gifted code from xbox live app is for another region

Discus and support gifted code from xbox live app is for another region in XBoX Sales and Promo to solve the problem; Hi I need help. Xbox Live App messaged me in the xbox messages a gift code that grants 5.00 microsoft store USD. I have tried to redeem it through... Discussion in 'XBoX Sales and Promo' started by D4isyInZeHouze, May 21, 2020.

1. gifted code from xbox live app is for another region

Hi I need help.

Xbox Live App messaged me in the xbox messages a gift code that grants 5.00 microsoft store USD.

I have tried to redeem it through the Xbox Console Companion app and through the microsoft website and it says the code is for a different region.

I have time to redeem the code until 6/30/20 and to use it within 90 days after redeeming. can someone please help me? the red lines are covering the

code and personal info btw.

gifted code from xbox live app is for another region [​IMG]

:)

D4isyInZeHouze, May 21, 2020
  2. Allebas Win User

we bought a xbox gold gift card for a person that lives in canada

Hi kenedgely,

In order to purchase a gift card for someone who lives in another region you have to buy it from a another retailer that sells that region code using your credit card. You can't gift it over Xbox. I just brought a gift card for my cousin who lives in Canada
    from online and they had no problem redeeming the code.
  3. iMsFox Win User

Xbox has different regions with their own currency. Unfortunately you arent able to use multiple currencies. Changing region wont help unless you migrate your whole account, including billing adress. Xbox support can help you migrate your account. Question
    is, do you want to migrate for a 5 dollar gift card? Because you need to buy games in that currency then too, you have a different game store etc...
  4. GMS1stLDYCannon Win User

Hello...sorry to say but if a gifted gift code is from another region you wont be able to use it at all or convert it. When a person is purchasing the gift card it does warn them about the different region possibility and what can happen. Sorry you are
    currently experiencing this.
  5. AridLizard Win User

try redeeming it on your Xbox

if that is not possible you can choose different options to get to talk to Support.

Family and Online Safety as category

I Want to Protect My Account as the topic.

those will give the options for Chat Online and Request a Call (not always available depending on demand and/or time of day)

once you get through you can explain the situation
  6. BiONikOHeRTz Win User

Hi! I suggest you to contact Xbox support, they will be able to verify the problem and help you solve it quickly! https://beta.support.xbox.com
Thema:

1. gifted code from xbox live app is for another region - Similar Threads - gifted code live

2. When redeeming a game with its gift code, it doesn't appear on my Xbox live account.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    When redeeming a game with its gift code, it doesn't appear on my Xbox live account.: Today I use a gift code to redeem the Resident Evil 2 game, from my email I selected the link to redeem and use it, that was around 2pm, but when I accessed my Xbox live account that game does not...
  3. Cannot redeem a gift code for xbox live gold

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cannot redeem a gift code for xbox live gold: I bought a 3 month Gold gift code for my son (age 7), but every time I try to redeem it I'm getting the same error message...it says something like 'problem our end...Try again later'. This has...
  4. Bought a 25 dollar xbox gift card but instead I get a xbox live 12 month code!

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Bought a 25 dollar xbox gift card but instead I get a xbox live 12 month code!: Is there any way I can get trade or get the xbox money because I was going to buy a game that I really wanted d40b774f-bc84-47df-abdd-67e265feb3ae
  5. Xbox live Gift code doesn´t work

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox live Gift code doesn´t work: Each time that we try to use a gift code that I bought, there's a error message that says that code was boght for other country, but it isn't true. I don´'t know what to do. Technical support told...
  6. Problem with Xbox Live Gold 12 month gift card code

in XBoX on Consoles
    Problem with Xbox Live Gold 12 month gift card code: My son received an Xbox Live Gold gift card (12 month) today for Christmas. We have entered the code to redeem, pressed the next button and the code was accepted. He then tried to invite a friend...
  7. Xbox Live Gift Card Code Scartched Off

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Live Gift Card Code Scartched Off: Hi, I accidentally scratched off the code from my Xbox gift card using a paper clip. I can still make out the last 3 sets of numbers but I'm wondering if could receive some help recovering the...
  8. Purchase Xbox Live Gold 12 Month Gift card - enter code - message says its already in use

in XBoX on Consoles
    Purchase Xbox Live Gold 12 Month Gift card - enter code - message says its already in use: I purchased an Xbox Live Gold 12 Month Gift card from Best Buy and when I entered in the code it states its already in use. Best Buy informed me to contact Xbox Support & after contacting them, I...
  9. Having Trouble activating my 3M live Gold membership gift card Error code Ox80154017

in XBoX on Consoles
    Having Trouble activating my 3M live Gold membership gift card Error code Ox80154017: Hi please help I have tried on numerous occasions to activate my 3month gold membership Gift card but it always tells me that something has gone wrong and to please try again later with this...
  10. My friend on the Xbox 360 that lives in the U.S. (I live in Canada) sent me a gift card code ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My friend on the Xbox 360 that lives in the U.S. (I live in Canada) sent me a gift card code ...: The game I am trying to purchase is Fable 2 but every time I try to purchase it with the $25.00 it says: (Sorry, something went wrong. This isn't available in your region, or the file is...