Gold sharing not working

Discus and support Gold sharing not working in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I have my friend as my home xbox and he has me as his and recently when I tried to play online, it said I need a gold membership when he has gold, and... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Itz emk, May 21, 2018.

1. Itz emk
    Itz emk Guest

Gold sharing not working

I have my friend as my home xbox and he has me as his and recently when I tried to play online, it said I need a gold membership when he has gold, and I cant use any of the gold features but I can still play the digital games he has, this started today btw.
    Any help?

:)

Itz emk, May 21, 2018
  2. L1TTL3 P1P
    L1TTL3 P1P Guest
    Gold sharing not working

I have a gold account on my Xbox one, it’s set as my home Xbox, my sister added her account, with no gold, and she can’t go online or do anything that gold allows, even though she’s added to my home Xbox with my gold profile there, I’m really confused, someone
    help!

L1TTL3 P1P, May 21, 2018
  3. Yakko Warner
    Yakko Warner Guest
    Gold sharing not working

We have two Xboxes in the house. My kids could use Gold on the first one because I set it as my home Xbox, but not on the second. For Christmas, we got one of the kids his own Xbox Live gold subscription and set the second Xbox as his home, with the thought
    that it would share his gold there.

Except it's not working. Whenever my other kids try to go online on the second Xbox, it refuses to let them and pops up a message asking them to buy Gold.

Is there something that would restrict sharing that I'm missing?

Yakko Warner, May 21, 2018
  4. Smwutches Win User

Xbox One - Gold Membership

Gold subscriptions are shared on the One. So if they share a console, then yes, the gold subscription would work on both accounts.
  5. Yakko Warner Win User

Gold sharing not working

Put another way in case I'm not clear:

Account A has Gold and has set Xbox A as Home. Accounts B, C, D, E, and F can sign in on Xbox A and use Account A's Gold, even if Account A signs in on Xbox B.

We bought Gold for Account B. Account B has set Xbox B as Home. But Accounts C, D, E, and F can't use Account B's Gold on Xbox B.

According to
    Xbox.com
    , all one should have to do to share Gold is to set the console as his Home Xbox, but it's not working.
  6. Mister Quasar Win User

Gold sharing not working

That's strange, L1TTL3 P1P!

To help us take a closer look into this with you, can you reply to this thread with some additional details?

1. What is she trying to do specifically, when she sees trouble?

2. Is her account a child/teen account?

3. If you're seeing any specific error messages on the console, please include a picture of those in your reply.

4. Have you taken any troubleshooting steps already? If so, let us know what you've tried specifically, so we don't retrace any steps.
  7. The Viral Cyrix Win User

second xBox can't access the gold subscription

Gold Sharing will only work if your Son is signed into your HOME xbox.

If you set your Sons Xbox at school as your accounts Home xbox you should be able to share gold with him however gold sharing on your own xbox would stop working
  8. Smwutches Win User

Xbox family cant access gold benefits.

Gold deals will only work for the account that purchased gold which is why you can access them but not your son. Sharing gold allows you to share the ability for other accounts to play online.
Thema:

Gold sharing not working

1. Gold sharing not working - Similar Threads - Gold sharing working

2. How do I share xbox live gold online feature with other profiles?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I share xbox live gold online feature with other profiles?: I have xbox live gold on one of the accounts on my xbox, but when I access a different account on the same Xbox I can no longer use the online features. I have already set my home xbox and all the...
  3. xbox gold can’t share with family

in XBoX Accessibility
    xbox gold can’t share with family: I have xbox gold and I am the home xbox but one of my family members can’t use xbox live. This is weird because another family member can use it but it won’t share to this certain account. please...
  4. Issue with sharing XBOX live Gold

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Issue with sharing XBOX live Gold: Hi, We have an Xbox Live Gold on an XBOX account which also have an XBOX Series X as an Home XBOX. No other users on that XBOX can use the XBOX Live Gold. Tested two different games (Battlefront...
  5. Home Xbox/Xbox gold sharing

in XBoX on Windows
    Home Xbox/Xbox gold sharing: Hello there I'm having Abit of a problem and it is that whenever I try to play like an online game it won't let me even though I own the game and I have my brother's account on my Xbox set to my...
  6. Hi, wondering if anyone can help, how do I share my Xbox gold with my daughter please

in XBoX Accessibility
    Hi, wondering if anyone can help, how do I share my Xbox gold with my daughter please: Hi can someone please tell me how to share Xbox gold with my daughters Xbox please, I thought I had done it but it’s not working please help 36cd80d9-ade0-4def-bea8-33dc682a5c6b
  7. How to get Xbox Gold Home Share to work?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to get Xbox Gold Home Share to work?: I need help getting the xbox gold share to work. I already have another profile as the home, but it still demanding that I pay for xbox gold. Things I already tried are: Checking the...
  8. Bf and I want to share games and gold, but it doesn't work

in XBoX on Consoles
    Bf and I want to share games and gold, but it doesn't work: My boyfriend has logged in on my xbox one and made it his home console, and while he is connected on my xbox, but I play on my account everything works, but! If he logs into his own xbox he is...
  9. How does this Xbox Gold work on Xbox360? Can I share it with family members?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How does this Xbox Gold work on Xbox360? Can I share it with family members?: I was wondering if you can share one family persons gold membership or if all need their own? 7152d419-3690-47ea-b656-b3f43cf4a3d4
  10. trying to share my gold and it wont work

in XBoX on Consoles
    trying to share my gold and it wont work: trying to share my gold in same house and it wont work help please 6950a10f-8ca7-4318-aa2b-b3b13598a406