Got xbo 6days ago - black screen each day - should I return it?

Discus and support Got xbo 6days ago - black screen each day - should I return it? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I got my xbo last Friday. Each day I have experienced the screen goes black. Knecht is still working because I can hear it respond to voice commands,... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Morlife, Feb 27, 2014.

1. Morlife
    Morlife Guest

I got my xbo last Friday. Each day I have experienced the screen goes black. Knecht is still working because I can hear it respond to voice commands, just can't see it. It seems to happen when I go from a game to TV. I have my cable box thru XBO. Once
    the black screen happens I need to shut every thing down, wait for 30sec and start every thing up again. It's not the end of the world just very annoying. Especially only having it 6 days. could this be bad hardware? Should I just give up on the cable thru
    XBO and just put them on separate hdmi's? Should I return it ? Got it from Bestbuy, so still within my 14 days, but I did purchase the Microsoft's complete warranty and registered it to the systems console number, knecht number and serial number, so not sure
    if I can transfer that to a new system. When XBO works its awesome, but this daily aggravation is getting to me. Advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks Phil

:)

Morlife, Feb 27, 2014
  2. Krazy Crayon
    Krazy Crayon Guest
    List of controller defects/problems.

Well I have sent my day one controller off about 5-7 times, and each time I got sent back a crappy controller. But I have bought a regular black controller from gamestop and wal mart, and had to return all them because of various issues.

Krazy Crayon, Feb 27, 2014
  3. DJXXX 2K7
    DJXXX 2K7 Guest
    XBOX ONE DEAD

According to microsoft the first initial boot up should not take so long....ive been on the phone to them since friday as my day 1 edition never got the update screen...my green screen stayed green for 10 mins ..i then got corrupted graphics and screen went
    black....Microsoft finally says its a dead console....

DJXXX 2K7, Feb 27, 2014
  4. FTM99
    FTM99 Guest

Try replacing the HDMI cables ,especially the one that came with it ..Mine was very shotty ...

I would do this before anything else ..

FTM99, Feb 27, 2014
  5. No your xbox and cable are fine. Something in the last patch they did caused it. Happens to me too. It'll be fixed in another patch. It is annoying though

Upinya Slayin, Feb 27, 2014
  6. So are you getting a black screen while watching TV but it works while playing a game?

Dan87-3E251722-4AD5-4680-BEB2-4B45868AD423, Feb 27, 2014
  7. IceStorm III
    IceStorm III Guest
    Don't hit any buttons while transitioning from one activity to another. I've noticed if I don't wait for the next activity to move to the foreground I can blackscreen just by hitting the menu button.

IceStorm III, Feb 27, 2014
  8. MichaelCasey
    MichaelCasey Guest

I'm thinking of returning mine also. I have had it for 2 weeks and I have had the same thing every day in use it. I also have to recalibrate the voice controls also.

I feel the same way it's great when it works but I also am at the end of my rope with this thing.

MichaelCasey, Feb 27, 2014
  9. DuFFuL
    DuFFuL Guest
    I get this as well. Black screen randomly since the last patch. Supposedly Microsoft are aware of it and are fixing it in the March patch. Just hold out till then!

DuFFuL, Feb 27, 2014
  10. DuFFuL
    DuFFuL Guest
    Dabeast. When you calibrate the kinect for voice, make sure you have the volume on your speaker up a lot louder than you normally would. I turned mine up until the xbox told me to turn it down when I was calibrating. I kept turning it down while calibrating
    until I found the sweet spot. After that I had no dramas with voice. Also try to make sure the kinect is away from speakers. It can interfere!

DuFFuL, Feb 27, 2014
  11. MichaelCasey
    MichaelCasey Guest
    Thanks, it works fine until I get the black screen, when I restart the system the voice commands are all messed up till I recalibrate . I will try what you suggest.

I'm going till Sunday if I can't get it worked out I'm going to return it before it's to late.

MichaelCasey, Feb 27, 2014
  12. Morlife
    Morlife Guest
    DAN87,

Yes it black screens when I watch TV. I think Ixe Storm III is correct. Seems to do it when the console is trying to transition from one mode to another.

Thanks so much for the feedback guys. Seems like Iam not the only one. I'll hang in there and wait for an update.

