green screen of death

Discus and support green screen of death in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; for a couple weeks now, my console has taken a lot of time to turn on and boot up. it won't power on immediately and when it does, it either stays at... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Ohh Hyperz, Oct 11, 2017.

1. Ohh Hyperz
    Ohh Hyperz Guest

green screen of death

for a couple weeks now, my console has taken a lot of time to turn on and boot up. it won't power on immediately and when it does, it either stays at the green screen then takes awhile to load up, then either logs me in or locks
    me at the green screen until i give up. sometimes this can last from 5 minutes to an hour. ive tried plugging into different outlets and different HDMI inputs and no difference. i bought the console in december 2014 so its out of warranty sadly. what do i
    do?

:)

Ohh Hyperz, Oct 11, 2017
  2. Green Screen of Death!

I went through this...though only had a black screen....never got to the green screen.....out of the box I never had a video signal. Go to "myservice.xbox.com", register the unit, and complete the return service online. You can use this secure website for
    your credit card if choosing the advance replacement option.

Mayoman-A1D8BAED-817B-4007-BEEB-D3B702E82D95, Oct 11, 2017
  3. lilwizzle92
    lilwizzle92 Guest
    Green screen of death

I did speak to the online support. They recommended calling the phone support and arranging an exchange that will take 3-5 days. I did read that using the "emergency offline update" works but microsoft have taken down the link. I'm waiting to speak to the
    online support again and hopefully they will be able to give me the link.

lilwizzle92, Oct 11, 2017
  4. Mister Maka
    Mister Maka Guest

green screen of death

Hey there Ohh Hyperz.

Sounds like you may be having some troubles with a recent update. When you get a chance please check out this

Xbox One Update Troubleshooter
    and run through all the steps provided there for the green screen. Please let us know how it goes green screen of death :)

Mister Maka, Oct 13, 2017
  5. Michael Trusino Win User

Locked at green screen

Mine has been stuck on the green screen for hours I have tried unconnecting power and reseting but is still stuck on the green screen. is this possibly green screen of death?
  6. Zero Divided Win User

My Xbox One lasted One year and four months before breaking. Now I have a 500 dollar paper weight

you can try
    this
    , looks like some are having luck getting the system back up and going from the green screen of death.
  7. Mister Maka Win User

green screen of death

Hey there Ohh Hyperz.

Sounds like you may be having some troubles with a recent update. When you get a chance please check out this

Xbox One Update Troubleshooter
    and run through all the steps provided there for the green screen. Please let us know how it goes :)
  8. Mosheesh Win User

Green Screen of Death

I hope there is. Not really into the idea of buying a new console, because of some *** up update from Microsoft or any other issue caused by an intern system error.
  9. XBF Esteban R Win User

Green screen of death

Hello Alexdraper1!

Just wanted to add that if that above troubleshooting doesn't help, we do have a wizard on the site about this here on

“I need help with system updates on my Xbox One”

Give that a look through as it should be able to help if you are having any kind of start up issue.

The previously posted troubleshooting is also in there as well.

Let us know if this helps you out.

Thanks!
Thema:

green screen of death

1. green screen of death - Similar Threads - green screen death

2. Xbox series x green screen of death

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox series x green screen of death: Picture is there but it's all green 4d73fb88-33c8-436b-949a-f451569851c5
  3. Restarting a green screen of death Xbox without the pair button

in XBoX on Consoles
    Restarting a green screen of death Xbox without the pair button: So here’s my problem. My Xbox’s storage has been completely filled up on accident and it is extremely slow. I cannot reset the Xbox through settings and I also cannot delete any games. Most of the...
  4. Green Screen of death series x

in XBoX on Consoles
    Green Screen of death series x: Xbox series X just over a year old. Turnt it on today boom green screen. I've changed HDMI cables and ports no luck. I have tried the eject power and pair buttons no joy it wont show anything...
  5. Xbox one green screen of death?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one green screen of death?: If you have a green screen of death or black screen or won't let you format your hard-drive. a lot of the time its the hard-drive messed up especially in the xbox one/s because of the hdd. This...
  6. Not a green screen of death, just refuses to show video

in XBoX on Consoles
    Not a green screen of death, just refuses to show video: Green screen for all video on my series s, randomly, mid video, resetting only fixes it for a sec, but it always goes back, is this because of a trashy update? Why does it happen so frequently,...
  7. Green screen of death

in XBoX on Consoles
    Green screen of death: So I just got my xbox series x and it was working fine till now. I get the green screen of death and the xbox button on the console starts to light up in burst of three then it shuts off. I did...
  8. Controller won’t connect and Green screen of death (Xbox One)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller won’t connect and Green screen of death (Xbox One): Hi, My controller randomly disconnected and won’t reconnect even after putting new batteries and trying the usb plug trick. And I’m unable to fix the green screen of death issue because of it....
  9. Green screen of death

in XBoX on Consoles
    Green screen of death: My Xbox series x consistently flashes a green screen and shuts off during Halo online gameplay. I’ve followed all the recommendations that Microsoft support reps have suggested in other forum...
  10. Series X Green Screen of Death

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series X Green Screen of Death: So my Series X has a solid green screen after turning on. Little research I’m assuming it’s the green screen of death. My warranty expired Dec 3 21. Like the red ring of death on the 360. Is...