Good Ping but bad download speed

Discus and support Good Ping but bad download speed in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I can play games fine with my regular ping, but recently my download speed slowed down a lot. When ever I try to update/ download a game, the speed... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by NoahS4, Aug 6, 2020.

1. NoahS4
    NoahS4 Guest

I can play games fine with my regular ping, but recently my download speed slowed down a lot. When ever I try to update/ download a game, the speed goes to 1 Mb. We have multiple xboxs, and the other ones work fine, except for this one. We have tried
    being hardwired to the internet and also being wireless, but it still stays under 1Mb. If you know of a dolution please let me know, because it takes forever to update and Warzone has a 50 Gig update.

:)

NoahS4, Aug 6, 2020
    1 person likes this.
  2. VinMsr Win User

Hi Noah

Try to bring the console closer to the modem

also when you download at 1mb, you have other devices on that work the band, if you try to turn off and check if the download speed increases.

If you don't solve that way, try contacting microsoft support at this
    link

Hope you solve the problem and have a good day

-Vincenzo

Xbox Ambassador
  3. Lukzey Win User

Hey Noah!

Again im sorry that this has happened to you.Visit Network Issues. That might help you a bit. Thanks For Playing with
    xbox!

Thanks!

-Thomas C.

Xbox Ambassador
  4. Default Username 97 Win User

It's MS **** support and servers, i have a PS4 and it finished 4 hours ahead of my box one x.... what bs ingore these idots ^ above me just get a PS5
  5. NoahS4 Win User

Thank You for responding. I did a speed test, and it was just a few MB off of what we have. I have the XBox hardwired all the time, but i dont know if it is on our 5g or 2g.
  6. Lukzey Win User

Hi Noah!

Sorry for the delayed response.

What i think might affect it are the following.

• Room this Xbox is in.

The room or area where your xbox is might affect the internet speed. To confirm that Please do a speed test on the Xbox's.

• Wrong Internet

I know that it sounds dumb, but please try to see are you on the correct wifi. Some internets have 2 different Signals. One is 4g and one is 3g.

After you have checked please reply as i am more than happy to help you with this issue.

- Thomas

Xbox Ambassador.
Thema:

1. Good Ping but bad download speed - Similar Threads - Ping bad download

2. Xbox X Upload speed slow and bad ping

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox X Upload speed slow and bad ping: Hi all, I have a Xbox Series X and having issues with remote play due to the following network connection status Download: 1015.9 Mbps Upload: 7.68 Mbps (can't get it over 8) Pocket loss: 0%...
  3. Really bad Download speed and ping

in XboX Networking Hardware
    Really bad Download speed and ping: Really bad Download speed and ping (only on xbox) I thought this was a problem with my internet. I got new modem/routers (3) and then finally was told my my internet to get their router/modem....
  4. Only getting half my download speed and bad ping through ethernet (xbox one)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Only getting half my download speed and bad ping through ethernet (xbox one): So recently i've only been getting half my download speed and 40+ms ping when doing the speed test on xbox which is really effecting my gameplay. When i do a speed test on my PC which is run...
  5. : Good download and upload but bad ping

in XboX Networking Hardware
    : Good download and upload but bad ping: : Good download and upload but bad ping Lately ive been having ping issues and i have no idea why i have around 300 download mbps and 30 upload but for some reason i have around 70-80 latency does...
  6. Bad Ping but I have good internet

in XboX Insiders
    Bad Ping but I have good internet: For some reason whenever I play I am always on about 200 ping when on the correct servers any other device does not experience problems except my Xbox , any idea how to fix the problem? submitted...
  7. Bad Stutter and Ping on Newest Xbox One

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Bad Stutter and Ping on Newest Xbox One: A few days ago, I purchased a second Xbox One. The 500 g $190 white one on sale. When I use the new one to play Overwatch, I get horrific skipping of the other players. The environment and my...
  8. Titanfall, Bad Ping on Brazil.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Titanfall, Bad Ping on Brazil.: Hello MS and Friends, i come here to talk about my ping connection i live in Brazil and my ping whith Brazlian server is 245ms, i have 10mb conection and other PC games whith Brazilian servers my...
  9. HIGH PING AND BAD LAG

in XBoX Games and Apps
    HIGH PING AND BAD LAG: Hi all new here just got a xbox 360 from a friend so trying to play black ops 2 but I got so much lag in the game its unplayable I am on shaw high speed 50 down and 3 up win I run speedtest.net...
  10. Very bad ping on call of duty advanced warfare

in XBoX on Consoles
    Very bad ping on call of duty advanced warfare: Hi for the past 2 days i have been getting very very bad lag so bad that it is unplayable please help thanks df9da9cf-dd4f-4732-8e88-71c9a32ddaf1