Going from HD to standard on my sky box takes about 30 seconds

Discus and support Going from HD to standard on my sky box takes about 30 seconds in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi have been having this problem for a while I have a sony full HD tv and sky+HD box. When I turn from an HD channel to a standard def channel it can... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by ajik888, Aug 23, 2014.

1. ajik888
    ajik888 Guest

Hi have been having this problem for a while I have a sony full HD tv and sky+HD box. When I turn from an HD channel to a standard def channel it can take about 30 seconds for it to come on. This only happens when it's through the xbox. It works fine when
    I unplug the xbox. Anyone have any ideas

:)

ajik888, Aug 23, 2014
  2. Xbox one UK losing television signal on Sky satellite platform

I also have my Sky HD box running through my xbox one. I have the same problem. I've noticed that I when switching between HD channels it is fine, but when I switch from a HD channel to an SD channel I lose signal for about 10-15 seconds. This happens every
    time and is very frustrating. I have tried switching the resolution output on my sky box for 'automatic' to 1080i, and even 720p, and makes no difference. Any suggestions???

IIII NITRO IIII, Aug 23, 2014
  3. Althulus
    Althulus Guest
    Unable to get sky+ hd box to work with xbox one

I have followed the instructions to set up TV via Sky+ hd box. I have the option selected for 50hz as UK tv is 50hz. When going through the setup process and your waiting to detect the picture which will take 12 seconds it will goto the screen to check hdmi
    connections etc. during the setup process my sky box is detected and turns the box on and off. Funny thing is during the picture detection if I pull the power cord from my sky box and then replug back in it will show the sky start up screen but after a while
    will loose the connection again. I have tried new hdmi cables and know that they work fine.

I am using

Sky+ hd box ( Amstrad DRX 890-R )

Panasonic TX-50AS520b

Also for some reason I can not play any of my film content due a persistent HDCP error!

I bought my xbox a couple of months ago while working away from home and found the use of using the xbox TV dongle ok and was looking forward to having it in the living room at home connected to sky. Peeved now but any help to resolve this will be appreciated.

Althulus, Aug 23, 2014
  4. IIII NITRO IIII Win User

Xbox one UK losing television signal on Sky satellite platform

I also have my Sky HD box running through my xbox one. I have the same problem. I've noticed that I when switching between HD channels it is fine, but when I switch from a HD channel to an SD channel I lose signal for about 10-15 seconds. This happens every
    time and is very frustrating. I have tried switching the resolution output on my sky box for 'automatic' to 1080i, and even 720p, and makes no difference. Any suggestions???
  5. Unreal Warfare Win User

can the xbox one turn my tv on aswell?

[quote user="SlimyTurt1e"]

@Unreal. Are you not setting up a cable box? If not, the simplest way would be just to hook up everything through the AV receiver.

[/quote]

No I'm on standard Sky Freesat and it doesn't have a HDMI slot (my Sky+ HD box died so I need to buy a new one).
  6. Lee323 Win User

Xbox One losing TV signal

Same problem here, seriously tempted to unplug my Sky HD box from the back of my Xbox One
  7. Simonpallen Win User

September update ruins sports smoothness. Judder and slow motion appearance

I have unplugged my sky hd box from the xbox one because of the judder issue which is a real shame.....
  8. funkymonkey1975 Win User

Video and Audio Delay HELP!

Just had to say.... I've had to disconnect the hdmi from the xbox as the sound was just too much. Plug the sky box into the TV and problems sorted. My setup is sky hd box --- hdmi to xbox ----hdmi to tv. Sound is an lg sound bar on an optical cable direct
    from the tv.
Thema:

1. Going from HD to standard on my sky box takes about 30 seconds - Similar Threads - Going standard sky

2. My reward didnt go through is there a way to get my points back

in XBoX on Windows
    My reward didnt go through is there a way to get my points back: Can I get my points back because it took my points 79f8f05b-a497-4df4-b051-6c390962c4f8
  3. Why is a single motor going off randomly in my series x controller?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is a single motor going off randomly in my series x controller?: The controller I have is the stock controller that came with my Xbox series x console. I've had it for about two years now and I haven't had any issues with it until a week ago. The vibration...
  4. as soon as i sign into my xbox and i go to settings it signs me out

in XBoX on Windows
    as soon as i sign into my xbox and i go to settings it signs me out: I just installed among us and it says I need to change my privacy & online safety settings but when i go to settings it signs me out of my account 74de54d4-330a-4420-b250-01a6d044ba36
  5. Whats going on with the Ark survival Ascended certification?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Whats going on with the Ark survival Ascended certification?: Whats going on with the Ark survival Ascended certification? Got lots of people waiting because the developer thought it was a good idea to release the updates on the other platforms on a cross...
  6. Does anybody know when the Xbox X will go on sale again?

in XboX Insiders
    Does anybody know when the Xbox X will go on sale again?: Does anybody know when the Xbox X will go on sale again? I just missed the $50 off that was going on leading up to Fathers Day. With the new consoles coming out in the winter, I would expect more...
  7. Where would I go to get a new gray plastic clip that goes into my joystick module?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Where would I go to get a new gray plastic clip that goes into my joystick module?: I was playing one day when I noticed that my controller was clicking everytime I moved the joystick in a particuler way so I did some research and found out that the tiny plastic piece was broken...
  8. When are Xbox going to take action against dupe gamer tags

in XBoX on Consoles
    When are Xbox going to take action against dupe gamer tags: Hello, I was wondering if Xbox was going to do anything about the duplicate gamer tags that are out there. I have a gamer tag that I want to un-space but can’t because there’s a duplicate of it...
  9. I recently refunded a game and it says I cant play it but when I go to my revolute account...

in XBoX on Windows
    I recently refunded a game and it says I cant play it but when I go to my revolute account...: Here is the Revolut message 6dd93ab6-f3ba-42c2-92eb-468690d1d368
  10. When I go to my messages it says “ we can’t get all of your messages right now. Check back...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    When I go to my messages it says “ we can’t get all of your messages right now. Check back...: My chats will not pull up or show me any chats from the past d78b6435-e963-4b35-a5e7-d54dcf10ead7