Green screen of death

Discus and support Green screen of death in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; My xbox loading screen wont load to the xbox page it just stays on the green screen with xbox on it how do i fix this?... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Alexdraper1, Sep 21, 2018.

1. Alexdraper1
    Alexdraper1 Guest

Green screen of death

My xbox loading screen wont load to the xbox page it just stays on the green screen with xbox on it how do i fix this?

:)

Alexdraper1, Sep 21, 2018
  2. Green Screen of Death...?

I went to do an update on my xbox one console. Now when i turn it on it goeson green screen then goes on to black screen can anybody help

Dom Collins52, Sep 21, 2018
  3. E1uvatar
    E1uvatar Guest
    Green Screen of Death...?

I have several questions about the offline self-diagnostic tool posted on this forum. Some of the steps are vague to me, so I'm not sure if I'm doing it right. It's not like I'm sitting on my butt, demanding answers. I'm trying to get this resolved. If I
    was respected as a human being and allowed to speak with someone qualified instead of shunted into a voiceless forum where my questions are answered indirectly, I probably wouldn't be b*tching so hard right now.

E1uvatar, Sep 21, 2018
  4. EggsBoxJuan
    EggsBoxJuan Guest

Green screen of death

Hi, the first thing to try is a hard reset as follows.

If there is a disc in the drive eject it. Power off your Xbox by pressing and holding the power button for 10 seconds and then unplug the power cord from the rear of the Xbox to ensure that the console is completely powered off. Wait 30 seconds. After that
    30 seconds is up plug the power cord back in and power the xbox on using the power button on the Xbox.

If you still get that green screen let the Xbox sit at that for at least ten minutes before trying the next step which will be a factory reset and keeping your games & apps.

You will need to know your wireless network password if required and the login info for yours and any other accounts on the Xbox to complete the following so please be sure you know that information.

Power the Xbox off again.

The SYNC button is the button you'd use to sync a controller to your Xbox.

Dependant upon which Xbox One system you own the SYNC button will be located either on the left hand side of the xbox about an inch in from the front and at the same level as the disc slot ( original Xbox One) or on the front right on the black section below
    and slightly to the left of the Xbox power button ( Xbox One S and Xbox One X )

With the Xbox powered off, press and hold the SYNC button and the DISC EJECT button and then press the Xbox power button once on the console, do not hold the Xbox power button. Continue holding the SYNC and DISC EJECT buttons. Shortly a troubleshooting screen
    will appear you can then let go of the button.

When you have that screen up, power your Xbox controller on and using the Dpad and A select the Reset Console option and then the option to keep games & apps.

After the reset you will need to add your account/s back to the Xbox, when doing this make sure you DO NOT select the option to Get a new account as this will create a whole new account and you will have all sorts of problems.

EggsBoxJuan, Sep 22, 2018
  5. Hello Alexdraper1!

Just wanted to add that if that above troubleshooting doesn't help, we do have a wizard on the site about this here on

“I need help with system updates on my Xbox One”

Give that a look through as it should be able to help if you are having any kind of start up issue.

The previously posted troubleshooting is also in there as well.

Let us know if this helps you out.

Thanks!

XBF Esteban R, Nov 5, 2018
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema:

Green screen of death