Morlife, Oct 31, 2018
  13. DuFFuL Win User

Dabeast. When you calibrate the kinect for voice, make sure you have the volume on your speaker up a lot louder than you normally would. I turned mine up until the xbox told me to turn it down when I was calibrating. I kept turning it down while calibrating
    until I found the sweet spot. After that I had no dramas with voice. Also try to make sure the kinect is away from speakers. It can interfere!
  14. MichaelCasey Win User

I'm thinking of returning mine also. I have had it for 2 weeks and I have had the same thing every day in use it. I also have to recalibrate the voice controls also.

I feel the same way it's great when it works but I also am at the end of my rope with this thing.
  15. Upinya Slayin Win User

No your xbox and cable are fine. Something in the last patch they did caused it. Happens to me too. It'll be fixed in another patch. It is annoying though
  16. FTM99 Win User

Try replacing the HDMI cables ,especially the one that came with it ..Mine was very shotty ...

I would do this before anything else ..
  17. Morlife Win User

DAN87,

Yes it black screens when I watch TV. I think Ixe Storm III is correct. Seems to do it when the console is trying to transition from one mode to another.

Thanks so much for the feedback guys. Seems like Iam not the only one. I'll hang in there and wait for an update.
Thema:

1. Got xbo 6days ago - black screen each day - should I return it? - Similar Threads - Got xbo 6days

2. I did noithing wrong and still got baned

in XBoX on Windows
    I did noithing wrong and still got baned: I would please like someone to unban me for i did nothing wrong 684d8522-6ef9-423a-8802-f5bd9e49c41a
  3. My Xbox series s fan while playing fortnite gets loud but not that loud and I got it five...

in XBoX Accessibility
    My Xbox series s fan while playing fortnite gets loud but not that loud and I got it five...: Can you explain the to me why this is I’m scared if it’s broken or if it’s just fortnite 8cf8692e-1691-4c47-9d1c-9437e59e1920
  4. My Minecraft world got deleted and what to do?

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Minecraft world got deleted and what to do?: My ps4 Minecraft world got deleted but a corrupted file. I don’t know how to get it back. Please help 9f78e459-f1b1-4974-a401-af34fbe80df2
  5. I tried to redeem my Microsoft points in exchange for Minecoins, but I have not got my...

in XBoX on Windows
    I tried to redeem my Microsoft points in exchange for Minecoins, but I have not got my...: As the title says I tried to redeem my Microsoft rewards in exchange for Minecoins, but the Minecoins haven't appeared in the marketplace, nor have they appeared in my order history....
  6. My Main account got hacked and i had to do a new one so i can write a ticket

in XBoX on Windows
    My Main account got hacked and i had to do a new one so i can write a ticket: I joined a Discord for minecraft and i had to verify and after i did that he changed everything password and email. My email was *** Die E-Mail-Adresse wurde aus Datenschutzgründen entfernt. ***...
  7. I just got gifted from a different region, and i can't claim the gift. What should i do?...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I just got gifted from a different region, and i can't claim the gift. What should i do?...: My friend gifted me Minecraft from US region. But i can't claim it because i'm on a different region. What should i do? can anyone help?? 82117b44-9dc0-427e-a6a5-51ff38f7169c
  8. The A button on my XBOX controller got mapped to the pause button on PC

in XBoX on Consoles
    The A button on my XBOX controller got mapped to the pause button on PC: I have been using my xbox controller on my pc with 0 problems for the past 2-3 years, and out of no where my A button got mapped to the pause button. For example I play rocket league, and when I...
  9. How to redeem gift cards i got from xbox microsoft rewards

in XBoX on Windows
    How to redeem gift cards i got from xbox microsoft rewards: I got a Roblox gift card from my microsoft rewards points on Xbox, however, i cant seem to find out how to access it. 7d0d4407-ac76-4f78-8b06-791e8f9304f7
  10. Friends console got banned for something he didn't do, is the solution to stop supporting...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Friends console got banned for something he didn't do, is the solution to stop supporting...: What can be done about banned consoles? Nothing on why it was banned makes sense. The first 3 reports said it wasn't banned but the 4th said it was banned so what did they mess up with on their...