Giving my 360 to my son, quick question....

Discus and support Giving my 360 to my son, quick question.... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hey all, I have a few xboxes that I’ve collected over the years (360, 2x X1 and a series X) scattered throughout my house. My son is 7 years old and... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by KyleDuncan, Jan 10, 2021.

1. KyleDuncan
    KyleDuncan Guest

Hey all,

I have a few xboxes that I’ve collected over the years (360, 2x X1 and a series X) scattered throughout my house. My son is 7 years old and really getting into gaming with games like Minecraft and Roblox. Id like to put my 360 in his room. My question
    to you is, should i have him created his own Xbox Live account? Should he just created a profile under mine? Would he be able to play if Im on a seperate xbox? Does Xbox still have a free type account (I dont mind buying 360 Minecraft and i believe Roblox
    is free) that would allow him to play online with his friends?

Looking forward to hearing any suggestions/ideas. Thank you!

:)

KyleDuncan, Jan 10, 2021
  2. Smwutches Win User

It would be best to create his own account. You can create an offline account on the 360, but it would be best to go ahead and create an online account for him so he can play online now or in the future and can move to the newer consoles with that account.
    The account itself is free, but you do need a Gold subscription in order to play online.

Also, while Minecraft is available on the 360, Roblox is not.
  3. SammieChaos Win User

Is it possible give my xbox 360 to my son?

You can just make him his own account and sign it in on the Xbox 360. I'd also suggest making him a

child's account
    depending on his age, this way thing's don't get accidently purchased.
  4. Smwutches Win User

If he lives in the same house as you do , you can even let him play on your account.
    It would be better to create his own account. Especially if he is younger and parental controls need to be put in place. Plus it would be better for his progress to be tied to his own account to avoid problems in the future.
  5. Smwutches Win User

Yes. And it is just as simple as creating a new account for him.
  6. MuNawa Win User

Your son can absolutely have your old 360. You can choose to return your XBox360 to its original state by deleting any content you previously downloaded (i.e. games, apps, profiles). If your son in younger and you feel parental settings are a must, you can
    still have them applied to your 360 when you give it to him.

I would suggest having your son create his own Xbox account (if he is of age), this will allow him to create his own save files on games he plays and it will not interfere with any you have created under your profile.

You can still have your own profile logged into the 360 so you don't lose your content. This would be separate from your son's account so the two won't mesh, thus leading to confusion on whose save file is whose.
Thema:

1. Giving my 360 to my son, quick question.... - Similar Threads - Giving 360 son

2. My Xbox 360 will not let me download my account it keeps giving me the code 80151103

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox 360 will not let me download my account it keeps giving me the code 80151103: My Xbox 360 will not let me download my profile it keeps giving me the code 80151103 cefc6d9a-c43f-410f-af89-650fd9a5a827
  3. Hi i have a Xbox 360 and when i try playing GTA V it gives me this disc is unreadable i...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Hi i have a Xbox 360 and when i try playing GTA V it gives me this disc is unreadable i...: Hi i have a Xbox 360 and when i try playing GTA V it gives me this disc is unreadable i need help pls. by 5f17215b-1c92-4aeb-a266-cddb5f0e3f6e
  4. The Xbox 360 want give me the option of choosing available wifi troubleshooting doesn't...

in XBoX on Consoles
    The Xbox 360 want give me the option of choosing available wifi troubleshooting doesn't...: Why wang my Xbox 360 move pass the test PC text Xbox live configure etc and give me the option to my available wifi troubleshooting doesn't work I tried everything I know to try help...
  5. my xbox 360 downloaded Forza Horizon but about five minutes into the game it would give me...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    my xbox 360 downloaded Forza Horizon but about five minutes into the game it would give me...: my xbox 360 downloaded Forza Horizon but about five minutes into the game it would give me the disc unreadable error i downloaded it onto a 1 tb flash drive i just recieved can you help?...
  6. Does Gears of War Ultimate Edition gives you the Xbox 360 games?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Does Gears of War Ultimate Edition gives you the Xbox 360 games?: I bought today Gears of War Ultimate Edition deluxe and someone told me that it gives you the 4 Gears of War 360 games and their dlcs. Is it true because I didn't saw them on my library when I...
  7. Xbox 360 Services giving an internet error code

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox 360 Services giving an internet error code: So this has been tested across mutliple systems at various locatikns witb different internet connections, but essentially all 360 games can no longer connect to the internet. Not sure if it was...
  8. xbox 360 Keeps giving me an error 8015190A. How do i fix this error?

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox 360 Keeps giving me an error 8015190A. How do i fix this error?: Xbox 360 Keeps giving me an error 8015190A, and tells me to go to account.live.com to fix....My credentials let me login on that site, but when i try to login in it takes a long time then it gives...
  9. Can I access Xbox Live from my Xbox 360 I just bought it from a pawn shop but it's giving...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can I access Xbox Live from my Xbox 360 I just bought it from a pawn shop but it's giving...: Can I access Xbox Live from my Xbox 360 I just bought it from a pawn shop but it's giving me trouble 3d99acf1-8de7-4058-86ae-05a5813279a8
  10. Is it possible give my xbox 360 to my son?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Is it possible give my xbox 360 to my son?: We are using another product and I have a perfectly good xbox360 that I don't want to toss. Is it possible to give it to my son? If so, how do I go about this? Is it as simple having him create a...