Gigabyte M27Q monitor and Xbox Series - Black Home screen

Discus and support Gigabyte M27Q monitor and Xbox Series - Black Home screen in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hey All, Glad I found this forum, hope someone can help. Monitor works find in-game. Monitor works fine switching between games. Going from a game... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by DavidLandsman, Feb 22, 2022.

1. Gigabyte M27Q monitor and Xbox Series - Black Home screen

Hey All, Glad I found this forum, hope someone can help.

Monitor works find in-game.

Monitor works fine switching between games.

Going from a game to the Home Screen, screen goes black.

Unplug HDMI and plug it back in, the screen comes on.

I switched HDMI cables - same issue.

I had a Series S, upgraded to a Series X (not because of this), same issue.

Plug HDMI into an old HP monitor with a bad panel, and it works fine.

I have the Service Protection Plan from Best Buy, and if I can't resolve it, I'll take it back.

I SUSPECT that it's a setting on either the Xbox or the monitor.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

TIA!!!

:)

DavidLandsman, Feb 22, 2022
  2. Obsessive Power Win User

LED M27Q Monitor , Xbox séries X

Hi

To confuse things, Gigabyte have three versions of the M27Q. The M27Q (Rev 1), an M27Q (Rev 2) and the newer M27P.

According to Rtings (A recommended go to for anything TV and Monitor related) they all support the Xbox Series X

M27Q (Rev 1)

M27Q (Rev 2)

M27P
  3. RainingRoses Win User

GIGABYTE G27Q/Xbox 1s - "No Signal" when playing certain games with monitor

4. DavidLandsman Win User

I was saying that it was working, but, upon further review, it's wonky.

I downloaded a trial of "Grid Legends", it says "Play Trial", or "See in Microsoft store"..

Clicked on "See in Microsoft Store" - and got the blank screen.

Unchecked a bunch of stuff (see below) and it seems to be fine.

[​IMG]
  5. Obsessive Power Win User

Hi,

What happens if you turn off both allow 4K and the HDR setting? (turning off Allow 4K should turn of HDR anyway).

When your playing games in HDR and go back to the dashboard there will be a momentary pause or black screen. This is normal as the Xbox dashboard operates in SDR and both the monitor and the Xbox should switch back to SDR.

I'm just curios to see if there is an issue with switching between HDR and SDR on this monitor.

Also, if I'm not mistaken, the M27Q is an older HDMI 2.0 display and that can be bandwidth limited. Besides, this is only an HDR 400 display which means it doesn't get bright enough for HDR to really stand out. Decent HDR needs HDR 600 or more to actually make much of a difference together with good local dimming.

Just because it can do HDR doesn't mean you need to have it on. On displays with poor HDR implementation having it on can actually make the picture worse.

Have you updated the monitors firmware?
  6. DavidLandsman Win User

Not sure if I'm an Xbox Insider - I don't think that I am.

OS Version 10.0.22000.3542 (xb_flt_2202co.220202-1734)

HDMI directly connected

I have no physical disks - it has happened with every game, every time.

I tried a different monitor, and it worked fine. I tried a different input, I had the same problem.

Don't worry about the questions, I would much rather be able to fix it, than have to take it back. In the top picture, I had all 3 available options enabled, and disabled them, and that didn't work.

BTW, I just reposted this on Reddit. When I had the original post, 1 person responded that they were having the same issue.

THANK YOU for all the time, and your assistance!!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
Thema:

1. Gigabyte M27Q monitor and Xbox Series - Black Home screen - Similar Threads - Gigabyte M27Q monitor

2. How do I change input timing on my monitor?. Only shows me the options to change the hdmi...

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I change input timing on my monitor?. Only shows me the options to change the hdmi...: Whenever I click press physically the menu buttons on my monitor it just shows me the input sources. I don’t have a keyboard or anything just xbox and my monitor....
  3. Hi i bought an Xbox séries s recently and i have an 144hz monitor

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hi i bought an Xbox séries s recently and i have an 144hz monitor: Hi i bought an Xbox séries s recently and i have an 144hz monitor but when i go in my Xbox settings and i aply the 120 refrech rate i have an black screen for second and return to 60refrech rate...
  4. how to change mic monitoring on xbox one chatpad on series x?

in XBoX on Consoles
    how to change mic monitoring on xbox one chatpad on series x?: i have an xbox one chat pad.. the best thing Microsoft ever made and then discontinued for some reason... in fact i now have 2 the old one was dropped on the 3.5mm socket with the mic in and has...
  5. Does Anyone Know if the Gigabyte M27Q will do 1440p 120hz on xbox series x

in XBoX on Consoles
    Does Anyone Know if the Gigabyte M27Q will do 1440p 120hz on xbox series x: Does Anyone Know if the Gigabyte M27Q will do 1440p 120hz on xbox series x, im looking to get a 1440p monitor thatll do 120hz on my console the monitor i had before was 1440p but it wouldnt work...
  6. Uhmm why does my downloads stop on GTA 5 at like 30 gigabytes

in XBoX on Windows
    Uhmm why does my downloads stop on GTA 5 at like 30 gigabytes: Every time I download gta 5 it says download has stopped d4fffb6b-187e-4fb2-a8c6-562ce7b7df53
  7. Xbox 1S constantly saying I need under a gigabyte to update games, when 80+ is available on...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox 1S constantly saying I need under a gigabyte to update games, when 80+ is available on...: I have an Xbox 1S. It has 80+ gb of storage left on the internal hard drive, but I cannot even access my games or do anything because whenever one of my games has an update, it spams my screen...
  8. LED M27Q Monitor , Xbox séries X

in XBoX on Consoles
    LED M27Q Monitor , Xbox séries X: Hello , i just wanted to know if the issues with this monitor with the Xbox séries X was fixed? ( the issues was that people could not get 1440p 120Hz) i really want to get this monitor so i'm...
  9. Gigabyte M27Q monitor and Xbox Series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Gigabyte M27Q monitor and Xbox Series X: I recently did a search and got here, I saw that many in 2021 managed to run Gigabyte M27Q 1440p@120hz over HDMI 2.0 on Xbox series x, following the information I updated the minutes to firmware...
  10. Gigabyte M27Q monitor and Xbox Series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Gigabyte M27Q monitor and Xbox Series X: I've checked all the specifications for this monitor and it supports 1440p@120hz over HDMI 2.0. The timing list also shows this: [img] But, if I connect xbox series x to the monitor, xbox...