Gifting a game to a different country

Discus and support Gifting a game to a different country in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Is It possible to gift a game in the xbox store from the UK to someone in France? Will the code work for them? fe71c392-c9b6-45ef-99e6-d8e9fdd457c2 Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by ov Bane, Nov 23, 2019.

1. ov Bane
    ov Bane Guest

Is It possible to gift a game in the xbox store from the UK to someone in France? Will the code work for them?

:)

ov Bane, Nov 23, 2019
  2. ov Bane Win User

If I change my xbox location settings to France and then gift the game from the French xbox store, would that work do you think?
  3. StuartATrueRed Win User

yobrizo is correct with this. You cannot gift a game to someone in a different country/region than you. If you want to gift a game to someone in a different country, you best bet would be to either purchase a physical copy and send that to them, or purchase
    a gift card for their country/region, and email them the code, then they can purchase the game themselves.
  4. yobrizo Win User

in principle I don't think it works. when you buy as a gift, it has to be redeemed in that same store and if the profile is from another country it should not. the only question is whether the saer of the eurpea union, consider it a single market
  5. XBF Brad A Win User

Hi Bane,

Thanks for the reply. In order for that to work correctly, you would need to do a

region change
    . However you wouldn't be able to change it back for 90 days. So we do not recommend doing this as it will cause issues with your games. As this issue has been answered I will go ahead and lock this thread to prevent repetitive answers.

Thanks,

Brad
  6. Niko1664 Win User

Hi ov Bane:

Find here https://support.xbox.com/en-US/games/purchasing/help-for-issues-when-gifting-digital-xbox-gamereturn
    the game for a refund

The recipient can’t redeem the code

Thema:

1. Gifting a game to a different country - Similar Threads - Gifting game different

2. Unable to "gift" my relatives a digital xbox game?

in XboX Insiders
    Unable to "gift" my relatives a digital xbox game?: Tried to "gift" my relatives a digital copy of "Melody of Memory" (from my Microsoft account on my phone). It keeps telling me "Check the "send to" email address. Something's not right". 1.) We...
  3. Can't redeem an Xbox Game Pass Core Gift Card

in XBoX on Windows
    Can't redeem an Xbox Game Pass Core Gift Card: I tried redeeming a game pass core 1 month gift card and I can't redeem it. It says that I'm one step closer and to use any payment method for auto renewal. I always use the account balance for it...
  4. can i activate game pass with a vanilla gift card

in XBoX on Windows
    can i activate game pass with a vanilla gift card: can i activate the game pass with a vanilla card 789dbc29-f77a-4c61-bf1f-9aac03b1c0de
  5. Was unable to get a refund for a gifted game that wasn't even played

in XBoX on Windows
    Was unable to get a refund for a gifted game that wasn't even played: Gifted a friend a game not compatible with their Xbox. Tried to get a refund, denied because the game has been "played or consumed" it hasn't due to my friend not even being able to access it...
  6. I paid for in game currency on a gift card and it hasnt come through

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I paid for in game currency on a gift card and it hasnt come through: it was on the finals i paid for 1,150 and 500 then brought a season starter pack and it didnt go through 14fabd13-7039-420e-9d85-9f4efc1ecb16
  7. region lock game gifting

in XBoX Games and Apps
    region lock game gifting: Why is there region locked game gifting. even if there is why do you let people gift to people from other regions only to be disappointed. Can you please remove it or give me a reason as to why...
  8. I did a refund for a game and I bought it from a gift card and I haven't gotten the refund...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I did a refund for a game and I bought it from a gift card and I haven't gotten the refund...: I bought wwll and found out I already had it on another xbox so I refunded it it was approved but u didn't get the money on my gift card b77d7537-26cb-4b7a-a2f5-42a94be240e4
  9. I gifted a game on Christmas of 2023 and they still have not got it. What should they do?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I gifted a game on Christmas of 2023 and they still have not got it. What should they do?: I gifted a game on Christmas of 2023 and they still have not got it. What should they do? cce452c1-1be5-4fd2-b7d1-7ff058d81c6a
  10. Game gift code for different but same region

in XBoX on Windows
    Game gift code for different but same region: I’ve bought a game gift code for my friend who is in Ireland I am in England but it says the regions are different so he can’t redeem it but the region section only has uk not Ireland or England...