Got a bill for a free XBox Live game

Discus and support Got a bill for a free XBox Live game in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello, I have an active Xbox Gold Membership and wanted to get the free XBox Live games of this month, but I got a bill of 19,99 € for Oxenfree. It is... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by ZapTheRipper, Sep 25, 2017.

1. ZapTheRipper
    ZapTheRipper Guest

Hello, I have an active Xbox Gold Membership and wanted to get the free XBox Live games of this month, but I got a bill of 19,99 € for Oxenfree. It is free for me as an XBox Live member. If I have made a mistake and it's not free this month, even if the
    website says so, I want my money back. I don't need this game.

:)

ZapTheRipper, Sep 25, 2017
  2. concalkie74
    concalkie74 Guest
    security

I don't know anything about the Xbox but I have got live free for a month for my 3 sons. But I received a email today about them downloading a game for nearly £7 surely there is a way to secure that they don't download games without Bill payers permission.
    Is there a way to do this please. Thanks.

concalkie74, Sep 25, 2017
  3. John Dowding
    John Dowding Guest
    Early adopters, did you receive any cashback?

My mate said he got a free soft toy modeled after Bill Gates for pre ordering the One.

John Dowding, Sep 25, 2017
  4. Smwutches
    Smwutches Guest

Smwutches, Sep 25, 2017
  5. Smwutches Win User

You would need to contact support and speak to billing. http://support.xbox.com/contact-us
  6. NeoDan123 Win User

Got billed for a free game (Xbox Gold member)

You will need to contact support, as we in the forums don't have access to the system.
  7. Zero Jehuty Win User

Got billed for a free game (Xbox Gold member)

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/contact-us/

Grabbed it just in-case OP can not locate it.
  8. RVND0M N1NJV Win User

Free Arcade Games

actually it is free...i downloaded it off the xbox live market place for free and got the full game
  9. ThisGameIsSucky Win User

Can't use Live Gold Membership to get free Sonic Generations

Its not necessarily that your Xbox thinks you're in the US so much so as it is that in order to claim some free games off of Xbox Live, such as the Xbox original and Xbox 360 titles when they go free with Gold, you do actually need a valid billing account
    set up with your Xbox. I know that kind of subverts the whole 'games being free' thing but that's just kind of how it is for some reason. The games are one hundred percent free, you just need a valid billing account for that 'credit' for the game to go to,
    or something like that, its pretty tricky to explain.

First thing to do, would be to go to your region/location settings and just 100 percent reconfirm that your information is set to the New Zealand market. Then, go to https://account.microsoft.com/billing/payments
    and add a valid billing account to your Microsoft/Xbox Live account and you should be able to download the free Xbox 360 game once that information is processed and updated.

I know it kind of sucks to have to go through that hassle to get a free game, but I'm pretty sure that'll fix it.
Thema:

1. Got a bill for a free XBox Live game - Similar Threads - Got bill free

2. Never got my reward

in XBoX on Windows
    Never got my reward: I redeemed 9500points for the one month of gamepass core and got the notification it went through. My point are gone but I still can’t play online. I restarted my game, my console, and even came...
  3. how do i claim my goal once i’ve got 100%

in XBoX on Windows
    how do i claim my goal once i’ve got 100%: how do i claim my goal once i’ve got 100% a27c1dac-f1fe-4bc5-a2ad-4fab93ec46c1
  4. Hello everyone sorry for disturbing you but I got a issue of my xbox console & it has been...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hello everyone sorry for disturbing you but I got a issue of my xbox console & it has been...: I'm tired & I don't know what to do next maybe failure of hardware & some other conditions ba7728e6-4a71-4817-b570-f87f13f369c3
  5. Last year around the time of November my Xbox account got hacked i only had one game on it...

in XBoX on Windows
    Last year around the time of November my Xbox account got hacked i only had one game on it...: It happened last year in November and i dont got access to the gamertag or current email/password 85649070-37f5-4ceb-a3f7-6b50351ed3d6
  6. Hi, i recently got a xbox elite 2 series core controller and now the left joystick is...

in XBoX on Windows
    Hi, i recently got a xbox elite 2 series core controller and now the left joystick is...: I think a part in the left joystick might be damaged 53186acc-eb61-41c4-9da1-5f6732e77bf3
  7. My Microsoft account got locked

in XBoX on Windows
    My Microsoft account got locked: i have a microsoft account and it just locked me out So first of all i want to say that microsoft security system is terrible So it all started when i tried microsoft 365 family for a mounth ,...
  8. I need a refund on a Xbox series s I never got

in XBoX Accessibility
    I need a refund on a Xbox series s I never got: I need a refund on a Xbox I never got 4cf1c754-9f95-40fb-951a-985fd29dbbae
  9. Xbox Game Pass paid for husband of my mom, forgot to cancel subscription, got a bill today

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Xbox Game Pass paid for husband of my mom, forgot to cancel subscription, got a bill today: as mentioned in the title, we somehow didnt cancel the ongoing subscription (which i was pretty sure we did, but apparently we didnt since we checked his email). He doesnt need the subscription...
  10. Got offer for 4 months groove after one month it want to bill me

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Got offer for 4 months groove after one month it want to bill me: I received an offer for 4 months free groove a few weeks ago. I subscribed and received a voucher code about 1 week later. I entered the voucher code immediately. Now less than a month later, I...