GREYED HEADSET CHAT MIXER

Discus and support GREYED HEADSET CHAT MIXER in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I dont want to sound like i haven't researched this, but it just wont budge. I've restarted my console and played with my settings as well as plugged... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Denny05, Feb 1, 2024.

1. Denny05
    Denny05 Guest

I dont want to sound like i haven't researched this, but it just wont budge. I've restarted my console and played with my settings as well as plugged my mic in slowly, yet neither seems to work. I want to mention that while messing with my settings itdid turn into its color again and allowed me to move it, but the minute i tapped off audio settings and went back on, it greyed itself again. Im not sure if a console reset, (not restart) is going to help though since it hasnt worked for others. I also want to mention that its been like this for around a year which is similar to the other reported issues so maybe there might be a better solution here in 2024 and not 2022. If you ask why havent i tried before, i did tryseveral times throughout the years, but i gave up and it didnt bother me until now when friends are getting asking me "why im not using a headset" after i lose a game. Another thing to mention is that the headset chat mixer is fully party so i just cant hear my game through my headset.

:)

Denny05, Feb 1, 2024
  2. Frathos Win User

I cant access my chat mixer its just greyed out and I cant do anything

Are you using a wireless headset like Astro A50? If so then you have to use the physical chat mixer that is built in to the headset as the console guide chat mixer will be greyed out.

Good luck!
  3. Aayan Khan Win User

The only thing I can hear on my xbox is chat audio. Why is this happening?

Hi,

my headset is plugged into the controller but it wont let me do anything to the chat mixer and the chatmixer bit is greyed out.
  4. Daniel Gill_354 Win User

Grey Headset Chat Mixer?

Hi Mattc.p! I hope you are well, delighted to be able to offer you my help!

I'm sorry you're going through this problem, but don't worry, I'll do my best to help you.

Try and see if this works. Plug your headset into your controller and plug your controller into your console. Go to settings > device > accessories > update driver. Once you update the controller, you update it with the headphones, and then you should have control of the mixer. Otherwise, contact Xbox Support.

https://support.xbox.com/contact-us/

Best regards,
    Daniel.
  5. Isabella1011 Win User

Headset chat mixer not working

Sorry it took so long to reply but in the mean time I did all the steps in the link provided and the headset chat mixer is still greyed out

As for the questions the problem started 3 days ago, the chat mixer was working before, no changes were made prior to the issue, and I am using the Xbox series x
  6. BatchSnr Win User

Xbox Wireless Headset Chat Mixer not working

Thank you for that. Unfortunately it hasnt worked. I still cant hear any game chat, and the chat mixer is still greyed out.

I should point out that if I plug my wired headset into my wireless controller, I can hear chat.
Thema:

1. GREYED HEADSET CHAT MIXER - Similar Threads - GREYED HEADSET CHAT

2. My headset chat mixer is greyed out and i can only hear party audio

in XBoX on Consoles
    My headset chat mixer is greyed out and i can only hear party audio: The chat mixer is stuck to where i can only hear party audio and not game audio and i can change it because it’s greyed out. What do i do to fix it 543c397f-4ddd-4406-810f-50b5980e3283
  3. My headset chat mixer is greyed out and it won’t let me change it

in XBoX on Consoles
    My headset chat mixer is greyed out and it won’t let me change it: My headset chat mixer is greyed out and won’t let me change it 253dff7a-59b2-4900-b78c-eb3af230f1be
  4. headset chat mixer still greyed out?

in XBoX on Consoles
    headset chat mixer still greyed out?: ive tried every thing in the book to make the mixer turn on ive tried updating my controller with it plugged in, ive tried slowly putting it in and ive also tried to hard reset my xbox yet it...
  5. My headset chat mixer is all greyed out but I can change mic monitoring and headset volume

in XBoX Accessibility
    My headset chat mixer is all greyed out but I can change mic monitoring and headset volume: My headset chat mixer is all grey but I can change mic monitoring and headset volume eff0c504-891d-4e8e-9a44-3da0d42e30a6
  6. My Xbox 1 S headset chat mixer is greyed out to the right, I don't know what to do.

in XBoX on Windows
    My Xbox 1 S headset chat mixer is greyed out to the right, I don't know what to do.: I don't know how to fix headset chat mixer when it's greyed out. I tried the update and used two different controllers but it still won't work. Any solutions? 3c15859a-7f68-4b92-ba4f-514bc1c1dafd
  7. Headset Chat Mixer is Greyed out

in XboX Insiders
    Headset Chat Mixer is Greyed out: Discord audio will play through only the right hear of the headphones but all other audio (Spotify, Game Audio and Menu Audio) all play through the tv and headset chat mixer is greyed out...
  8. My headset chat mixer is greyed out all the way to the right what to do ?

in XBoX on Consoles
    My headset chat mixer is greyed out all the way to the right what to do ?: My headset chat mixer is greyed out and I’ve tried updating my controller and many other methods but none have worked I don’t if it’s because I use earbuds and not an actual headset or not if...
  9. How to fix greyed out headset chat mixer

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to fix greyed out headset chat mixer: I have tried updating controller ,changing sound settings and cleaning headset pet that goes into controller, what should I do to fix it 9f76b94f-e87d-482b-8a6b-08bbf25df5f8
  10. Headset chat mixer bar greyed out and not able to change/new controller breaking current...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Headset chat mixer bar greyed out and not able to change/new controller breaking current...: Hello, I recently purchased an Xbox Series S and just had the opportunity to begin using it for the first time. However, upon joining a party, I noticed two issues. The first issue was that I...