Got a new modem/router and couldnt play multiplayer without be disconnected from xbox live

Discus and support Got a new modem/router and couldnt play multiplayer without be disconnected from xbox live in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; hi i have just recently gotten a new modem/router from xfinity by comcast. it is the technicolor TC8305C. i have read around and found that switching... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Mr xGam8lex, Feb 16, 2015.

1. Mr xGam8lex
    Mr xGam8lex Guest

Got a new modem/router and couldnt play multiplayer without be disconnected from xbox live

hi i have just recently gotten a new modem/router from xfinity by comcast. it is the technicolor TC8305C. i have read around and found that switching and putting it into a DMZ will solve the problem. It did to a degree. i can now play multiplayer games but
    i hvae a strict nat type. Is it possible to have an open NAT tpe while in a Dmz??. UPnP is enabled and i have Port forwarded the correct ports for xbox live. Is there another solution to my problem? Lowering Firewall and getting a new modem/router are not
    possible.

:)

Mr xGam8lex, Feb 16, 2015
  2. Tigers Claws
    Tigers Claws Guest
    Losing connection.

I've tried hard resetting both console and modem/router and it didn't work. I still get disconnected randomly when playing online multiplayer matches. Luckily Netflix isn't effected, but I just wish I could play a game online without getting disconnected
    randomly. :/

Tigers Claws, Feb 16, 2015
  3. Xbox Live keeps disconnecting!

I have a almost similar problem, but I get disconnected from Xbox Live when i'm playing a single player game or when i'm away from my 360 for more or less than 10 minutes, but never disconnected from Xbox Live when i'm playing a multiplayer game. I'm starting
    to think that it's the router that's causing the problem, it could be the router

KingOfDeathXIII, Feb 16, 2015
  4. TheStMichel
    TheStMichel Guest

Hi there GAM8LE!

Sorry to hear about your issues you're having with your new networking hardware.

The Networking Hardware Information forums have immense information on how to setup and utilize your new modem!

I hope this will help you gain more information on utilizing your hardware.

Update me and let me know if your status has changed.

TheStMichel, Feb 16, 2015
  5. Mister Beep
    Mister Beep Guest
    Hey xGAM8LEx!

There are currently known issues with the Technicolor TC8305C's firmware that causes what you have described.

I highly recommend checking out our
    Technicolor TC8305C Known Issues post for more details on the issue. It is best to contact your ISP for replacement hardware, or to have them set up your Technicolor in bridge mode and add a router to your set up.

Hope this clears it up for you, and I'm sincerely sorry for any frustration this may have caused!

Mister Beep, Feb 16, 2015
  6. Mr xGam8lex
    Mr xGam8lex Guest
    thank you guys i shall contact my ISP tomorrow and see if they have any other brands or can send a new router to bridge. i will repost my results

Mr xGam8lex, Oct 31, 2018
  7. Mr xGam8lex Win User

thank you guys i shall contact my ISP tomorrow and see if they have any other brands or can send a new router to bridge. i will repost my results
  8. Mister Beep Win User

Hey xGAM8LEx!

There are currently known issues with the Technicolor TC8305C's firmware that causes what you have described.

I highly recommend checking out our
    Technicolor TC8305C Known Issues post for more details on the issue. It is best to contact your ISP for replacement hardware, or to have them set up your Technicolor in bridge mode and add a router to your set up.

Hope this clears it up for you, and I'm sincerely sorry for any frustration this may have caused!
  9. TheStMichel Win User

Hi there GAM8LE!

Sorry to hear about your issues you're having with your new networking hardware.

The Networking Hardware Information forums have immense information on how to setup and utilize your new modem!

I hope this will help you gain more information on utilizing your hardware.

Update me and let me know if your status has changed.
  10. EmoJedi0 Win User

AC:Revelations Disconnects me whenever I try and play multiplayer!

I've got exactly same problem with the same router. I can play on the other games without problem, as same as Brotherhood. But when it comes to play Revelations multiplayer then it disconnects me from live or freezes :c.
  11. Pac Manimal Win User

Frequent disconnects from Xbox Live, even when router is replaced

Yes, only wired.

Sorry, I made a mistake in the OP. The Thomson RCA is the cable modem, the Asus is the router. I don't seem to have disconnection issues when connected directly to the modem (played for about 2 hours without problems). But two different routers have had
    disconnection issues. The Asus router is brand new. It's only Xbox Live that is affected.
Thema:

1. Got a new modem/router and couldnt play multiplayer without be disconnected from xbox live - Similar Threads - Got modem router

2. I did noithing wrong and still got baned

in XBoX on Windows
    I did noithing wrong and still got baned: I would please like someone to unban me for i did nothing wrong 684d8522-6ef9-423a-8802-f5bd9e49c41a
  3. My Xbox series s fan while playing fortnite gets loud but not that loud and I got it five...

in XBoX Accessibility
    My Xbox series s fan while playing fortnite gets loud but not that loud and I got it five...: Can you explain the to me why this is I’m scared if it’s broken or if it’s just fortnite 8cf8692e-1691-4c47-9d1c-9437e59e1920
  4. My Minecraft world got deleted and what to do?

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Minecraft world got deleted and what to do?: My ps4 Minecraft world got deleted but a corrupted file. I don’t know how to get it back. Please help 9f78e459-f1b1-4974-a401-af34fbe80df2
  5. I tried to redeem my Microsoft points in exchange for Minecoins, but I have not got my...

in XBoX on Windows
    I tried to redeem my Microsoft points in exchange for Minecoins, but I have not got my...: As the title says I tried to redeem my Microsoft rewards in exchange for Minecoins, but the Minecoins haven't appeared in the marketplace, nor have they appeared in my order history....
  6. My Main account got hacked and i had to do a new one so i can write a ticket

in XBoX on Windows
    My Main account got hacked and i had to do a new one so i can write a ticket: I joined a Discord for minecraft and i had to verify and after i did that he changed everything password and email. My email was *** Die E-Mail-Adresse wurde aus Datenschutzgründen entfernt. ***...
  7. I just got gifted from a different region, and i can't claim the gift. What should i do?...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I just got gifted from a different region, and i can't claim the gift. What should i do?...: My friend gifted me Minecraft from US region. But i can't claim it because i'm on a different region. What should i do? can anyone help?? 82117b44-9dc0-427e-a6a5-51ff38f7169c
  8. The A button on my XBOX controller got mapped to the pause button on PC

in XBoX on Consoles
    The A button on my XBOX controller got mapped to the pause button on PC: I have been using my xbox controller on my pc with 0 problems for the past 2-3 years, and out of no where my A button got mapped to the pause button. For example I play rocket league, and when I...
  9. How to redeem gift cards i got from xbox microsoft rewards

in XBoX on Windows
    How to redeem gift cards i got from xbox microsoft rewards: I got a Roblox gift card from my microsoft rewards points on Xbox, however, i cant seem to find out how to access it. 7d0d4407-ac76-4f78-8b06-791e8f9304f7
  10. Got a new Modem+Router, now Remote Play doesn’t work

in XboX Insiders
    Got a new Modem+Router, now Remote Play doesn’t work: I had a Modem/Router combo and everything worked with that, but it suffered from lag and stuttering. I upgraded to a new modem and separate router, and every other device is working great....