music? They took away media player for music and Groove is un-usable. It's seriously easier to just use youtube and individually load each song. Groove Music is meant to play pre-selected pandora style tracks and
    is 100% worthless to someone who knows which songs they want to listen to or *gasp* wants to listen to their own mp3s. The worst part is they made it so casting from a device now goes through Groove and counts as "streaming" which requires an outrageously
    expensive subscription.

Groove is a solid 10 steps back in the development of the Xbox. It's user interface is clunky and not geared towards managing music collections or favorites and requires 15 or so steps to select any given song and will randomly decide what music to play for
    you despite your best efforts. I miss the old media player and just want the ability to play my music as I choose.

YoYoMaStEr 911, Nov 8, 2017
  3. Groove Music error 0x800705aa Can't Play.

I used Voice Recorder on my Surface Pro with Windows 10 to record, but it won't play. If I go to the file location and select Open, it launches Groove Music that shows an error code 0x800705aa with message Can't Play. Please try again. If the problem
    continues, visit www.xbox.com/support to check for guidance. Other music won't play with Groove Music either. It used to work before I installed Windows 10. Any help would be appreciated. I tried resetting Groove
    Music in the settings as this was the only info I found online but it didn't help.

SquarePurse7215, Nov 8, 2017
  4. Sanana94 Win User

App Groove Não funciona no xbox one s 2018 [Translation - Groove APP does not work on Xbox One s 2018]

Hello there,

Unfortunately Groove music is no longer supported and discontinued. I hope this can answer your question.

That's why you are having problems with that service.

https://www.windowscentral.com/microsoft-shuts-down-groove-music

If you want to play music with your xbox console you can use the built-in media player :)

Translated in PT:

Olá,

Infelizmente, a música do Groove não é mais suportada e descontinuada. Espero que isso possa responder sua pergunta.
    É por isso que você está tendo problemas com esse serviço.

https://www.windowscentral.com/microsoft-shuts-down-groove-music

Se você quer tocar música com o seu console xbox você pode usar o media player embutido :)
  5. JACKNICOLAS Win User

Groove Music App for Xbox Series X/S

I use USB thumb drive to connect to Series console and capable to play music via Music Player app, this is another music app. Since I have Groove app already installed, still cannot navigate my local music from external thumb.

I assume that Groove is capable to play music without the need of external drive and still playing in background while doing multitask on console.

Unfortunately, although Music Player app has capable to play music, it requires that thumb drive must be connected to console and no way to transfer local music to internal drive at all. Plus the app must be active, doing multitask on console will result in stopping music.

The question, is there a way to use Groove to play music for Series console in my end? If not due to discontinued, what's the point of Groove's availability in my end that yet I still cannot play music?
  6. M3tal Daz3 Win User

Not fully resetting.

7. blueriver Win User

Why is Cortana not able to select music from my collection when asked?

Thanks,

A very good reason why Microsoft is failing in the tech wars. Alexa has everyone beat in the vocal assistant world. I should not have to purchase Spotify to access my music. Groove is a tragedy. Windows Media Player is absolutely the best media player
    on Earth, but your company refuses to make it accessible past Windows PC. You lose me in this fight.

Al
  8. CharlesFigueroa Win User

Playing A Video

Do you happen to know why my m4a music files will play on Windows Media Player and Media Center, but not through the Music Library? I have the "Optional Media Update"...
Thema:

1. Groove and Media Player won't play my music - Similar Threads - Groove Media Player

2. Manage media files on Xbox Series S and transfer to external USB

in XBoX on Consoles
    Manage media files on Xbox Series S and transfer to external USB: Hello, everyone! I have a Logitech webcam connected to my Xbox Series S via USB port. The webcam is a C930e model. I've captured some treasured moments, but I'm unable to copy them to an external...
  3. Vlc media issue help help help help help

in XboX Insiders
    Vlc media issue help help help help help: I have no idea where there located on internal drive but they are there, not a single thread on any browser pertaining to this issue. I want to free up 10gbs of videos off my xbox. I never wanted...
  4. My external solid state drive is showing as media only.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My external solid state drive is showing as media only.: I have a 4 terabite solid state drive that us type-c 3.1 and I've looked at the support pages and I did what was there and it didn't work, it still shows as a media only drive....
  5. My xbox keeps disconecting me from virgin media does anyone know how to fix this

in XBoX Accessibility
    My xbox keeps disconecting me from virgin media does anyone know how to fix this: My xbox series x keeps disconecting me from virgin media and multi player does anyone know how to fix this issue. 7339beda-3336-43b2-9fc1-d30f4714b04b
  6. Does anyone know why media playback controls (through mobile and voice command) don't work...

in XBoX on Windows
    Does anyone know why media playback controls (through mobile and voice command) don't work...: Media controls (both through google assistant and mobile app) will not work with paramount plus on Xbox. Does anyone know why? c3624f1e-a08a-45c2-be39-1fda9e8618ba
  7. Xbox Series X Error 0xc00d11cd (0x8007045d) When Watching Media Via USB.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X Error 0xc00d11cd (0x8007045d) When Watching Media Via USB.: When tryin to watch movies stored on an external harddrive, I quite often recieve this message. It happens randomly and not all the time. When it does happen it can be 10min after the media has...
  8. Windows media player issues or flaws and accessories app issues Xbox system feature missing.

in XboX Insiders
    Windows media player issues or flaws and accessories app issues Xbox system feature missing.: It has no media server access, and it has an unfriendly UI when navigating through a large library of music. Also it's impossible to transfer from PC to internal storage. It reads metadata...
  9. How to setup windows media center for Xbox 360 to connect to PC

in XBoX Accessibility
    How to setup windows media center for Xbox 360 to connect to PC: Can't connect Xbox 360 to windows media player on PC 5d7da329-6462-4815-808c-f8dcac52205f
  10. Media Player for Xbox Series S is asking me to "Sign In" when opening the app. error code...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Media Player for Xbox Series S is asking me to "Sign In" when opening the app. error code...: I am trying to view my screenshots and clips on my Seagate Portable 1TB External Hard Drive but when I access the Media Player app it tells me to sign in and none of my captures are in the hard...