GPU reporting false power values

Discus and support GPU reporting false power values in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My GPU is reporting false power draw values, I've reset the PC 3 times, that solved nothing, Using a different graphics card solved the problem, using... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by KIRIN COOPER1, Nov 2, 2023.

1. GPU reporting false power values

My GPU is reporting false power draw values, I've reset the PC 3 times, that solved nothing, Using a different graphics card solved the problem, using a different power supply did not solve the problem, I asked the warranty provider and they said to check the power supply, which I have since, done, the error occurred after a driver update, the GPU (RTX 3080ti) is stuck at 210MHz Core Clock, Memory Clock speeds are normal, Power draw is reporting to be always above the maximum, 385W+ out of 365, however the clock speed does not more from 210MHz and the temperature is always about or below 30C so it indicates the power value is incorrect, thus I have concluded it is a software error with windows, this is also because the problem occurred after a driver update

:)

KIRIN COOPER1, Nov 2, 2023
  2. Kirin Cooper Win User

In safe mode the graphics drivers are not running so I'm not sure how I can check anything in safe mode

I've removed the GPU twice and reinstalled it, I also reinstalled the power cables yesterday, so I don't think it is that

The GPU temperature always shows about 30C, indicating that temperature is not the issue

The driver I am using is the most recent (I think that's 546.01) I've uninstalled and reinstalled lots of drivers many times to attempt to solve this issue with no success

The result of the malware scan is 'No current threats'

Thanks for helping, I also have lots of other screenshots of the issue, but they have simply informed my assumption that it is a problem based on falsely reporting GPU power draw, I think I still have them if it would be useful to see all of the data I have looked at
  3. David Wirsching Win User

Hello KIRIN C, My name is David. I am an independent advisor, happy to help you today.

I'm sorry you're experiencing this issue with your GPU. Here are some steps you could follow to resolve it:

Restart your PC in safe mode: This will allow you to load only the necessary files and drivers, which can help you identify if the problem is hardware or software.
    Check your GPU hardware: Make sure the GPU is seated correctly in its PCI slot and that the power connections are properly engaged.
    Check GPU temperature: An overheated GPU can cause performance issues.
    Update your GPU drivers: An outdated or corrupt driver can cause GPU problems.
    Perform a malware scan: Malware can overwhelm your GPU, so running a scan can help identify and remove any malware present.

Thank you for your kindness and understanding! Please feel free to let me know if you need anything else.

Best regards.
  4. Dark destiny Win User

1.3tf ?

The discrete GPU rumour was false, still Microsoft do not have all their cards on the table.
  5. Farscape247 Win User

Everytime I start a game from Xbox Game Pass on PC, my monitor loses signal

it's one of 2 things, the gpu is crapping due to the power rail for gpu, or the gpu is starting to fail, i suspect it's the psu crapping when the gpu pulls more power.
  6. yxmi Win User

I was banned on Xbox for literally no reason here’s proof

Stupid enforcement team is so dumb and abuse there power and you can’t contact them I want like a reward or something free for this false report.
Thema:

1. GPU reporting false power values - Similar Threads - GPU reporting false

2. Have a doubt about CPU and gpu of laptop.

in XBoX on Windows
    Have a doubt about CPU and gpu of laptop.: Hello, I had an old laptop made by Toshiba. Toshiba Satellite L650-10M . It has and i3 330m CPU and Ati Mobility Radeon HD 5145 But when I checked the CPU info in Intel's website it shows it has...
  3. Laptop Thermal Throttled with Normal CPU & GPU Temp.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Laptop Thermal Throttled with Normal CPU & GPU Temp.: My laptop has run incredibly slow to the point I can't even get my job done. It runs like 10 fps and even the mouse movement is extremely slow. I have done several troubleshooting to find the...
  4. MY GPU SHUTS DOWN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

in XBoX on Windows
    MY GPU SHUTS DOWN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11: I have an r9 390 video card. Recently it has been shutting down constantly. After spending 20 - 30 minutes in a game, the screen suddenly turns off, the power cuts off on my keyboard, the video...
  5. Why does my cpu usage spike and my gpu usage drop during gaming?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why does my cpu usage spike and my gpu usage drop during gaming?: My pc specs are CPU - Intel(R) Core(TM) i7.10700F 2.90 GHz GPU - NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 RAM - 2x16GB My problem is while gaming my fps drops at the same times at the CPU usage spikes to...
  6. A directX 11 compatible GPU (Feature level 11.0, Shader model 5.0) is required to run this...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    A directX 11 compatible GPU (Feature level 11.0, Shader model 5.0) is required to run this...: I wanted to play a game called scribble it that is in steam and I got this error (I tried to play the game on Windows 8.1). I have directx 11 and I don't know why this error appears i need...
  7. My pc freezes for a quick sec and gpu & cpu usage drops as in the video

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My pc freezes for a quick sec and gpu & cpu usage drops as in the video: I keep having these type of drops in mostly every game i play(CS2,Fortnite,Valorant but valorant rarely to be honest) so idk whats causing it and i dont know if its hardware issue or software...
  8. My son xbox series x seems to have a busted gpu. Help

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My son xbox series x seems to have a busted gpu. Help: My son's xbox series x seems to have a busted gpu. It has some weird lines. It has 2 years old only . 7c26cdd9-0e76-4c41-a4ab-34ab40763158
  9. Why is windows 11 not using my gpu?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why is windows 11 not using my gpu?: I have an intel iris xe integrated graphics, but whenever I play roblox, it always lags. I checked the task manager, and found it only used about 10-30% of gpu. It was the microsoft store version...
  10. add GPU and CPU with temperature next to the report option in xbox holding power button

in XboX Insiders
    add GPU and CPU with temperature next to the report option in xbox holding power button: this would be a good idea too be added to xbox to turn this setting on and it can go on top of are screen some where big enough to see like fps and we can turn it on or off like the fps settings...