Got Xbox One for Christmas and it won't update. (Initial Setup Problems)

Discus and support Got Xbox One for Christmas and it won't update. (Initial Setup Problems) in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have an Xbox One with 1 Tb hard drive. I just got the console for Christmas this morning. I checked that all of the wires are hooked up correctly,... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by JediGuy24, Dec 25, 2015.

1. JediGuy24
    JediGuy24 Guest

I have an Xbox One with 1 Tb hard drive. I just got the console for Christmas this morning. I checked that all of the wires are hooked up correctly, and I have followed all of the steps on xbox.com/xboxone/update/help. I can answer nearly any question,
    please ask for more details if you need them. I keep getting the error screen that says "There was a problem with the update". Please help!

:)

JediGuy24, Dec 25, 2015
  2. RichB2K
    RichB2K Guest
    My brand new Xbox can't connect to the internet

Just an S a couple days after christmas. Wire connection and it will not recognize wired connection after initial setup update. Switched back in the old xbox one and it works fine. old xbox even connects wirelessly with no problems. took my S over a family
    members house and it connected no problem. I don't get it either.

RichB2K, Dec 25, 2015
  3. Pantera10175
    Pantera10175 Guest
    Xbox one update issues

Really *** right now,got my son and I an Xbox one for Christmas and can't use it!! Took over an hour to update, finally complete, update loaded and then shut down, turned back on and said its time to update and it won't, so now I have a $400 black box and
    a pretty upset kid!! Merry f...ing Christmas

Pantera10175, Dec 25, 2015
  4. Got Xbox One for Christmas and it won't update. (Initial Setup Problems)

How are you connected to the internet ? Wired or wireless , modem and router (model #'s ) and isp ?

RobertBuckalew, Dec 25, 2015
  5. RHIN0CERUSS
    RHIN0CERUSS Guest
    I just bought my little brother a new xbox one and I am having the same issue. Can't do an offline update either because I can't get to the dashboard to go to settings to do so. Apparently you need this initial update for it to even function. I brought
    my xbox home and it connects online and works just fine. Hard reset, reset router and tried hard wiring it and still nothing. Troubleshooting tool says it needs to be repaired after all the steps.

RHIN0CERUSS, Dec 25, 2015
  6. Mathematik
    Mathematik Guest
    The Xbox we bought will not even make it that far. It goes into the logo screen and straight to the systems error mess. Won't even accept the offline update. This is a mess as my stepson can't even play and my wife got it through her job program and we have
    lost the receipt

Mathematik, Oct 31, 2018
  7. RHIN0CERUSS Win User

I just bought my little brother a new xbox one and I am having the same issue. Can't do an offline update either because I can't get to the dashboard to go to settings to do so. Apparently you need this initial update for it to even function. I brought
    my xbox home and it connects online and works just fine. Hard reset, reset router and tried hard wiring it and still nothing. Troubleshooting tool says it needs to be repaired after all the steps.
  8. RobertBuckalew Win User

How are you connected to the internet ? Wired or wireless , modem and router (model #'s ) and isp ?
  9. Mathematik Win User

The Xbox we bought will not even make it that far. It goes into the logo screen and straight to the systems error mess. Won't even accept the offline update. This is a mess as my stepson can't even play and my wife got it through her job program and we have
    lost the receipt
  10. Fred420170 Win User

No longer getting Surround sound when watching TV through XBO

I got the new one.. and it's the same problem.. The console was sending 5.1 until it updated during initial setup... definitely something the update *** up...
  11. RichB2K Win User

My brand new Xbox can't connect to the internet

Just an S a couple days after christmas. Wire connection and it will not recognize wired connection after initial setup update. Switched back in the old xbox one and it works fine. old xbox even connects wirelessly with no problems. took my S over a family
    members house and it connected no problem. I don't get it either.
Thema:

1. Got Xbox One for Christmas and it won't update. (Initial Setup Problems) - Similar Threads - Got Christmas won't

2. I did noithing wrong and still got baned

in XBoX on Windows
    I did noithing wrong and still got baned: I would please like someone to unban me for i did nothing wrong 684d8522-6ef9-423a-8802-f5bd9e49c41a
  3. My Xbox series s fan while playing fortnite gets loud but not that loud and I got it five...

in XBoX Accessibility
    My Xbox series s fan while playing fortnite gets loud but not that loud and I got it five...: Can you explain the to me why this is I’m scared if it’s broken or if it’s just fortnite 8cf8692e-1691-4c47-9d1c-9437e59e1920
  4. My Minecraft world got deleted and what to do?

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Minecraft world got deleted and what to do?: My ps4 Minecraft world got deleted but a corrupted file. I don’t know how to get it back. Please help 9f78e459-f1b1-4974-a401-af34fbe80df2
  5. I tried to redeem my Microsoft points in exchange for Minecoins, but I have not got my...

in XBoX on Windows
    I tried to redeem my Microsoft points in exchange for Minecoins, but I have not got my...: As the title says I tried to redeem my Microsoft rewards in exchange for Minecoins, but the Minecoins haven't appeared in the marketplace, nor have they appeared in my order history....
  6. My Main account got hacked and i had to do a new one so i can write a ticket

in XBoX on Windows
    My Main account got hacked and i had to do a new one so i can write a ticket: I joined a Discord for minecraft and i had to verify and after i did that he changed everything password and email. My email was *** Die E-Mail-Adresse wurde aus Datenschutzgründen entfernt. ***...
  7. I just got gifted from a different region, and i can't claim the gift. What should i do?...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I just got gifted from a different region, and i can't claim the gift. What should i do?...: My friend gifted me Minecraft from US region. But i can't claim it because i'm on a different region. What should i do? can anyone help?? 82117b44-9dc0-427e-a6a5-51ff38f7169c
  8. The A button on my XBOX controller got mapped to the pause button on PC

in XBoX on Consoles
    The A button on my XBOX controller got mapped to the pause button on PC: I have been using my xbox controller on my pc with 0 problems for the past 2-3 years, and out of no where my A button got mapped to the pause button. For example I play rocket league, and when I...
  9. I gifted a game on Christmas of 2023 and they still have not got it. What should they do?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I gifted a game on Christmas of 2023 and they still have not got it. What should they do?: I gifted a game on Christmas of 2023 and they still have not got it. What should they do? cce452c1-1be5-4fd2-b7d1-7ff058d81c6a
  10. My Xbox S controller I got for Christmas (2022) is not working right.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox S controller I got for Christmas (2022) is not working right.: Thumbsticks wander all over the place. I used canned air to clear away dust and then used IPA 70% to clean around thumb sticks. Still wandering all over the place. Numerous games I can't play due...